As IQ scores decline in the US, experts blame the rise of tech— how stupid is your state?

As IQ scores decline in the US, experts blame the rise of tech— how stupid is your state?​

I blame the increasing birth rate among Conservatives

We are definitely entering idiocracy from the standpoint of breeding, but beyond that, we have almost the entirety of our meda and schools discouraging intelligence.

The media drums home a narrative of obedience instead of questioning and our schools are so heavily invested in Woke orthodoxy that the very notion of meritocracy is now anathema to the system.

IQ scores in the US are on the wane for the first time ever — and experts are saying that technology is to blame.

A report from 2023 revealed the depressing reality — that the average intelligence test score fell from 100 to 98, a dismal, two point decline after a previously uninterrupted 30 point rise that began in 1905.

Test-takers are quizzed on matters of logic, spatial reasoning, visual and mathematical problem-solving and vocabulary. Scores have only been tracked since the beginning of the 20th century.

Now, experts theorize that the problem dates back to the millennium, when Americans began relying more heavily on tech in their daily lives — a reliance that has only grown.

“I do suspect that increased technology use could be playing a role in impacting our nation’s overall literacy levels,” Dr. Stefan Dombrowski, a psychology professor at Rider University, told the Daily Mail.

“It is well known that people who read and write more, generally score higher on IQ tests — of course, this is a chicken/egg scenario,” he explained.

“Do these individuals engage in reading and writing activities more frequently because they are brighter, or do they become brighter…on IQ tests because they read more?”

By state:

Virginia is coming in at 11th (101.2) and tied with five other states.....I'll take it. ;)

The movie Idiocracy was not supposed to be a factual prediction. :eusa_wall:

Intelligent people don't want to have children meanwhile we allow low IQ people to flood into our country from third world shitholes and the first thing we do is give them a smartphone.

Add to that we have supported lazy (and low IQ) people for generations that choose not to work with SNAP and EBT encouraging them to have more children.
I was going to start a thread on this

Hey Louisiana. How about you stop worrying about the 10 commandments and do better than 49th

I thought Florida was good in education. 38th in iq

Michigan only 27 but we have Detroiters

Think of dumb ass Louisiana. 49th in iq and worrying about the 10 commandments. Most of them can’t even name them. And aren’t those Jewish?
Tell me you feel threatened without saying I'm terrified...

Negative....People are so stupid now they can't even properly form a question to ask their smartphone for an answer.
You saw Louisiana wants the 10 commandments posted in every classroom? How about you scored 49 out of 50 for the dumbest states. Focus on education not the Bible

You saw Louisiana wants the 10 commandments posted in every classroom? How about you scored 49 out of 50 for the dumbest states. Focus on education not the Bible

Louisiana has its educational priorities

A dumbed down generation raised with smart phones.
And reality TV. And podcasts. We get our covid facts from Bill Maher and our news from The Daily Show.

Trump literally used the Apprentice to win. People love him. He can do no wrong. Even when he does wrong.

I don't think America is much better or different than Germany 1939.

Louisiana has its educational priorities

Black residents in a small Alabama town will be able to vote in their own municipal elections for the first time in decades after a four-year legal battle.
A proposed settlement has been reached in the town’s voting rights case, allowing Newbern, a predominantly Black town with 133 residents, to hold its first legitimate elections in more than 60 years. The town’s next elections will be held in 2025.

Yall can vote. Next year. LOL.

Alabama, 45 ranking dumbest states. Only 5 dumber states.

The bottom 10. If we kick out the highly populated states of California and Texas, it will help the nation's over-all average.

1719341058893.png

IQ scores in the US are on the wane for the first time ever — and experts are saying that technology is to blame.

A report from 2023 revealed the depressing reality — that the average intelligence test score fell from 100 to 98, a dismal, two point decline after a previously uninterrupted 30 point rise that began in 1905.

Test-takers are quizzed on matters of logic, spatial reasoning, visual and mathematical problem-solving and vocabulary. Scores have only been tracked since the beginning of the 20th century.

Now, experts theorize that the problem dates back to the millennium, when Americans began relying more heavily on tech in their daily lives — a reliance that has only grown.

“I do suspect that increased technology use could be playing a role in impacting our nation’s overall literacy levels,” Dr. Stefan Dombrowski, a psychology professor at Rider University, told the Daily Mail.

“It is well known that people who read and write more, generally score higher on IQ tests — of course, this is a chicken/egg scenario,” he explained.

“Do these individuals engage in reading and writing activities more frequently because they are brighter, or do they become brighter…on IQ tests because they read more?”

By state:

Virginia is coming in at 11th (101.2) and tied with five other states.....I'll take it. ;)

The movie Idiocracy was not supposed to be a factual prediction. :eusa_wall:

Intelligent people don't want to have children meanwhile we allow low IQ people to flood into our country from third world shitholes and the first thing we do is give them a smartphone.

Add to that we have supported lazy (and low IQ) people for generations that choose not to work with SNAP and EBT encouraging them to have more children.
Obviously New Hampshire is where all the English immigrants live.

If the IQ trend is accurately reported, it is ALL demographic. White middle-class people increasingly shun having kids, and even the ones who do have kids only have one or two. "Disadvantaged Minorities," have kids at a higher rate, as do third-world immigrants, legal and otherwise. And there is your explanation for a decreasing AVERAGE IQ.

Interestingly, White middle-class families probably have increasing IQ's due to a sociological development of the past couple generations. In the 50's and 60's, the young man would go away to college (only 25% were smart enough to do that) then they would come back home and marry their High School Sweetheart, a young woman of merely average intelligence. Thus their offspring were average intelligence or slightly higher.

Now college graduates marry other college grads. People with advanced degrees marry others with advanced degrees, so THEIR children tend to have much higher than average IQ's.

Forum List

Back