As a conservative attorney, I will admit that whites have it better in court than blacks or Hispanic

What I saw would be shocking. I was defending pro-life demonstrators who were given a ticket for trespassing.

The cop lied about what happened, and in the court his son was watching to watch his father commit perjury.

The D.A. would not release a copy of the video our defendant took.

That's an ethical violation. All evidence showing the defendant might be innocent must be release. But the D.A. didn't.

Fortunately for our side, the demonstrator who was taking the video switched it out before the cops grabbed it.

We used it as surprise evidence, and demonstrated to the court that our clients were not guilty of trespassing.

The female D.A. was literally in tears. She told all her other cop witnesses to clear out before we could catch them.

That experience proved to me that our criminal justice system is corrupt. DA's can do anything they want, and no one will ever call them for it.
My brother did 8 years in the state pen and he always claimed he was at least mostly innocent.

Prisons are full of innocent people.

BTW, the lawyer that prosecuted him was trying to run for office.....so....there you go.

This sort of thing happens to nonblacks all of the time.

I was sitting in court one day with some people from the Public Defender's office. I has asked them if I could volunteer.

While I was sitting there, a black man was the defendant at a preliminary hearing to determine if there was probable cause to prosecute him for shoplifting.

What this guy did was he grabbed two armfuls of hair conditioner and walk out of the store. An elderly security guard tried to get in his way, so the defendant pushed past him.

After the testimony of the security guard, the judge ordered that this black man be prosecuted for shoplifting, assault and battery committed against an elderly person.

The defense attorneys did nothing to help this black man. They just sat there and watched it happen.

They told me that some stores deliberately hire elderly security guards so they can get that enhancement of the assault charge.

Had this man been white, the story would have a much different ending. If he was a first offender, he would hae the charges dismissed in return for community service. He would not have a public defender, he would have an expensive private attorney representing him. His family would have put up the money to pay the attorney, borrowing if they had to, or putting a mortgage on their home.

And my guess is the assault and battery charge would have dismissed, because all he did is brush by him.

I am not a liberal, but I'm willing to admit this. People in the criminal system consider all blacks and Hispanics to be potential criminals, so they might as well get them in prison as soon as possible.
Thank you for posting this.

Yeah....nothing better than hearing stories about how the white man is keeping the brother down.

I was sitting in court one day with some people from the Public Defender's office. I has asked them if I could volunteer.

While I was sitting there, a black man was the defendant at a preliminary hearing to determine if there was probable cause to prosecute him for shoplifting.

What this guy did was he grabbed two armfuls of hair conditioner and walk out of the store. An elderly security guard tried to get in his way, so the defendant pushed past him.

After the testimony of the security guard, the judge ordered that this black man be prosecuted for shoplifting, assault and battery committed against an elderly person.

The defense attorneys did nothing to help this black man. They just sat there and watched it happen.

They told me that some stores deliberately hire elderly security guards so they can get that enhancement of the assault charge.

Had this man been white, the story would have a much different ending. If he was a first offender, he would hae the charges dismissed in return for community service. He would not have a public defender, he would have an expensive private attorney representing him. His family would have put up the money to pay the attorney, borrowing if they had to, or putting a mortgage on their home.

And my guess is the assault and battery charge would have dismissed, because all he did is brush by him.

I am not a liberal, but I'm willing to admit this. People in the criminal system consider all blacks and Hispanics to be potential criminals, so they might as well get them in prison as soon as possible.

That is unbelievable.

What I saw would be shocking. I was defending pro-life demonstrators who were given a ticket for trespassing.

The cop lied about what happened, and in the court his son was watching to watch his father commit perjury.

That's an ethical violation. All evidence showing the defendant might be innocent must be release. But the D.A. didn't.

Fortunately for our side, the demonstrator who was taking the video switched it out before the cops grabbed it.

We used it as surprise evidence, and demonstrated to the court that our clients were not guilty of trespassing.

The female D.A. was literally in tears. She told all her other cop witnesses to clear out before we could catch them.

That experience proved to me that our criminal justice system is corrupt. DA's can do anything they want, and no one will ever call them for it.
My brother did 8 years in the state pen and he always claimed he was at least mostly innocent.

BTW, the lawyer that prosecuted him was trying to run for office.....so....there you go.

Nowhere near as often as it happens to Blacks and Mexicans.

What I'm saying is our criminal system is broken. We have more people in prison than Communist China, which has a population three times as large. Putting a man in prison takes away his ability to support his family, leaving the equivalent of a widow and orphans, who are then forced to apply for welfare.
i am working on the concept of exculpatory circumstances. i hope to present it in the near future.

i believe a lack of faith in the execution of a federal doctrine and our own State laws regarding the concept of employment at will; is an social in-Justice being perpetrated upon the least wealthy under our form of Capitalism.

With all due respect...the most important thing that a judge looks at isn't skin color...it's a person's criminal history laid out on the desk in front of him or her. If you sit in a court of law and watch how the process works it becomes readily apparent that for a whole lot of people...this isn't their first encounter in court and quite often not their first interaction with a particular judge.

When you see a judge drop the hammer on a defendant? Chances are that's happening because the person has a list of priors that could pass for a short novel or because the person was in front of that judge before and was let off easy. You do NOT want to go back in front of a judge that cut you slack before and warned you to get your act together!
while i agree with you as a matter of "weights and measures"; there is still plenty of color to the perception of being denied and disparaged in our privileges and immunities due merely to wealth under our form of Capitalism.

yea, this reeks of some bullshit.

whites can hire lawyers - the fuck we all can
most whites know lawyers - complete and utter nonsense

blacks go to court and just get fucked - learn how to act in court, show some respect and they won't.

took a buddy to court for a ticket, there was a black kid, whos PD was going to get him off, completely off his dope dealing charge. The judge didn't like it, but he agreed as long as he did community service. They bring the kid out, he's got his hat on sideways, won't stand up straight, slurs when he speaks and shows no respect. Judge sends him to jail, his PD has nothing that he can say b/c the kid was a dick.
So you admit the main point of what I said?

A young black man is prosecuted for shoplifting, he goes to prison and gets a felony conviction that will remain with him for the rest of his life.

A young white man caught for shoplifting. His parents will be called to pick him up at the station, after a stern warning.
No.

A young black man is prosecuted for shoplifting, acts the fool b/c he won't show any respect, he goes to prison and gets a felony conviction that will remain with him for the rest of his life.

A young white man caught for shoplifting. His parents will be called to pick him up at the station, after a stern warning. B/c he acted with respect and wasn't trying to get any street creds.

so the difference? blacks want street cred, whites want to go home
blacks demand to be respected, whites show respect

get it?

show up to court all pimped out or show up in a suit and tie?

one will help you get to jail the other will help you get off

see the point?

I know I'm going to be told I'm wrong, but people have to lie
I'm gunna get called a racist b/c people hate the truth.

So the truth is that your conviction and sentence have nothing to do with the crime and everything to do with your demeanor?

This is the real world and I understand what you're saying. If you took someone who looks and acts like Denzel Washington or Cuba Gooding and put them in front of a judge and someone who looks like Little Wayne or Snoop Dogg under identical circumstances, Denzel and Cuba will get likely probation and Little Wayne/Snoop Dogg will get detained.

You're stating the way it is. I get it. But the way it is remains unjust. The world of jurisprudence should never be based on "the way it is". It should always be a punishment that fit the crime regardless of whether the defendant is wearing a thousand dollar dress or pants with the waistband down to his ankles.
i agree that capital justice must be distinguishable from social justice.

With all due respect...the most important thing that a judge looks at isn't skin color...it's a person's criminal history laid out on the desk in front of him or her. If you sit in a court of law and watch how the process works it becomes readily apparent that for a whole lot of people...this isn't their first encounter in court and quite often not their first interaction with a particular judge.

When you see a judge drop the hammer on a defendant? Chances are that's happening because the person has a list of priors that could pass for a short novel or because the person was in front of that judge before and was let off easy. You do NOT want to go back in front of a judge that cut you slack before and warned you to get your act together!
while i agree with you as a matter of "weights and measures"; there is still plenty of color to the perception of being denied and disparaged in our privileges and immunities due merely to wealth under our form of Capitalism.

Daniel? Do us both a favor and instead of trying to impress me with how "flowery" you can make a sentence sound...how about you write it in a clear and concise manner that communicates your point? Seriously...if you looked up verbose in the dictionary THAT passage could now be used as an example!

I mean no disrespect but you seem like an intelligent person...write like one!

blacks go to court and just get fucked - learn how to act in court, show some respect and they won't.

took a buddy to court for a ticket, there was a black kid, whos PD was going to get him off, completely off his dope dealing charge. The judge didn't like it, but he agreed as long as he did community service. They bring the kid out, he's got his hat on sideways, won't stand up straight, slurs when he speaks and shows no respect. Judge sends him to jail, his PD has nothing that he can say b/c the kid was a dick.

A young black man is prosecuted for shoplifting, he goes to prison and gets a felony conviction that will remain with him for the rest of his life.

A young white man caught for shoplifting. His parents will be called to pick him up at the station, after a stern warning.
No.

A young black man is prosecuted for shoplifting, acts the fool b/c he won't show any respect, he goes to prison and gets a felony conviction that will remain with him for the rest of his life.

A young white man caught for shoplifting. His parents will be called to pick him up at the station, after a stern warning. B/c he acted with respect and wasn't trying to get any street creds.

so the difference? blacks want street cred, whites want to go home
blacks demand to be respected, whites show respect

get it?

show up to court all pimped out or show up in a suit and tie?

one will help you get to jail the other will help you get off

see the point?

I know I'm going to be told I'm wrong, but people have to lie
I'm gunna get called a racist b/c people hate the truth.

So the truth is that your conviction and sentence have nothing to do with the crime and everything to do with your demeanor?

This is the real world and I understand what you're saying. If you took someone who looks and acts like Denzel Washington or Cuba Gooding and put them in front of a judge and someone who looks like Little Wayne or Snoop Dogg under identical circumstances, Denzel and Cuba will get likely probation and Little Wayne/Snoop Dogg will get detained.

You're stating the way it is. I get it. But the way it is remains unjust. The world of jurisprudence should never be based on "the way it is". It should always be a punishment that fit the crime regardless of whether the defendant is wearing a thousand dollar dress or pants with the waistband down to his ankles.
The cost of your cloths has no meaning.

Showing your ass, literally does. It means you don't care that you did the crime and will put forth no effort to correct yourself.

you act or dress a certain way, people, properly, will make assumptions about you. That is the way of the world.

Thats even before you factor in that the vast majority of cops police Black/Brown people differently than whites.

Racial profiling is a problem that needs to be addressed and fixed. There is no question that it is done and it is wrong. I agree with Black Rook. The system is broken. I do not agree with violence to solve the problem but I agree that there is a problem, Asceplias.

Judges are people too, and they have big egos, which has only grown larger over the years from attorneys showing them extreme deference to their position.

If a defendant doesn't show respect to a judge, the judge WILL hammer him for it.

I had a case in front of a federal judge, and my client kept disrespecting her every time talked. What's worse, he was detained because he broke a court order not to leave the United States. I went over too the jury box where my client was seated, and told him not to talk any more.

Then I begged and pleaded before the judge to have mercy on my client, in most deferential tone.

I got my guy released, despite his own stupidity.

And by the way, I never got paid by that client, so maybe I'm the one who's stupid.

Not nearly as often as it happens to black people and that is because there is profiling going on. This is something that cannot be denied. The police are profiling, the prosecutors are profiling, the judges are profiling. And it is wrong.

The problem with these kids is that their parents have a bad attitude, and they teach that to their children.

I worked with a black lawyer who was born in a Carribean nation, and moved here. In her childhood, she lived in a shack with no electricity and no water. What saved her was the excellent education she received at a Catholic school. She came here without the predisposed hatred of whites, that our homegrown blacks often have.

She was personally upset that our black clients were so hateful to white people. Even the doctor who looked at the kid, noted in the medical history that the kid's mother was extremely hostile and non-cooperative. If I had pursued this case to trial, the jury would have read those medical records, hurting our client's case.

Oh boo hoo! Try not doing the fucking crime moron.
That's not the issue. I saw a black man put on trial for stealiing two armfuls of hair conditioner. A white man or woman who did the same thing would be let off with a warning.

Not nearly as often as it happens to black people and that is because there is profiling going on. This is something that cannot be denied. The police are profiling, the prosecutors are profiling, the judges are profiling. And it is wrong.

Profiling is just another word for "Good Police Work".

Blacks commit more crimes than all other ethnic groups in America...so it's not profiling....it's just common-sense.
I used to listen to a police band while I worked nights while in college. Most 211 (Armed Robbery) suspects were Black Males.

Judges are people too, and they have big egos, which has only grown larger over the years from attorneys showing them extreme deference to their position.

If a defendant doesn't show respect to a judge, the judge WILL hammer him for it.

I had a case in front of a federal judge, and my client kept disrespecting her every time talked. What's worse, he was detained because he broke a court order not to leave the United States. I went over too the jury box where my client was seated, and told him not to talk any more.

Then I begged and pleaded before the judge to have mercy on my client, in most deferential tone.

I got my guy released, despite his own stupidity.

And by the way, I never got paid by that client, so maybe I'm the one who's stupid.

You are not stupid. The devil owes you 7 times what he stole from you. That is scripture. The Bible is our Law book. When we have grounds to petition God for something stolen from us we use the Scriptures. Look at this Black Rook:

It is written:

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
John 10:10

Who said that? Jesus Christ. Who was he calling a thief? Satan.

Now look at this:

It is written:

Men do not despise a thief, if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry;
But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.
Proverbs 6:30-31

In the church it is called taking back what the devil has stolen. I'm going to petition God to force Satan turn that money loose to you and return it 7 times what that client stole from you. You watch. You are going to get that money back!!

We've got legal grounds, Black Rook! Glory to God! You just made my day! Ha! ha! I knew I was lead by the Holy Spirit to read this thread for a reason! Good night and start expecting to see that money show up soon!

Why would I care?

A number of things in your post don't pass the smell test and frankly, I'm tired of people with agendas trying to put Me down for something I had no hand in.

Everyone is trying to get it better for themselves. That is why progressives lie like they do. They want it better for them, and they won't care if it is unfair to others.

So I don't care. If I get a break because I"m white, even though I didn't ask for it, good for Me and screw the rest of you.

Why would I care?

A number of things in your post don't pass the smell test and frankly, I'm tired of people with agendas trying to put Me down for something I had no hand in.

Everyone is trying to get it better for themselves. That is why progressives lie like they do. They want it better for them, and they won't care if it is unfair to others.

So I don't care. If I get a break because I"m white, even though I didn't ask for it, good for Me and screw the rest of you.

Why do you equate acknowledging that biases exist in the system with trying to put you down?

Is it just part of the whole victim complex thing, or is it something else?

Forum List

Back