As a conservative attorney, I will admit that whites have it better in court than blacks or Hispanic

I'm sure this old, retired German wanted to do that. He was a very nasty person. But the cops would refuse to write a police report.

Then I would be filing a formal complaint against tbe officers.
Cops have wide discretion in their decision of who to arrest and who not to arrest. Your complaint would go nowhere.

I disagree. They have a job to do. Everyone is entitled to a defense. If an EMT saved the life of a serial killer who had been shot - would you have him drawn and quartered?

Yes, I would.

Well...we disagree...because you don't always know who is truly guilty and innocent...and a good defense is a right.

Cops have wide discretion in their decision of who to arrest and who not to arrest. Your complaint would go nowhere.

How would that discretion work after i beat the kid within an inch of his life the next time I saw him?

Well...we disagree...because you don't always know who is truly guilty and innocent...and a good defense is a right.

Yes, we do disagree. I don't believe that most people deserve any defense.

I was in a liquor store in Richmond BC last month. Liquor stores in BC are owned by the government. It's an anachronism.

To my shock, I found a bottle of Booker's bourbon for US$54. Given all the insane taxes on booze in Canada, I was totally dumbfounded, given that it costs $66 where I live in the US. Booze is usually about 50% more expensive in Canada than the US. So I bought a bottle of Kentucky bourbon in a Vancouver suburb that I took back to my home in Florida.

Anyways, I saw a security guard there and began to talk to him, since they also had a surprisingly pretty good scotch selection. He told me that a few days prior, some loser walked in the store, put a bottle of a good scotch in his jacket, and walked out. I asked if he did anything about it. He said "no." They just write it off as shrinkage.

I have no idea if the thief was white or black. I was just stunned that the guard was instructed by the government to not worry about store theft.

And that's my story.

Anathema, I think you are trying to derail my thread with troll tactics. I'm going to put you on "ignore" if you keep it up.

I have already reported you for threatening to shoot me in the head.

What if they are accused of a horrific crime but are innocent?

There are no Innocent people in the world. There are people who are Not Guilty of a particular crime but there are no Innocents above age 4.

Anathema, I think you are trying to derail my thread with troll tactics. I'm going to put you on "ignore" if you keep it up.

No. I am 100% serious in all my comments. I am aware of your reporting as you mentioned it earlier. It makes no difference to me. Besides it was less a threat and more a promise.

But since I'm sure you only represent Innocent people it should never be sn issue, right?

I was in a liquor store in Richmond BC last month. Liquor stores in BC are owned by the government. It's an anachronism.

To my shock, I found a bottle of Booker's bourbon for US$54. Given all the insane taxes on booze in Canada, I was totally dumbfounded, given that it costs $66 where I live in the US. Booze is usually about 50% more expensive in Canada than the US. So I bought a bottle of Kentucky bourbon in a Vancouver suburb that I took back to my home in Florida.

Anyways, I saw a security guard there and began to talk to him, since they also had a surprisingly pretty good scotch selection. He told me that a few days prior, some loser walked in the store, put a bottle of a good scotch in his jacket, and walked out. I asked if he did anything about it. He said "no." They just write it off as shrinkage.

I have no idea if the thief was white or black. I was just stunned that the guard was instructed by the government to not worry about store theft.

And that's my story.
Many businesses have the same policy. An attempt to stop a shoplifter could lead to violence. It is easier just to write off the loss.

Any information on CRIMINAL HISTORY between white's arrested, and Black's arrested?

No. I am 100% serious in all my comments. I am aware of your reporting as you mentioned it earlier. It makes no difference to me. Besides it was less a threat and more a promise.

But since I'm sure you only represent Innocent people it should never be sn issue, right?
This site is pretty tolerant to trolls, but I think your "promise" to shoot me if I did my job as an attorney is just as bad as saying you would come to my home and shoot me now.

This site is pretty tolerant to trolls, but I think your "promise" to shoot me if I did my job as an attorney is just as bad as saying you would come to my home and shoot me now.

That's nice. Your opinion holds no weight with me as mine holds none with you. Guess thst makes us even.

Though i do wonder what you would do if you ever ended up with me as a client.... since i would refuse to be of any assistance in my own defense. Not just with you but with any attorney

I will give you another story to prove that lack of a criminal background doesn't always help minority kids.

When I practiced immigration law, I represented a kid who along with three other kids, were standing around. One of the kids, who was standing at least a block away from my client, reached into the open sunroof of a Volkswagon, and took out a fifty cent coin.

For that crime (which my client didn't do) my client was charged and convicted for conspiracy to break and enter.

The other three boys had a history of gang activities, but my client had no priors. Nevertheless, he had the book thrown at him because the other boys were in gangs.

The federal government started deportation proceedings against my client (he had a green card) because he was convicted of a crime of moral turpitude because it was a theft crime.

He came to us to stop the deportation.

We hired a criminal lawyer who knew his way around the system, and the kid was allowed to change his plea to conspiracy to commit a crime, which was NOT a crime of moral turpitude.

These kids were all Hispanics by the way.

Would white kids be treated the same, given serious charges for stealing fifty cents?

I think it wouldn't have gone the same way if those kids were white.

That's nice. Your opinion holds no weight with me as mine holds none with you. Guess thst makes us even.

Though i do wonder what you would do if you ever ended up with me as a client.... since i would refuse to be of any assistance in my own defense. Not just with you but with any attorney
Why would you refuse to cooperate in your defense? That doesn't even make sense.

Many businesses have the same policy. An attempt to stop a shoplifter could lead to violence. It is easier just to write off the loss.

And what's wrong with violence?

They should hire some big, strong guy to beat the shit out of the thief.

I'd be for that.

Anathema, if you refused to help your own defense, I would have a psychologist meet with you, and he would write a report declaring that you are not competent to stand trial. If that happened, they would send you to a mental hospital, and you would stay there until you were "cured."

Why would you refuse to cooperate in your defense? That doesn't even make sense.

My intent, should I ever be arrested is to inform the officer of the location of my wallet, the disposition of any weapons on my person and to invoke my Right to Remain Silent (permanently until released from custody) as I do not recognize the validity of the US Legal System.

Forum List

Back