As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

The University of Colorado has released an image of the suspected shooter, James Holmes. The university confirms that he was a doctoral candidate in the neuroscience program there. He enrolled at the school in June 2011 and was in the process of withdrawing, the school says.
120720041317-co-shooter-mugshot-james-holmes-story-top.jpg

This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

If only the wealthy paid their fair share, shameful, resentful, losers with psychiatric problems could get all the taxpayer sponsored medical care they need.........

what a handsome young man.

how sad he didnt get the treatment he needed instead iof being ignored util his illness caused this

I dont think i could live with myself anyway if I just sat and watched people be picked off like that

Im starting the chimp zombie movement.

I used to not even have a gun. I didn't like guns. Then on a very sunny Sunday afternoon, I went to the grocery store intending to buy kitty litter. As I exited the car a young hispanic man approached me, gun drawn, pointed to the gun to my head and demanded my car keys.

I actually stopped thinking.

I am not like you. For one thing, I am meaner than old dinosaur bones so I fought with him. It was completely instinctive. We fought until the key ring broke and he got the key. You will do whatever you would instinctively do and no amount of planning will change that. If you really are PLANNING to go all zombie chimp, I hope you are already training for it so that zombie chimp will be your instinctive, trained, reaction. Otherwise, you will just pee your pants.

Now I carry all the time. I won't take the dog for a walk without snuffy in my pocket. It is actually safer because had the jacker's gun gone off in the struggle, not only could I have been killed, but anyone in the parking lot was at risk as well as people across the street. Had I a gun, I would have just taken him out right away.

dude in that situation I would NOT fight back.

a car is worth no ones life.

Im talking being in a place where the person is just pooping people off and Im either next or have to watch him kill a child.

chimp zombie all the way

OH BS!

I said the same stupid things when I was younger.

But trust me. When faced with the real life situation, YOU WILL FIGHT BACK!

I learned that when someone tried to break into my house when I was alone.

You will fight back, and I did!

same with the kid in Arizona who killed a child and shit gabby

Holmes might be the same kind of pothead Jared Loughner is! They even kind of look alike.

yes mentally ill.

the early twenties is a big onset time period in peoples lives.

they can be all normal and as adulthood kicks in ( the experts say 25 in when you brain in done) something goes wrong in the chemical balence of the brain.

Its a health issue we dont deal with well in this country

Censorship of Hollywood isn't the answer either; TV news and TV shows may also contribute to events as transpired today. Of course we don't know if the gunman saw the movie and was acting out the scene as you suggest or some other factor(s) coalesced in his mind which motivated him to kill innocents.

The fact is he could not have killed and wounded so many without an instrument; using a gun seems more personal than a bomb or arson or even driving a car into the theater lobby, so to dismiss firearms so casually and blame it on Hollywood is absurd.

Did it EVER occur to you, that with Conceal carry (like we have in Ohio) people might have been able to SHOOT BACK, instead of just being ducks in a shooting gallery?

No, of course, that never occured to you!

I used to not even have a gun. I didn't like guns. Then on a very sunny Sunday afternoon, I went to the grocery store intending to buy kitty litter. As I exited the car a young hispanic man approached me, gun drawn, pointed to the gun to my head and demanded my car keys.

I actually stopped thinking.

I am not like you. For one thing, I am meaner than old dinosaur bones so I fought with him. It was completely instinctive. We fought until the key ring broke and he got the key. You will do whatever you would instinctively do and no amount of planning will change that. If you really are PLANNING to go all zombie chimp, I hope you are already training for it so that zombie chimp will be your instinctive, trained, reaction. Otherwise, you will just pee your pants.

Now I carry all the time. I won't take the dog for a walk without snuffy in my pocket. It is actually safer because had the jacker's gun gone off in the struggle, not only could I have been killed, but anyone in the parking lot was at risk as well as people across the street. Had I a gun, I would have just taken him out right away.

dude in that situation I would NOT fight back.

a car is worth no ones life.

Im talking being in a place where the person is just pooping people off and Im either next or have to watch him kill a child.

chimp zombie all the way

OH BS!

I said the same stupid things when I was younger.

But trust me. When faced with the real life situation, YOU WILL FIGHT BACK!

I learned that when someone tried to break into my house when I was alone.

You will fight back, and I did!

I would hand over the keys , a car is not worth my life or someone arround me life

Censorship of Hollywood isn't the answer either; TV news and TV shows may also contribute to events as transpired today. Of course we don't know if the gunman saw the movie and was acting out the scene as you suggest or some other factor(s) coalesced in his mind which motivated him to kill innocents.

The fact is he could not have killed and wounded so many without an instrument; using a gun seems more personal than a bomb or arson or even driving a car into the theater lobby, so to dismiss firearms so casually and blame it on Hollywood is absurd.

Had he used a bomb, far more would have died.

But, the bomb didn't match the movie. Once you've seen the film, you'll understand. This is no coincidence or random event, the gunman was directly acting out a specific scene from that film.

How could he?

The film wasn't available to the regular public until midnight! That was the first showing!

No way, he knew in advance what the scenes were!

ABC News has suggested that James Holmes -- the suspect in today's shooting in Aurora, Colorado --*may have a connection to the Tea Party.

ABC's Brian Ross reported this morning that there is "a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site... talking about him joining the Tea Party last year."

"Now, we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes," Ross cautioned "but it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado."

(PHOTOS: Colorado theater shooting)

ABC News is the only network or cable news channel to suggest a possible Tea Party connection, according to a survey of the TV Eyes database at 9:30 a.m. ET, though they did not verify that the two individuals were one and the same. (This is the*Tea Party Patriots page*on which Ross based his report.)

The report has already set off alarm bells on the right. At Brietbart.com, the conservative news site, Joel Pollak has accused ABC News of "scapegoating."

"How interesting that Ross and ABC News should think to look to the Tea Party website first--and to broadcast politically volatile information without verifying if that 'Jim Holmes' is the same as the suspect," Pollak writes. "Look for more scapegoating from the mainstream media and the Democrats in the hours and days to follow."

Obama Administration lackeys at work.

Aurora shooting: ABC News draws possible Jim Holmes Tea Party connection - POLITICO.com

I saw George Stephanopolous suggest that this morning at 8:a.m, the jerk!

No, political agenda there! :hmpf:

Forum List

Back