As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

I am going to turn this into a political issue. Today is a 'state of the nation' speech. If I could, if any of us could, this would never happen again but unfortunately it very well might, and maybe worse.

What do we do about it? Which way do we go? Ban guns? More mental health? TSA on random patrol? Censor movies?

What has worked and what has not? The President of the the United States of America has responsibilities. What are those responsiblities, how far do they extend?

We have an election and this is what matters.

At this point, I would like to thank Mitt Romney for the beautiful and sincere statement he made concerning this tragedy. And especially appreciate the statement which did not contain the words, I, me, or mine.

what a handsome young man.

how sad he didnt get the treatment he needed instead iof being ignored util his illness caused this

The university confirms that he was a doctoral candidate in the neuroscience program there
If he had a mental problem, he would be in the right place for someone to notice:eusa_whistle:

how to kill he may have been inspired to .

the Mental illness is why.

we need to have better mental health care in this country

If a person doesn't think he's mentally ill, how do you make them go?

Once, upon a time, we could MAKE them go.

Guess WHAT changed that? LIBERALS and their "well intended" policies.

And as usual, "well intended" liberals don't care about the results, only the vain ego of their "good intentions!"

Um....Reagan was a Liberal?

Ronald Reagan and the Commitment of the Mentally Ill: <br>Capital, Interest Groups, and the Eclipse of Social Policy

how sad he didnt get the treatment he needed instead iof being ignored util his illness caused this

The university confirms that he was a doctoral candidate in the neuroscience program there
If he had a mental problem, he would be in the right place for someone to notice:eusa_whistle:

I'm gonna guess schizo....tho I am NOT a doctor.

I don't think so. The biggest nutjobs gravitate to Psychiatry and Neuroscience. I honestly think that the knowledge their own brains don't work right drives them to study the brain.

Right now if you worked with or went to school with someone you thought was a actual danger to themselves or others what would you do? Probably nothing. I am speaking generally, none of us would do anything. Is there anything to be done?

Even if someone did notice, what could they do about it? How many students and teachers knew that Jared Loughner was and insane pot user? They were all afraid to say anything because they would have been punished themselves. If anyone had said anything they would have been sued into the next century.

Even if someone did notice, what could they do about it? How many students and teachers knew that Jared Loughner was and insane pot user? They were all afraid to say anything because they would have been punished themselves. If anyone had said anything they would have been sued into the next century.

are you ignoring the facts in the case where everyone was saying he was unbalenced which got him banned from campus?

The President's speech this morning was very good, he was consoling and helpful in a time of mourning, he today was a united.

If that was the case, then how in hell was this guy able to even get into the theatre with a gun? Don't they check people before they go in?

Do you have metal-detectors in cinema's in Australia? are you frisked before you enter a theatre?

Guns are not allowed here, so obviously not. If you were caught with a weapon though, you'd be up on charges.

I don't think anyone should take a weapon into a place like a theatre - is there any need to?

Apparently there was a need in Co. If the law abiding citizens had guns, less people would have died.

"Salina Jordan, 19, who was in Theater 8, told the Post she saw one girl struck in the cheek and others in the stomach, including a girl who looked to be around 9 years old."

who takes a little child into a midnight premiere of such a movie?

You'd be surprised...our Winco is open all night and I stupidly thought to go shopping at 10pm at night, thinking all the kids would be home in bed...turns out a lot of people don't have bedtimes for their kids anymore. There should be lessons in parenting....

Forum List

Back