As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

This isn't a gun control issue. It is a crazy person control issue.
And that complicates it even more, because it is both...

What really complicates it is people who think keeping guns away from good citizens somehow helps.
I agree, but it's like this, when you open the flood gates up at the hatchery, in order to let the good fish swim through to a more open area in which to grow bigger and better, and yet surprisingly you have no effective way to seperate the bad fish from the good fish when this is done, (and all depending on how many bad fish there are in an amongst the good fish), then things can become really complicated when trying to seperate the bad fish from the good fish once in the open water, especially once the good fish have become so few amongst the bad when they began swimming through. This is about what has happened here in this nation with people, (like the good fish are caught in a barrel now) by bad management of the federal government over the years, so beware when they try and fix their mistakes, because even then they won't do it right, thus creating more problems in this nation by way of their known confused hands.

Last edited:
True. Gun control people are like race control people. They have only one answer to everything.

The people who want gun control are the same people that created the environment for this kind of insanity to thrive. Just listen to the excuses they are making now. It's the fault of the guns, it's the fault of the movies, it's the fault of unemployment, he didn't have a girlfriend, he had a tough time in school. He had to take a low paying job at McDonalds. One after the other, not one single person addresses the sole and only issue that caused this tragedy. James Holmes believes himself to be the Joker, out of Batman comic book.

Anti-gun people would say the same for the pro-gun types.
You have an answer for everything, to deflect blame, using super smug, hypothesis and political venom. Which is all part of the gun culture.
Nobody in civilian America NEEDS an AR-15.
Please show that to be true.
Then, show that while you may not believe there is a need for an AR-15, that the Constitution does not still protect the right to own one.
I could own and shoot an AR-15 with total safety and responsibility with no problems ever, in fact me and a friend of mine who has one, along with other friends that also have the same weapon, have gone shooting with these guns. They are alot of fun to shoot and one has to be at awe over the quality of the weapon etc. Now the thing is, is that I cannot believe that these weapons end up falling into the wrong hands, and for the wrong reasons they end up in the wrong hands. We must constantly be vigilant about this problem, and we must keep working on such problems to minimize the dangers once and for all..

I was referring to the posts here and elsewhere claiming the killings were a set up to "take our guns" away, but as it upset you so much, I shall amend;"FAR RIGHT EXTREMISTS, LIKE AL QAEDA, that despise the US". The killer's "kind" is American, no other conclusion to be drawn, other than his disregard for human life. Ariux posted something interesting, about the the media saturation we all live through. I see neither party as totally corrupt nor either party wishing the ruination of the US.

And for about the tenth time, this is less a gun crime than a HATE crime, why the killer hated so much is unknown.

This was not a HATE crime. It was an ATTENTION SEEKING crime.

Anti-gun people would say the same for the pro-gun types.
You have an answer for everything, to deflect blame, using super smug, hypothesis and political venom. Which is all part of the gun culture.
Nobody in civilian America NEEDS an AR-15.
Then, show that while you may not believe there is a need for an AR-15, that the Constitution does not still protect the right to own one.
I could own and shoot an AR-15 with total safety and responsibility with no problems ever, in fact me and a friend of mine who has one, along with other friends that also have the same weapon, have gone shooting with these guns. They are alot of fun to shoot and one has to be at awe over the quality of the weapon etc. Now the thing is, is that I cannot believe that these weapons end up falling into the wrong hands, and for the wrong reasons they end up in the wrong hands. We must constantly be vigilant about this problem, and we must keep working on such problems to minimize the dangers once and for all..

What kind of rifle would you approve of? Oswald killed JFK with a bolt-action Mannlicher Carcano.

as i wrote, constitutional rights are not based upon transient needs.

Why is it you view liberty as transient?

I wrote just the opposite in response to the poster criticizing firearm rights. CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS ARE NOT BASED ON TRANSIENT EVENTS, does that clarify the statement for you? Our liberty is comprised of all of our civil rights, chipping away at one will erode the structure.

I misunderstood. My bad.

Well said :eusa_clap:

Being that the theater was a gun free zone didn't stop the shooter now did it?

thank you for verifying my point about the logic Conservative use, when it comes to guns. Obviously we have a gun violence problem in America. You solution is to add more guns, less laws restricting them and less enforcement.
Just like the way to solve a fire problem is to add more fire and gasoline!
BTW, I've made it clear I don't want to take away people's guns - including my own. But I do think some common sense laws and the ability to enforce them, might be an even better idea, than making sure every citizen is armed to the teeth, everywhere they go. Go figure.

To use your fire problem analogy, your solution is to take away the Fire Dept and turn off the water.
No in his analogy I think it is more like this, where as he will be adding more fire departments (taxes for more law enforcement or fire enforcement) and more water (taxes for more fire hydrants) = (more rules and law enforcing of those rules, that is equal to more water), in order to battle the fires, in which he see's as out of control assault weapons being used for violent acts.

I was referring to the posts here and elsewhere claiming the killings were a set up to "take our guns" away, but as it upset you so much, I shall amend;"FAR RIGHT EXTREMISTS, LIKE AL QAEDA, that despise the US". The killer's "kind" is American, no other conclusion to be drawn, other than his disregard for human life. Ariux posted something interesting, about the the media saturation we all live through. I see neither party as totally corrupt nor either party wishing the ruination of the US.

And for about the tenth time, this is less a gun crime than a HATE crime, why the killer hated so much is unknown.

Yes, that could well be part of it, being infamous is fame, of a sort. When I read he had been rejected from a Gun Club he wanted to join, I realized this man was almost totally alienated from other humans. Even a Gun Club rejected him, despite no criminal record, his education, and no lack of funds. Except for what has been reported, a few sex websites, and an occasional hooker, he may have been so alone, it helped create the monster he APPEARS to have become.

thank you for verifying my point about the logic Conservative use, when it comes to guns. Obviously we have a gun violence problem in America. You solution is to add more guns, less laws restricting them and less enforcement.
BTW, I've made it clear I don't want to take away people's guns - including my own. But I do think some common sense laws and the ability to enforce them, might be an even better idea, than making sure every citizen is armed to the teeth, everywhere they go. Go figure.

To use your fire problem analogy, your solution is to take away the Fire Dept and turn off the water.
No in his analogy I think it is more like this, where as he will be adding more fire departments (taxes for more law enforcement or fire enforcement) and more water (taxes for more fire hydrants) = (more rules and law enforcing of those rules, that is equal to more water), in order to battle the fires, in which he see's as out of control assault weapons being used for violent acts.

Out of control assault weapons? You mean this happens every day? Damn! I haven't seen it in the news.

And just exactly what is an assault weapon? Black and scary looking? As I said upthread, Oswald killed JFK with a bolt action rifle.

Now, take a look at this:

index.jpg

Which one would you consider an assault rifle?

Actually, that's a trick question. All 4 rifles are the same rifle, they just have different stocks and, except for the 4th one, they all fire the same cartridge.

What kind of rifle would you approve of? Oswald killed JFK with a bolt-action Mannlicher Carcano.
I would approve of any assault weapon or gun, to be in the hands of most people if it had some sort of smart technology on board in which I spoke of earlier within this thread. Right now we have people getting guns that are not even registering the guns or having to register them in certain states, then we have these guns falling into the hands of complete embassils/idiots who are straight out hell itself. The idle mind is the devils playhouse, and we have to many idle minds or game playing minds (X-box etc.) who have been conditioned to be able to do such things (training themslevs with these games), and then it is taken from the relm of fiction and on into the relm of reality, in which is another area to explore concerning these newly created kooks that are now living in this nation we have today, who are making use of our freedoms & theirs, but making use of them in the wrong ways.

Both ingredients involved..

Out of control assault weapons? You mean this happens every day? Damn! I haven't seen it in the news.

And just exactly what is an assault weapon? Black and scary looking? As I said upthread, Oswald killed JFK with a bolt action rifle.

Now, take a look at this:

index.jpg

Which one would you consider an assault rifle?

Actually, that's a trick question. All 4 rifles are the same rifle, they just have different stocks and, except for the 4th one, they all fire the same cartridge.

I would say that none of them are "assault" rifles as none of them have full auto capability. For that matter, the AR15 rifle is not an assault rifle either. Its full auto capable cousins the M16 and M4 are assault rifles.

I would approve of any assault weapon or gun, to be in the hands of most people if it had some sort of smart technology on board in which I spoke of earlier within this thread. Right now we have people getting guns that are not even registering the guns or having to register them in certain states, then we have these guns falling into the hands of complete embassils/idiots who are straight out hell itself. The idle mind is the devils playhouse, and we have to many idle minds or game playing minds (X-box etc.) who have been conditioned to be able to do such things (training themslevs with these games), and then it is taken from the relm of fiction and on into the relm of reality, in which is another area to explore concerning these newly created kooks that are now living in this nation we have today, who are making use of our freedoms & theirs, but making use of them in the wrong ways.

Your smart technology idea is like a lot of Liberal ideas: they sound great in theory, but work poorly in practicality.

You do realize that technology can be defeated, don't you? If some guy can walk past you on the street with a device that steals your credit card numbers and your cell phone's info, what makes you think that they won't be able to do the same thing to your pistol, rifle or shotgun? How long will it be until some guy makes a device that he can carry in his pocket that simply turns your smart gun off while he robs or assaults you?

The drones that the military and CIA are flying over Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Yemen, etc., are some of the most cutting edge technology on the planet. Yet, Iran somehow managed to make one land. Some college students recently managed to spoof a drone's GPS system.

Identity theft happens all the time. People's email accounts get hacked. Bank servers get hacked. What makes you think that a smart gun can't get hacked or disabled?

Being that the theater was a gun free zone didn't stop the shooter now did it?

Wait. You mean the GOVERNMENT EMPLOYED AND TRAINED AND LICENSED AND CONSTANTLY TESTED FIRE DEPT??? Great analogy! You're right! people wanting to own guns should be required to go through proper training, have to get a license, be employed and Well Regulated by the government etc... Wow! You're more radical than I am! :eusa_clap:

Wait. You mean the GOVERNMENT EMPLOYED AND TRAINED AND LICENSED AND CONSTANTLY TESTED FIRE DEPT??? Great analogy! You're right! people wanting to own guns should be required to go through proper training, have to get a license, be employed and Well Regulated by the government etc... Wow! You're more radical than I am! :eusa_clap:

Fire Depts weren't always government employed and trained. Most used to be and some still are volunteers. Concerned citizens who cared about and wanted to protect their communities.

Sort of like a militia.

Forum List

Back