As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

Right now if you worked with or went to school with someone you thought was a actual danger to themselves or others what would you do? Probably nothing. I am speaking generally, none of us would do anything. Is there anything to be done?

The problem is, how do you really know? There are people who seem unstable to me, but unless they do something, what is it anyone can really do?

batviolence.jpg

Yes, but there have been no mass shootings, which was my point. How many mass shootings has America had this year alone?

Mass shootings happen in all sorts of countries, regardless of gun laws. And as you admit yourself, it's perfectly possible in Australia too since outlawing guns doesn't mean gun crime suddenly disappears.

This doesn't mean I don't favour gun regulation (I do actually) but that is mainly because I believe it's a good way to prevent accidents and shootings in domestic context. Gun regulation will never stop people determined to shoot other people.

The least that you could do, though, is to make it harder to get a gun. Make people go through a training program to learn how to shoot a gun and care for it before they take it home. Make them wait a couple of weeks for the gun instead of what they currently wait.
If the guns have to be registered, anyone arrested for a criminal offense should have the gun taken from them, to be given back only when they have been acquitted.

That would piss a lot of people off, but it would be a start.

I believe a training program should be mandatory for everybody, even those who don't have guns...when I was kid, all kids learned about guns, from an early age...today, we have too many people like you who think guns are bad and as a consequence we have kids that are so stupid they'll pick up a gun and aim it at their brother/sister/friend and kill them, not realizing the danger.

From the time I learned to talk I was taught you never point a gun at someone unless you intend to kill them...and I didn't have a gun...my brother did, my father did, but us girls didn't, yet we were still taught simple gun safety.

Right now if you worked with or went to school with someone you thought was a actual danger to themselves or others what would you do? Probably nothing. I am speaking generally, none of us would do anything. Is there anything to be done?

The problem is, how do you really know? There are people who seem unstable to me, but unless they do something, what is it anyone can really do?

your not a mental health expert.

I bet his family tried to do something.

his mother seemed to know he was going to hurt someone from her initial reaction

I just heard one of the people in the theater report that while the shooter, James, was reloaded some people were trying to help one of the victims out.

Yes, but there have been no mass shootings, which was my point. How many mass shootings has America had this year alone?

Let's not forget that Australia has a population of 22 million, whereas the United States boasts a comparatively vast population of over 300 million. Regardless of the weapons available, the consequence of living in a much denser population results in a higher probability of falling victim to one of the many head cases that live along side you.

This is true, and I do acknowledge this fact. But - having to hear on the news about yet another mass shooting in the US makes me wonder about how easy it is to get a gun. And I really do believe that banning guns would eventually show a reduction in the number of mass shootings, the problem is, no one seems interested enough to even give it a go.

Because we know better.

I'd say a Repub, uses drugs, from good church going familly, Get a Rush as he bow down in front of rush to take that "EIB" mic in the ass. Guns don't kill! My hate for Pres. Obama make me use the gun to get a
holy message out by repubs.. Make my facts up on any issue that I can't win on, lie is the GOP standards and here is the new poster boy...

Last edited:
Guns are not allowed here, so obviously not. If you were caught with a weapon though, you'd be up on charges.

I don't think anyone should take a weapon into a place like a theatre - is there any need to?

I don't think anyone should take a weapon into a place like a theatre - is there any need to?
10 families might argue with you on that.

They are entitled to argue - they have lost loved ones in the most horrific way. I feel for them, I really do.
I believe that if the gunman couldn't get a gun in the first place, fourteen people might still be alive.

And you think making them illegal would have prevented that guy from getting a gun....????

Well...the state controlled militia comprised of legally armed citizens certainly failed to protect the people ONCE AGAIN, didn't it?

Odd how this keeps happening, isn't it?

All these second amendment legally armed for state militia protection citizens and what happened?

14 dead, 50 wounded.

They weren't allowed to carry their guns into the theater...when guns are outlawed only outlaws have guns, remember???

I'd say a Repub, uses drugs, from good church going familly, Get a Rush as he bow down in front of rush to take that "EIB" mic in the ass. Guns don't kill! My hate for Pres. Obama make me use the gun to get a
holy message out by repubs.. Make my facts up on any issue that I can't win on, lie is the GOP standards and here is the new poster boy...

Stupid leftist makes stupid post...

So rat, when are you going to take your automatic weapon into the local mall or movie theater and shoot you some libruls!

Wouldnt you just love to do that?

No, and the honest, law abiding people didn't take their guns or they could have stopped the ahole.

Maybe. but in a theater with the film running, where very convincing gun shots are part of the soundtrack, I'm not convinced.

Also despite what John Wayne might portry a handgun is rather hard to shoot straight, the smaller the harder. In a high stress, fast moving situation you are more likely to add to the victim count as to be the hero. OK, living with that anyone?

Forum List

Back