As I have learned a many years worth of political information over the last 8 years. A key reminder about polls "don't look at the National results"

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Now I'm just a dumb Canadian as you all know. I was far less informed though in the past and you guys, among others; educated me.

So, I give a critical piece of information for you if you didn't know. When you hear Fox News, CNN or the crazies on MSNBC tell you "Trump is leading Harris by 2% in the polls" (the current poll results). That is very bad for Harris because this is the popular vote. As you guys told me early in my travels, you are an Electorate College system. They always quote the poll that makes their candidate look better, which is generally the National Poll.

Who cares if Harris gets 90% of the vote in a multi-million populated city in California or NY which skewed the overall results? It is all about the Swing States. Trump has also made key moves in some blue states making them essentially purple.

As it were, from all I have seen, she polls worse than Biden in the Rust Belt, swing states etc. If Trump is leading in a National Poll, that is horrible for the Dems as a GOP should rarely win such polls nowadays.

Forum List

Back