As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

The best smart technology to emplore first on weapons, would be a tracking device built into it, that is linked to a super computer back at central dispatch in all major cities (just like the ON-Star system that is in GM vehicles now). The device would alert dispatch by way of a flag being lit up red up on a screen once the gun is discharged. At the same time GPS would be activated giving the exact location of the address and person that discharged the weapon or gun.

All registered weapons would be brought to a designated location for GPS to be mounted on board the weapon free, and all confiscated weapons found in crimes or picked up off of the street will be introduced to the technology as well, and then re-sold to responsible gun owners with the new technology on board. The stock could be where the batteries will go that will operate the new technology (keeping the gun on line). These batteries would be kept current just like the batteries in ones smoke alarm or security system. If a gun goes off grid due to low batteries and such, then a call will be generated by dispatch, in order to find out what has happend to it.

Gun ranges and other authorized locations for shooting weapons could be listed on screen, and this would be in order that these locations would be accepted as proper locations for the guns to be used without prompting a response by dispatch once see the location of the gun being fired or a gun owner could simply call in the location prior to use. A temporary number/permit could be assigned to him or her for the location whether it is for hunting, skeet or target practice, where as a registration would be looked up and the authorization would be granted for that location if everything checks out properly.

If a gun is stolen, immediately it would be located by dispatch, where next an alert would be sounded to police in the area of the weapon's location.

If the tracking device is attemped to be removed without a proper tool or athorized method, the gun would be rendered non-usable or non-operational due to this attempt.

These are win win situations for legal responsible gun owners and law enforcement in battling this kind of epidemic going on in this nation now.

Just...no. And I say that as someone whose home was burglarized 18 years ago and some guns were stolen.

I don't even like the fact that my phone can function as a tracking device. As long as I'm not breaking any laws, I don't want the government's nose up my ass.
Phones and guns are not the same issue, but I take your point... It shouldn't excuse you however, from having a solutional based thinking on this topic, so do you have any ideas to add that could help, or are you just concerned about yourself and your guns ?

Today I heard someone blame movies & TV shows for the killings; anything but the guns.

The best smart technology to emplore first on weapons, would be a tracking device built into it, that is linked to a super computer back at central dispatch in all major cities (just like the ON-Star system that is in GM vehicles now). The device would alert dispatch by way of a flag being lit up red up on a screen once the gun is discharged. At the same time GPS would be activated giving the exact location of the address and person that discharged the weapon or gun.

All registered weapons would be brought to a designated location for GPS to be mounted on board the weapon free, and all confiscated weapons found in crimes or picked up off of the street will be introduced to the technology as well, and then re-sold to responsible gun owners with the new technology on board. The stock could be where the batteries will go that will operate the new technology (keeping the gun on line). These batteries would be kept current just like the batteries in ones smoke alarm or security system. If a gun goes off grid due to low batteries and such, then a call will be generated by dispatch, in order to find out what has happend to it.

Gun ranges and other authorized locations for shooting weapons could be listed on screen, and this would be in order that these locations would be accepted as proper locations for the guns to be used without prompting a response by dispatch once see the location of the gun being fired or a gun owner could simply call in the location prior to use. A temporary number/permit could be assigned to him or her for the location whether it is for hunting, skeet or target practice, where as a registration would be looked up and the authorization would be granted for that location if everything checks out properly.

If a gun is stolen, immediately it would be located by dispatch, where next an alert would be sounded to police in the area of the weapon's location.

If the tracking device is attemped to be removed without a proper tool or athorized method, the gun would be rendered non-usable or non-operational due to this attempt.

These are win win situations for legal responsible gun owners and law enforcement in battling this kind of epidemic going on in this nation now.

Just...no. And I say that as someone whose home was burglarized 18 years ago and some guns were stolen.

I don't even like the fact that my phone can function as a tracking device. As long as I'm not breaking any laws, I don't want the government's nose up my ass.
Phones and guns are not the same issue, but I take your point... It shouldn't excuse you however, from having a solutional based thinking on this topic, so do you have any ideas to add that could help, or are you just concerned about yourself and your guns ?

I have a solution. Have laws that prohibit convicted felons and anyone with a serious psychiatric history from owning guns and enter them into a database where gun shops can run a background check at the time of purchase.

Oh, wait, we're already doing that.

Today I heard someone blame movies & TV shows for the killings; anything but the guns.

I blame the shooters. Nobody is responsible for their actions but themselves.

What about the citizens running the program then ?

Oh, you mean sort of like a privately owned cell phone company?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/15/sunday-review/thats-not-my-phone-its-my-tracker.html

Get the point?
So what is it then, just let the situation remain unchanged until next it comes to a city nearest to you ?

What would you think if it was your friends and family members in that theater, especially as you would also know that this has been linked now to a pattern that has now emerged in this nation, in which is being found more and more and more as a serious situation that has been growing in America ?

What is it then, as long as it can't be seen or felt from your house, just let it be or let it go ?

Shooters can't be shooters without guns, so what solutions do you have in dealing with them not getting these guns, in so that they cannot become shooters ? Reading minds is out of the question, and background checks are also out of the question, so smart technology is the only solution I have, in which can make the gun smarter than the shooter, and this is a great thing.

What about the citizens running the program then ?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/15/sunday-review/thats-not-my-phone-its-my-tracker.html

Get the point?
So what is it then, just let the situation remain unchanged until next it comes to a city nearest to you ?

What would you think if it was your friends and family members in that theater, especially as you would also know that this has been linked now to a pattern that has now emerged in this nation, in which is being found more and more and more as a serious situation that has been growing in America ?

What is it then, as long as it can't be seen or felt from your house, just let it be or let it go ?

These kinds of things have affected my family. I had a cousin that I was close to who was murdered several years ago.

How about exercising the death penalty? Give it some bite. Don't just humanely strap them to a table, sedate them, and give them an IV injection that stops their heart. Hang them. Strap them to an electric chair and fry them. Hell, the guillotine works quite effectively.

Shooters can't be shooters without guns, so what solutions do you have in dealing with them not getting these guns, in so that they cannot become shooters ? Reading minds is out of the question, and background checks are also out of the question, so smart technology is the only solution I have, in which can make the gun smarter than the shooter, and this is a great thing.

Drunk drivers can't be drunk drivers without cars. Is it the car's fault?

You are correct, but the glorification of violence is of no assistance is turning the vulnerable away from the death course. A surprising editorial from the New York DAILY NEWS today, blaming not only Obama & Romney, but the sacred NRA as well.

Blood on hands of Obama, Mitt and NRA!   - NY Daily News

You are correct, but the glorification of violence is of no assistance is turning the vulnerable away from the death course. A surprising editorial from the New York DAILY NEWS today, blaming not only Obama & Romney, but the sacred NRA as well.

Blood on hands of Obama, Mitt and NRA! * - NY Daily News

And once again, the left-wing media blames everybody but the guy who pulled the trigger. Who gets blamed next? His mother for not breast feeding him enough when he was baby?

Get the point?

These kinds of things have affected my family. I had a cousin that I was close to who was murdered several years ago.

How about exercising the death penalty? Give it some bite. Don't just humanely strap them to a table, sedate them, and give them an IV injection that stops their heart. Hang them. Strap them to an electric chair and fry them. Hell, the guillotine works quite effectively.
Yes, I've said that we need to get tougher on crime by way of the death penalty for sure, even to reinstate it where it has been taken away. This would defintely be an eye opener for those who think we are soft on crime, even crimes that are horrific sadly enough, it seems that the left has sympothy for the devil shockingly. It is a grave problem in this nation as well, where we somehow think that we are punishing these perps by placing them in prison afterwards, where as they can develope a whole new life for themselves in that situation again, complete with friends and supporters and even access to the internet in some cases, but for their victims all they remember before their death was complete terror and then death at the hands of these punks and cowards in life. I agree, but until we have enough people on our side again, other avenues must be explored as well..

The guns don't kill anyone.
The bloody idiots who feel the need to be tooled up kill people.

Private gun ownership is a relic from the wild west and should be stopped right now.
The very fact that this madman can legal buy the guns he used to kill is proof enough.

The gun lobby claim gun crime won't stop if you take guns away from the US public.
This is true but it'll stop a lot of it and would probably have saved the lost lives in this terrible event.

Isn't that enough?

If only guns were illegal... he would forced to buy guns on the black market or to building bombs. Imagine how much fun he could have had with a 40 gallon drum (disguised as a trash can) of gasoline dumped in the theater and then ignited. A hundred killed and the survivors left with agonizing and disfiguring burns.

In spite of gas prices, this would have been cheaper and easier than buying the guns.

Let's pray that all the dead are Democrats.

Drunk drivers can't be drunk drivers without cars. Is it the car's fault?
Not taking the keys away before they leave the bar or home or what ever, gives them the very thing in which they use to do the killing with as a drunk driver. Many are not able to take away the keys from a drunk driver, and that is why it is being taken to another level in technology, where as there is sniffing devices being tested in cars now, that if a person is drunk, then the car will detect it, and therefore shut down on the drunk before driving it away. Not full proof I imagine by any stretch of the imagination, but at least it is being attempted and then tested in order to someday solve a horrible problem that also exist in America.

Yes, I've said that we need to get tougher on crime by way of the death penalty for sure, even to reinstate it where it has been taken away. This would defintely be an eye opener for those who think we are soft on crime, even crimes that are horrific sadly enough, it seems that the left has sympothy for the devil shockingly. It is a grave problem in this nation as well, where we somehow think that we are punishing these perps by placing them in prison afterwards, where as they can develope a whole new life for themselves in that situation again, complete with friends and supporters and even access to the internet in some cases, but for their victims all they remember before their death was complete terror and then death at the hands of these punks and cowards in life. I agree, but until we have enough people on our side again, other avenues must be explored as well..

Like what? Infringing on the rights of innocent, law-abiding citizens?

No! Stick it to the perps who commit the crimes and leave the rest of us alone!

Blood on hands of Obama, Mitt and NRA! * - NY Daily News

And once again, the left-wing media blames everybody but the guy who pulled the trigger. Who gets blamed next? His mother for not breast feeding him enough when he was baby?

The Daily News is far from "liberal". Humans seek out answers to those acts beyond the comprehension of most. I want to scream WHY? to him. HOW COULD YOU? The desire to kill another human is alien to me.

Cars are only required to be registered if you use them on public roads, want to try again?

How are people killed in car accidents if they are not driving them on public roads? Do you have red lights out in the middle of cow pastures that you run through?

You've obviously never been around a farm. Many have trucks for "farm use". There have been several fatal tractor rollovers in my area this year.

Oh please... The contention was that far more people are killed in car crashes than firearms and now you are moving the goalposts to tractors and farm trucks because they aren't registered? Very disingenuous.

Another poster wanted guns treated like cars. That is actually a reasonable suggestion. Cars have to be registered if you are going to use them on the road, which is where 99.99999% of cars are used. Drivers have to be licensed and a fair percentage of drivers probably went through safe driving programs. Drivers have to carry liability insurance on their cars, so that if they hurt someone or damage property, they can be compensated. You have to be at least 15 or 16 years old to get a drivers license. Licenses can be taken away if a driver is irresponsible.

Now look at guns... Guns don't have to be registered. Gun owners don't have to undergo any training, have a license, or carry insurance. You have to be 18 to purchase a gun. Is it not a reasonable expectation that gun owners register their weapons, undergo training classes in how to safely handle and use their guns, and carry liability insurance in case they accidentally hurt someone or destroy property?

The guns don't kill anyone.
The bloody idiots who feel the need to be tooled up kill people.

Private gun ownership is a relic from the wild west and should be stopped right now.
The very fact that this madman can legal buy the guns he used to kill is proof enough.

The gun lobby claim gun crime won't stop if you take guns away from the US public.
This is true but it'll stop a lot of it and would probably have saved the lost lives in this terrible event.

Isn't that enough?
I would rather get a bead on the types of people that are doing this sort of thing or want to do this sort of thing, and then begin work to change our society to a new society that is "Free" from these types of characters who hate America and are the enemies of America. There are many ways to accomplish this task also, and we have touched on some of the ways as talked about on this thread. One is getting tougher on crime in America, and quit allowing so much sympothy for the devil to reign supreme in this nation. It is a major problem that has been allowed to florish in America, but how this came to be, I don't know really..

Like what? Infringing on the rights of innocent, law-abiding citizens?

No! Stick it to the perps who commit the crimes and leave the rest of us alone!
What about the law abiding citizens getting back into the game again, instead of cowering in the shadows hoping someone else will take care of all these problems for them, hmmmmmm like government maybe ? It is the very reasoning in which I have for using smart technology, because the law abiding citizens have been absent for to long now, and they are contributing nothing anymore to solve these problems so it seems.

Last edited:
attachment.php

poster33090609rc9-tm.jpg

sks4.jpg
Is that a Mosin (with the stripper in the receiver)?

No that's an SKS

This is a Mosin Nagant
images
Okay.

You have a nice collection. All in good condition.

How are people killed in car accidents if they are not driving them on public roads? Do you have red lights out in the middle of cow pastures that you run through?

You've obviously never been around a farm. Many have trucks for "farm use". There have been several fatal tractor rollovers in my area this year.

Oh please... The contention was that far more people are killed in car crashes than firearms and now you are moving the goalposts to tractors and farm trucks because they aren't registered? Very disingenuous.

Another poster wanted guns treated like cars. That is actually a reasonable suggestion. Cars have to be registered if you are going to use them on the road, which is where 99.99999% of cars are used. Drivers have to be licensed and a fair percentage of drivers probably went through safe driving programs. Drivers have to carry liability insurance on their cars, so that if they hurt someone or damage property, they can be compensated. You have to be at least 15 or 16 years old to get a drivers license. Licenses can be taken away if a driver is irresponsible.

Now look at guns... Guns don't have to be registered. Gun owners don't have to undergo any training, have a license, or carry insurance. You have to be 18 to purchase a gun. Is it not a reasonable expectation that gun owners register their weapons, undergo training classes in how to safely handle and use their guns, and carry liability insurance in case they accidentally hurt someone or destroy property?

I answered your comment that not all vehicle accidents occur on a highway.

There's no need for guns to be registered. There are receipts for their sale. How do you think the cops found out so quickly where Holmes bought his? Same goes for all the ammo and even the body armor that he bought. This crime is barely 48 hours old and the police already know where he bought all of it and have for a day or so. There is a recorded transaction of Holmes' background check on record with Colorado's state police. The gun shops where he bought them have to keep the records with their serial numbers for X number of years.

Want a hunting license? You'll probably have to pass a hunter safety class. Want a carry permit? You'll probably have to pass a class for that too. And pass a criminal background check. And be fingerprinted.

Is the system perfect? No, and it never will be. But that's no excuse to infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens.

Forum List

Back