As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

Newpolitics used the term cost benefit analysis. Unless you want to fracking defend his position stay the frack out of a conversation you are not paying attention to.

More people die as a result of car accidents than gun violence. Do you know of anyone that has ever called for a ban of cars as a result of someone doing something stupid with them? Does anyone demand that the government do background checks on drivers every time someone runs a red light and kills a child? Does anyone demand that they keep crazy people from buying a car?

Until you are willing to treat cars like guns you have no business discussing the issues here. I want everyone to be able to buy a gun as easily as they buy a car.

Cars don't kill people in one mass killing by the hands of a gunman armed to the teeth, so you are a complete moron to even equate the two in the same conversation...Just saying!

Oh and I will jump into any conversation I choose to, and I will respond to anyone who makes a post directed at me.... Don't ever suggest anyone excuse themselves from a conversation on this site, because who are you to make such a request in the first place ?

You are absolutely right, cars don't kill people, idiot drivers do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxO4419tYsg]psycho plows through crowd - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_HWw8ifZcY]Driver runs over several cyclists ( Warning ) - YouTube[/ame]
Are we talking about cars here or guns in the hands of killers who wish to do mass murder with guns or weapons of this nature ? We can cover cars just as well, but right now it is a distraction or tactic in which is now being used by you in order to skate the gun problem that is being talked about in light of the killing at the theater.... How about keeping it on topic... B/

The best smart technology to emplore first on weapons, would be a tracking device built into it, that is linked to a super computer back at central dispatch in all major cities (just like the ON-Star system that is in GM vehicles now). The device would alert dispatch by way of a flag being lit up red up on a screen once the gun is discharged. At the same time GPS would be activated giving the exact location of the address and person that discharged the weapon or gun.

All registered weapons would be brought to a designated location for GPS to be mounted on board the weapon free, and all confiscated weapons found in crimes or picked up off of the street will be introduced to the technology as well, and then re-sold to responsible gun owners with the new technology on board. The stock could be where the batteries will go that will operate the new technology (keeping the gun on line). These batteries would be kept current just like the batteries in ones smoke alarm or security system. If a gun goes off grid due to low batteries and such, then a call will be generated by dispatch, in order to find out what has happend to it.

Gun ranges and other authorized locations for shooting weapons could be listed on screen, and this would be in order that these locations would be accepted as proper locations for the guns to be used without prompting a response by dispatch once see the location of the gun being fired or a gun owner could simply call in the location prior to use. A temporary number/permit could be assigned to him or her for the location whether it is for hunting, skeet or target practice, where as a registration would be looked up and the authorization would be granted for that location if everything checks out properly.

If a gun is stolen, immediately it would be located by dispatch, where next an alert would be sounded to police in the area of the weapon's location.

If the tracking device is attemped to be removed without a proper tool or athorized method, the gun would be rendered non-usable or non-operational due to this attempt.

These are win win situations for legal responsible gun owners and law enforcement in battling this kind of epidemic going on in this nation now.

Yeah, I want the government to know I have guns and exactly where they are so that when they come for me, they can take me without a fight....

Cars don't kill people in one mass killing by the hands of a gunman armed to the teeth, so you are a complete moron to even equate the two in the same conversation...Just saying!

Oh and I will jump into any conversation I choose to, and I will respond to anyone who makes a post directed at me.... Don't ever suggest anyone excuse themselves from a conversation on this site, because who are you to make such a request in the first place ?

I'm more apt to listen to him over your nonsensical ramblings.

We live in a free society, as such we have responsibilities to others, it also has risks, are we willing to give up rights and liberty to falsely reduce risk?
I don't know, why don't you ask the families of the victims at that theater what they might think of your attitude on this.

The will all have different opinions based on their life experiences and are not on this forum, I bet you could answer the question though.

The best smart technology to emplore first on weapons, would be a tracking device built into it, that is linked to a super computer back at central dispatch in all major cities (just like the ON-Star system that is in GM vehicles now). The device would alert dispatch by way of a flag being lit up red up on a screen once the gun is discharged. At the same time GPS would be activated giving the exact location of the address and person that discharged the weapon or gun.

All registered weapons would be brought to a designated location for GPS to be mounted on board the weapon free, and all confiscated weapons found in crimes or picked up off of the street will be introduced to the technology as well, and then re-sold to responsible gun owners with the new technology on board. The stock could be where the batteries will go that will operate the new technology (keeping the gun on line). These batteries would be kept current just like the batteries in ones smoke alarm or security system. If a gun goes off grid due to low batteries and such, then a call will be generated by dispatch, in order to find out what has happend to it.

Gun ranges and other authorized locations for shooting weapons could be listed on screen, and this would be in order that these locations would be accepted as proper locations for the guns to be used without prompting a response by dispatch once see the location of the gun being fired or a gun owner could simply call in the location prior to use. A temporary number/permit could be assigned to him or her for the location whether it is for hunting, skeet or target practice, where as a registration would be looked up and the authorization would be granted for that location if everything checks out properly.

If a gun is stolen, immediately it would be located by dispatch, where next an alert would be sounded to police in the area of the weapon's location.

If the tracking device is attemped to be removed without a proper tool or athorized method, the gun would be rendered non-usable or non-operational due to this attempt.

These are win win situations for legal responsible gun owners and law enforcement in battling this kind of epidemic going on in this nation now.

Yeah, I want the government to know I have guns and exactly where they are so that when they come for me, they can take me without a fight....
Is that what is going to happen in the near future in America, our government will soon be coming to get all of us next (the responsible gun owners), where as there will then be a huge fight that will soon follow in this attempt ? How about if we the people run this system ourselves, instead of the government ? This system could be great just like the independent run "ON STAR SYSTEM" is by GM or other security systems operated by private enterprize for our safety and security in our neighborhoods or for our personal affects and property, and this in order to protect our familes and our ownership of these weapons from theft, thieves, killers and so on and so forth ? If the government asked us to create and run such a system in which they would help fund if we needed, would that be ok ?

You are absolutely right, cars don't kill people, idiot drivers do.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxO4419tYsg"]psycho plows through crowd - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_HWw8ifZcY"]Driver runs over several cyclists ( Warning ) - YouTube[/ame]
Are we talking about cars here or guns in the hands of killers who wish to do mass murder with guns or weapons of this nature ? We can cover cars just as well, but right now it is a distraction or tactic in which is now being used by you in order to skate the gun problem that is being talked about in light of the killing at the theater.... How about keeping it on topic... B/

I am talking about idiots that think guns kill people, but ignore the fact that more people die in car crashes.

Last edited:
6yr-old Killed in Colorado Shooting in ICU.

One good thing from this shooting is a 6yr-old was killed and spared being raised by a mom who would take a little girl to a midnight showing of a PG-13 movie. I bet the shooter's mom took him to PG-13 movies when he was 6.

I'm more apt to listen to him over your nonsensical ramblings.

We live in a free society, as such we have responsibilities to others, it also has risks, are we willing to give up rights and liberty to falsely reduce risk?
I don't know, why don't you ask the families of the victims at that theater what they might think of your attitude on this.

The will all have different opinions based on their life experiences and are not on this forum, I bet you could answer the question though.
Ok, we don't have to give up anything, but there is nothing wrong with improving all of Americans lives in this nation, be it in anyway that we can, and that is what God gave us a mind for, but some people are stuck in a rut, and want the status quoe to prevail no matter what fault in which the status quoe has, because it has not kept pace with the times and the people who now live in this nation in and amongst us. Are you willing to be backed up all the way to your property lines in America, in which will be the only America that you will have left (or) are you willing to work for all of America staying safe free and the best place in the world in which to live, by putting your head to work in order to solve problems before they come to you last refuge in America (your own doorstep)???

I am talking about idiots that think guns kill people, but ignore the fact that more people die in car crashes.
Apples and Oranges here, right now we are talking about guns not cars...

Some of the posts on here are quite frankly.... frightening.
"Cars, Machetes, Rat Poison all kill people too".
I enjoy people's opinions but instead we have people pointing out other ways to kill people, and how No Guns in other countries still results in deaths - all to Win An Argument.

The hypothetical scenarios to defend gun use... predictable.

The Romney versus Obama versus Left versus Right debates.. tedious.

When you strip back all the nonsense and self entitlement and 'maybe' scenarios on here, you're faced with a real easy question... yet one that forces America to stop pointing fingers at everyone and everything else, look at themselves in the mirror and take some responsibility:-

WHY DOES ANYONE NEED AN AR-15 WEAPON?

Last edited:

No, we are not. You are talking about guns, I am talking about idiots.

Man, the extremist right is perhaps unsettled, one of their kind committed mass murder, and the only replies are "I'll kill anybody who takes MY guns away!" & mindless attempts at insults.
Peach, that's one of the sickest things I've ever read on a political board. Where do you get off?

A possible solution occurred to be this afternoon. It seems these guys are always loners. So why not require four friends sign your permit application and submit letters about your stability and social abilities?

Also, I'd like to see all references to the shooters name removed from the media. Fame can be one less reason to kill people.

Not comparing anything with anything, but rather adressing the ways in which to help stop a mass killing (yes the wounded are also included in the numbers as well, so it best not to try and water down the numbers with just ten killed), from being so efficient and precise by a radical killer in these ways.

Newpolitics used the term cost benefit analysis. Unless you want to fracking defend his position stay the frack out of a conversation you are not paying attention to.

To not explore ways to stop this without banning weapons or guns from responsible citizens as being the key always, is to place ones head in the sand until the day comes when the liberals finally reach their fictional blissful state of government being in total control, in which they think is somehow a good thing, in which they hope for someday to come out of all of this.

More people die as a result of car accidents than gun violence. Do you know of anyone that has ever called for a ban of cars as a result of someone doing something stupid with them? Does anyone demand that the government do background checks on drivers every time someone runs a red light and kills a child? Does anyone demand that they keep crazy people from buying a car?

Until you are willing to treat cars like guns you have no business discussing the issues here. I want everyone to be able to buy a gun as easily as they buy a car.
Hmmmm, I may need to re-clarify a statement in which I wrote or make it better understood than what I did when wrote it - It should have read "To not explore ways to stop these acts without having to ban weapons or guns from responsible citizens, should be the key and goal always to keeping our rights to bare or own firearms" - It should be interpreted in this way.... By not exploring ways to keep guns out of the hands of the bad guys or using technology to protect gun ownership for the good guy's, we will lose our ability to keep the guns in which we desire to keep eventually, by a government who would over reach it's boundaries, because we refuse to do what is needed ourselves to help in these situations or areas in which are getting out of control.

The statement above was not to ban weapons or guns from responsible citizens, but rather to help to keep our gun rights, by thinking of ways to always make them safer and more out of reach from the bad guy's. I can see how it may have been taken wrong in the way that I had wrote or phrased the statement or sentence after re-read by me, so sorry if I had created a bit of confusion yall.

Last edited:
A possible solution occurred to be this afternoon. It seems these guys are always loners. So why not require four friends sign your permit application and submit letters about your stability and social abilities?

Also, I'd like to see all references to the shooters name removed from the media. Fame can be one less reason to kill people.
Yes, anything to help, otherwise by making it maybe one step harder for these cats to do or to get away with what they do in the end.

These are the kinds of post I like, where people are thinking for and about solutions, even if they are small contributions, but are contributions none the less.

To respond - Most people can easily get friends to vouch for them in almost anything, especailly if you have never had a record or indicated signs around them that would indicate a problem.

Last edited:

Just...no. And I say that as someone whose home was burglarized 18 years ago and some guns were stolen.

I don't even like the fact that my phone can function as a tracking device. As long as I'm not breaking any laws, I don't want the government's nose up my ass.

No, we are not. You are talking about guns, I am talking about idiots.
Stay on topic or your guns might be taken away soon....They could be if solutions aren't continually looked at, just like the trigger locks and such that were placed on weapons, so that children wouldnot end up shooting themselves with a parents weapon, in which also was a serious problem not so long ago. That was a good move and everyone accepted it...

Just...no. And I say that as someone whose home was burglarized 18 years ago and some guns were stolen.

I don't even like the fact that my phone can function as a tracking device. As long as I'm not breaking any laws, I don't want the government's nose up my ass.
What about the citizens running the program then ?

Man, the extremist right is perhaps unsettled, one of their kind committed mass murder, and the only replies are "I'll kill anybody who takes MY guns away!" & mindless attempts at insults.
Peach, that's one of the sickest things I've ever read on a political board. Where do you get off?

I agree, I didn't write about guns being taken away however, others have.

Phones and guns are not the same issue, but I take your point... It shouldn't excuse you however, from having a solutional based thinking on this topic, so do you have any ideas to add that could help, or are you just concerned about yourself and your guns ?

What about the citizens running the program then ?

Oh, you mean sort of like a privately owned cell phone company?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/15/sunday-review/thats-not-my-phone-its-my-tracker.html

Get the point?

Forum List

Back