As the Right Tries to Exploit Mollie Tibbetts’ Death, Her Family Says Stop

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
President Donald Trump and his Republican allies seem to be convinced there is political gold in the tragic death of Iowa college student Mollie Tibbetts — and they began mining for it as soon as her accused killer was identified as a Mexican immigrant.
[…]
But the GOP narrative is getting some pushback from some members of Tibbetts' family. Billie Jo Calderwood, who has been widely reported to be the Mollie Tibbett's aunt, posted her dismay on Facebook.

"Please remember Evil comes in EVERY color," she wrote in a post that has since been made private. "Our family has been blessed to be surrounded by love, friendship and support throughout this entire ordeal by friends from all different nations and races."

Sam Lucas, a distant cousin of the slain college student, was outraged by tweets from conservative commentator Candace Owens, which she said vilified immigrants and fired back with some choice words of her own on Twitter.

"I was just like, 'Holy cow, my family just lost a member and this is the immediate response,' " Lucas told The Washington Post.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/trump-allies-use-mollie-tibbetts-as-rallying-cry-but-her-family-says-stop/ar-BBMlCOA?ocid=spartanntp

From conservatives, yes – who see an opportunity to exploit her tragic death in an effort to advance their hateful, bigoted anti-immigration agenda.

President Donald Trump and his Republican allies seem to be convinced there is political gold in the tragic death of Iowa college student Mollie Tibbetts — and they began mining for it as soon as her accused killer was identified as a Mexican immigrant.
[…]
But the GOP narrative is getting some pushback from some members of Tibbetts' family. Billie Jo Calderwood, who has been widely reported to be the Mollie Tibbett's aunt, posted her dismay on Facebook.

"Please remember Evil comes in EVERY color," she wrote in a post that has since been made private. "Our family has been blessed to be surrounded by love, friendship and support throughout this entire ordeal by friends from all different nations and races."

Sam Lucas, a distant cousin of the slain college student, was outraged by tweets from conservative commentator Candace Owens, which she said vilified immigrants and fired back with some choice words of her own on Twitter.

"I was just like, 'Holy cow, my family just lost a member and this is the immediate response,' " Lucas told The Washington Post.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/trump-allies-use-mollie-tibbetts-as-rallying-cry-but-her-family-says-stop/ar-BBMlCOA?ocid=spartanntp

From conservatives, yes – who see an opportunity to exploit her tragic death in an effort to advance their hateful, bigoted anti-immigration agenda.
and democrats dont do this shit too right jones?.....some day jones you might want to take your head out of your ass,if thats possible...

Progressives view her as just a "bump in the road" on the way to their One Party Rule Progressive Utopia

Last edited:
C.C.J. thinks open borders would solve the whole problem. He wants illegals for neighbors and marry into the family.

The discussion is HOW TO STOP THE NEXT ILLEGAL ALIEN FROM MURDERING AN AMERICAN CITIZEN...So, no can do.
We will keep talking about how the Dems have let killers into the country.

Last edited:
Progressives are hypocrites

and the OP shows it with this thread.

what's new

Seems like a reasonable person would be asking themselves how do we keep people safe in the US? Rational people would not want to be in the position the Tibbetts family finds themselves.

C.C.J. thinks open borders would solve the whole problem. He wants illegals for neighbors and marry into the family.
are you kidding?.....jones would say how he is with them and supports them.....but please just dont move into my neighborhood......

[…]

I read where the writer suggested the story was pumped for cover. I didn't read where the family thought Manafort and Cohen were more important than their daughter. The writer was far more concerned in writing about Manafort and Cohen than he was in writing about Rivera (I mean how would that help the Democrats).

feck the Tibbits family wishes on this situation . This issue is more than their families private concern Clayton .
"Oh the poor girl". "terrible tragedy"

"Feck the family"

Conservitards are... Well.... 'tards.

[…]

Everyone is so glad that the Democrats never exploit tragedies ..... not

feck the Tibbits family wishes on this situation . This issue is more than their families private concern Clayton .
Of course it is to you people. Just like you used Seth Richard’s death. You don’t care about the people, just your agenda.

I thought the left was outraged about childern being separated from their parents guess it depends on the child and how they are separated.

Forum List

Back