Asian-American Student Has Near-Perfect 1590 out of 1600 SAT Score and a 4.65 GPA, Gets Ugly Shock After Applications to Elite Universities

Why don't you whine about it? You whine when 8% of the student body is black, but you don't open your damn mouth when 85% of the football team or basketball team is black.
BECAUSE….idiot…..race has nothing to do with it! We want the best qualified on the sports teams and the best qualified to be accepted into Ivy schools.

Again, you are just proving our point.

BECAUSE….idiot…..race has nothing to do with it! We want the best qualified on the sports teams and the best qualified to be accepted into Ivy schools.

So tell me dumbass, how do you know that these black students aren't smarter than your dumbass kids. When you don't get in the letter doesn't say, "Oh we denied you because a black student got in". How do you know that is wasn't another privileged white kid who knocked your kid out.

College admissions don’t just put people in order or GPA. There’s more to bring a person than that.

I know. Crazy that people are more complicated than a single number.

So tell me dumbass, how do you know that these black students aren't smarter than your dumbass kids. When you don't get in the letter doesn't say, "Oh we denied you because a black student got in"
OMG. The charts all show it. Blacks with a certain combination of grades and scores get in while whites and Asians with much better metrics get rejected. And the liberal school will make us some lie like “blacks have better personalities“ so that’s we took them over whitey and Asians.

That all stops soon. Blacks will have to get in under their own power, without extra consideration for their skin color - and many still will. Most, however, will NOT - and they will simply have to go to a lesser competitive school. It’s not the worst fate in the world.

College admissions don’t just put people in order or GPA. There’s more to bring a person than that.

I know. Crazy that people are more complicated than a single number.
Like whether they’re more “fun” or too “serious”? That’s the type of shit Harvard tried to get away with that landed them in front of the SCOTUS.

One’s combination of GPA and SAT (or LSAT, or MCAT) is the best way to predict who will be successful in their programs.

Cool story.
Shut the fuck up asshole. You mock anybody who has actual experience because you’re a lifelong loser who couldn’t get into any good schools. Thus you know nothing about admissions. People who want a difficult major don’t care about clubs or sports.

Like whether they’re more “fun” or too “serious”? That’s the type of shit Harvard tried to get away with that landed them in front of the SCOTUS.

One’s combination of GPA and SAT (or LSAT, or MCAT) is the best way to predict who will be successful in their programs.
Like maybe they’re not just good at taking tests.

Like maybe they have a passion and drive beyond grades.

At a certain point, grades and tests aren’t as meaningful. A 1560 with passion is more likely to be successful than a 1590 with no special qualities.

OMG. The charts all show it. Blacks with a certain combination of grades and scores get in while whites and Asians with much better metrics get rejected. And the liberal school will make us some lie like “blacks have better personalities“ so that’s we took them over whitey and Asians.

That all stops soon. Blacks will have to get in under their own power, without extra consideration for their skin color - and many still will. Most, however, will NOT - and they will simply have to go to a lesser competitive school. It’s not the worst fate in the world.
Post the statistics proving any of that bullshit. You are like most racist, you long for the Good Ole Days. I guess you will be happy when black students can only attend HBCUs again. Are those the days you are praying for your Orange God to bring back. Are there any white kids who get in that don't have better metrics or is that excuse just reserved for black kids.

THEIR test scores.

Just to point out which people oppose equality, here.
So the usual suspects here want these smart kids, who have no interest in playing a sport, to join the team just to get into their school of choice. Never mind that they could get injured doing something they aren’t interested in doing.

Post the statistics proving any of that bullshit. You are like most racist, you long for the Good Ole Days. I guess you will be happy when black students can only attend HBCUs again. Are those the days you are praying for your Orange God to bring back. Are there any white kids who get in that don't have better metrics or is that excuse just reserved for black kids.
The charts have been posted numerous tImes.

And the rest of your nasty rant is full of the usual - accusing me of being racists, saying I will only be happy when blacks can only attend HBCUs, etc., etc.

All I’ve ever said is that the best qualified should get the spots (just like on the basketball team) regardless of color. That’s the opposite of racist.

So the usual suspects here want these smart kids, who have no interest in playing a sport, to join the team just to get into their school of choice. Never mind that they could get injured doing something they aren’t interested in doing.
No, what it is is that they are trying to come up with excuses to discriminate against whites. A student with a 4.0 GPA and 1560 on his SAT and who wants to major in electrical engineering is no more appealing to the admissions committee if he played a sport.

No, what it is is that they are trying to come up with excuses to discriminate against whites. A student with a 4.0 GPA and 1560 on his SAT and who wants to major in electrical engineering is no more appealing to the admissions committee if he played a sport.
The sports team at the college would likely not want a kid out there who has no interest in being there. Kids in tougher majors need all their time for studying and labs and such. Not that some here understand that.

The charts have been posted numerous tImes.

And the rest of your nasty rant is full of the usual - accusing me of being racists, saying I will only be happy when blacks can only attend HBCUs, etc., etc.

All I’ve ever said is that the best qualified should get the spots (just like on the basketball team) regardless of color. That’s the opposite of racist.
Again are you telling me that EVERY white kid that gets into college is the best qualified student?

Are you saying that white students are not given any special treatment when it comes to college admissions?

• Forty-two percent of white students aged 18 to 24 were enrolled in college in 2013, compared to 34 percent of black and Hispanic students that age, according to the U.S. Department of Education.
  • Enrollment in the 468 best-funded and most selective four-year institutions is 75 percent white, the Georgetown University Center for Education and the Workforce reports. Enrollment at the 3,250 lowest-funded community colleges and four-year universities is 37 percent black and Hispanic. *These figures have been corrected to reflect the findings in the cited report.
  • Larger and larger proportions of nonwhite students go to the least selective institutions with the fewest resources, whose nonwhite enrollment had grown from 31 percent in 1995 to 43 percent by 2009, the last period for which the figures were studied.
  • Nearly a third of black and Hispanic students with high school grade-point averages of 3.5 or better end up at community colleges, compared to 22 percent of white students with the same grades, the Georgetown research found.
  • Seventy-two percent of black students go into debt to pay for their educations, compared to 56 percent of white students, the Education Department reports.
  • Nearly 72 percent of white students finish a four-year degree within six years, compared to 56 percent of Hispanic and 46 percent of black students, the National Student Clearinghouse Research Center says.
  • Thirty-three percent of white Americans 25 and older have at least a bachelor’s degree, compared to 19 percent of blacks and 16 percent of Hispanics, according to the Education Department.

Forum List

Back