As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

Bottom line:

The guy abviously wasn't right in the melon.

Period.

To blame Hollywood or anything else is just silly. Billions watch movies, television, the news, and billions don't act out on what they see.

Exactly! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

how to kill he may have been inspired to .

the Mental illness is why.

we need to have better mental health care in this country

I've been reading this thread for like an hour, finally caught up. Was just going to work today but about an hour and a half ago glanced at the news.

First and foremost, my heart goes out to everyone whose life will never be the same and that this day will be forever the anniversary of sometime terrible.

Last edited:
Holmes might be the same kind of pothead Jared Loughner is! They even kind of look alike.

I mentioned that the shooting was a reenactment from the film "The Dark Knight Rises." What I hadn't mentioned is that it's part of a "Occupy" on steroids event where the "poor" of Gotham are taking revenge on the wealthy.

This kid may well have been like Loughner and playing out a leftist, OWS type fantasy.

only nutters are effected by the society arround them.

It sounds like his mother new he was a timebomb.

our system doesnt take care of these people like they need to be taken care of

Well GUESS WHAT!

DO YOU KNOW WHO WE CAN THANK FOR THAT??????

That's right! LIBERALS!!!!!!

It was this big "new understanding" of the mentally ill in the 60s, they stopped committing them, because that's cruel.

So, what is better is to leave them out in society until they go off like Hinkley or this nut case!

I used to not even have a gun. I didn't like guns. Then on a very sunny Sunday afternoon, I went to the grocery store intending to buy kitty litter. As I exited the car a young hispanic man approached me, gun drawn, pointed to the gun to my head and demanded my car keys.

I actually stopped thinking.

I am not like you. For one thing, I am meaner than old dinosaur bones so I fought with him. It was completely instinctive. We fought until the key ring broke and he got the key. You will do whatever you would instinctively do and no amount of planning will change that. If you really are PLANNING to go all zombie chimp, I hope you are already training for it so that zombie chimp will be your instinctive, trained, reaction. Otherwise, you will just pee your pants.

Now I carry all the time. I won't take the dog for a walk without snuffy in my pocket. It is actually safer because had the jacker's gun gone off in the struggle, not only could I have been killed, but anyone in the parking lot was at risk as well as people across the street. Had I a gun, I would have just taken him out right away.

dude in that situation I would NOT fight back.

a car is worth no ones life.

Im talking being in a place where the person is just pooping people off and Im either next or have to watch him kill a child.

chimp zombie all the way

The lastest is that Holmes may have been targeting military personnel in the theater. They are trained and they did nothing but try to get away like everyone else.

Do, you have a link to that?

There was nothing about a booby trapped apartment in the movie.

It took a long time to do that, and a lot of planning and know how.

OH BS!

I said the same stupid things when I was younger.

But trust me. When faced with the real life situation, YOU WILL FIGHT BACK!

I learned that when someone tried to break into my house when I was alone.

You will fight back, and I did!

I will admit, the one time someone tried to rob me, I did fight back. But they didn't have a gun, if they did, it may have been very different.

dude in that situation I would NOT fight back.

a car is worth no ones life.

Im talking being in a place where the person is just pooping people off and Im either next or have to watch him kill a child.

chimp zombie all the way

OH BS!

I would hand over the keys , a car is not worth my life or someone arround me life

Yeah, you say that, until you are faced with the situation.

There was nothing about a booby trapped apartment in the movie.

It took a long time to do that, and a lot of planning and know how.

True, he was a sicko independent of the influence the film had on him. He probably would have acted out anyway. BUT, there can be no doubt that the way he did this is directly tied to the film, he followed the script to the letter.

Bottom line:

Period.

To blame Hollywood or anything else is just silly. Billions watch movies, television, the news, and billions don't act out on what they see.

If a person doesn't think he's mentally ill, how do you make them go?

Once, upon a time, we could MAKE them go.

Guess WHAT changed that? LIBERALS and their "well intended" policies.

And as usual, "well intended" liberals don't care about the results, only the vain ego of their "good intentions!"

And as usual, "well intended" liberals don't care about the results, only the vain ego of their "good intentions!"

prove it

OH BS!

I will admit, the one time someone tried to rob me, I did fight back. But they didn't have a gun, if they did, it may have been very different.

Someone mugged me once. I chased the SOB down and got the license plate number of his get away car! :D

prove it

The proof is today! The guy was running around!

The story is always the same. Same with Hinkley. The parents beg to have the kid committed for his own good and the authorities won't do it.

Bottom line:

Period.

Goddam, after reading your post I believe you may have a point.

Forum List

Back