As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

Credit to Obama for canceling his campaign event.

Only because he could give a statement to the nation about the shooting and make it all about him.

He traded a single event for national television. He might think the shooter did it all for him.

Im starting the chimp zombie movement.

I used to not even have a gun. I didn't like guns. Then on a very sunny Sunday afternoon, I went to the grocery store intending to buy kitty litter. As I exited the car a young hispanic man approached me, gun drawn, pointed to the gun to my head and demanded my car keys.

I actually stopped thinking.

I am not like you. For one thing, I am meaner than old dinosaur bones so I fought with him. It was completely instinctive. We fought until the key ring broke and he got the key. You will do whatever you would instinctively do and no amount of planning will change that. If you really are PLANNING to go all zombie chimp, I hope you are already training for it so that zombie chimp will be your instinctive, trained, reaction. Otherwise, you will just pee your pants.

Now I carry all the time. I won't take the dog for a walk without snuffy in my pocket. It is actually safer because had the jacker's gun gone off in the struggle, not only could I have been killed, but anyone in the parking lot was at risk as well as people across the street. Had I a gun, I would have just taken him out right away.

yes and you had a delusion while you watched him that he was the antichrist and ate your last cookie

Censorship of Hollywood isn't the answer either; TV news and TV shows may also contribute to events as transpired today. Of course we don't know if the gunman saw the movie and was acting out the scene as you suggest or some other factor(s) coalesced in his mind which motivated him to kill innocents.

The fact is he could not have killed and wounded so many without an instrument; using a gun seems more personal than a bomb or arson or even driving a car into the theater lobby, so to dismiss firearms so casually and blame it on Hollywood is absurd.

I used to not even have a gun. I didn't like guns. Then on a very sunny Sunday afternoon, I went to the grocery store intending to buy kitty litter. As I exited the car a young hispanic man approached me, gun drawn, pointed to the gun to my head and demanded my car keys.

I am not like you. For one thing, I am meaner than old dinosaur bones so I fought with him. It was completely instinctive. We fought until the key ring broke and he got the key. You will do whatever you would instinctively do and no amount of planning will change that. If you really are PLANNING to go all zombie chimp, I hope you are already training for it so that zombie chimp will be your instinctive, trained, reaction. Otherwise, you will just pee your pants.

Now I carry all the time. I won't take the dog for a walk without snuffy in my pocket. It is actually safer because had the jacker's gun gone off in the struggle, not only could I have been killed, but anyone in the parking lot was at risk as well as people across the street. Had I a gun, I would have just taken him out right away.

dude in that situation I would NOT fight back.

a car is worth no ones life.

Im talking being in a place where the person is just pooping people off and Im either next or have to watch him kill a child.

chimp zombie all the way

A total ban on guns is not the answer, American citizens have the right to bear arms. Until a reasoned argument on how guns can be controlled, and that means keeping them out of the hands of the mentally ill, as well as others with malicious intent, criminals, domestic abusers, alcoholics and drug addicts, political fanatics, etc. we will continue to see events such as the one which occurred today.

Most mass killings involve firearms - even the most vigilant defender of the Second Amendment knows this to be fact. That the NRA and others refuse to even discuss means to limit the violence which kills innocents is tantamount to Russian's response to Syria: EVIL.

Guns are not the motivating factor here, Hollywood is.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/235557-reality-imitating-art.html

Censorship of Hollywood isn't the answer either; TV news and TV shows may also contribute to events as transpired today. Of course we don't know if the gunman saw the movie and was acting out the scene as you suggest or some other factor(s) coalesced in his mind which motivated him to kill innocents.

The fact is he could not have killed and wounded so many without an instrument; using a gun seems more personal than a bomb or arson or even driving a car into the theater lobby, so to dismiss firearms so casually and blame it on Hollywood is absurd.

Had he used a bomb, far more would have died.

But, the bomb didn't match the movie. Once you've seen the film, you'll understand. This is no coincidence or random event, the gunman was directly acting out a specific scene from that film.

Bottom line:

The guy abviously wasn't right in the melon.

Period.

To blame Hollywood or anything else is just silly. Billions watch movies, television, the news, and billions don't act out on what they see.

ABC News has suggested that James Holmes -- the suspect in today's shooting in Aurora, Colorado --*may have a connection to the Tea Party.

ABC's Brian Ross reported this morning that there is "a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site... talking about him joining the Tea Party last year."

"Now, we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes," Ross cautioned "but it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado."

(PHOTOS: Colorado theater shooting)

ABC News is the only network or cable news channel to suggest a possible Tea Party connection, according to a survey of the TV Eyes database at 9:30 a.m. ET, though they did not verify that the two individuals were one and the same. (This is the*Tea Party Patriots page*on which Ross based his report.)

The report has already set off alarm bells on the right. At Brietbart.com, the conservative news site, Joel Pollak has accused ABC News of "scapegoating."

"How interesting that Ross and ABC News should think to look to the Tea Party website first--and to broadcast politically volatile information without verifying if that 'Jim Holmes' is the same as the suspect," Pollak writes. "Look for more scapegoating from the mainstream media and the Democrats in the hours and days to follow."

Obama Administration lackeys at work.

Aurora shooting: ABC News draws possible Jim Holmes Tea Party connection - POLITICO.com

only nutters are effected by the society arround them.

It sounds like his mother new he was a timebomb.

our system doesnt take care of these people like they need to be taken care of

dude in that situation I would NOT fight back.

a car is worth no ones life.

Im talking being in a place where the person is just pooping people off and Im either next or have to watch him kill a child.

chimp zombie all the way

The lastest is that Holmes may have been targeting military personnel in the theater. They are trained and they did nothing but try to get away like everyone else.

Forum List

Back