Assault weapons ban

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Try harder.

The reason RKBA supporters don't trust Gun Control freaks is we know what you want as an end game.

In NYC it would take me 3-6 months and around $500 just to get a permit/license to keep a revolver in my own apartment. Not a CCW, a residence permit/license.

Is that infringement or not?

There is no reason for quick change magazine in a self defense gun. A CCW permit should not cost more or be more difficult to obtain than a drivers license. A potential terrorist should not be allowed to drive, fly, own or access a car, truck, plane, gun, explosives, hazardous chemicals, etc.

Your opinion. When cops give up their semi's, then you can talk.

How does one decide a person is a potential terrorist?
I don't care if it's a bolt action, dual action, semi or full auto or holds 15 rounds!. We just don't need quick change magazines. Cops don't need them either!!! Let them spray their 15 rounds on full auto, because they will miss more people!

You don't need them until you do need them.
Show us a time when one was needed

North Hollywood shootout - Wikipedia

Why?
I understand where you are coming from, but gun controllers would twist this gesture into something they could use for their overall goal, i.e. first de facto and then de jure disarmament.

Marty, millions of responsible gun owners ALREADY lock up their long rifles.
We don't have to tell them we're being responsible gun owners.
It's just something we could quietly do on our own. It could possibly prevent a theft of an AR15 for example that was subsequently used in a shooting.

Is it even a good idea to leave rifles unsecured when we're away from home?

There is no reason for quick change magazine in a self defense gun. A CCW permit should not cost more or be more difficult to obtain than a drivers license. A potential terrorist should not be allowed to drive, fly, own or access a car, truck, plane, gun, explosives, hazardous chemicals, etc.

I don't care if it's a bolt action, dual action, semi or full auto or holds 15 rounds!. We just don't need quick change magazines. Cops don't need them either!!! Let them spray their 15 rounds on full auto, because they will miss more people!

The police did not need more magazines, they needed to shoot them in the head, to where armor & ban the criminals access to those assault weapons. Nothing is perfect, but we can help prevent the terrorist easy access without infringing our rights to self defense.

Why?
I understand where you are coming from, but gun controllers would twist this gesture into something they could use for their overall goal, i.e. first de facto and then de jure disarmament.

Marty, millions of responsible gun owners ALREADY lock up their long rifles.
We don't have to tell them we're being responsible gun owners.
It's just something we could quietly do on our own. It could possibly prevent a theft of an AR15 for example that was subsequently used in a shooting.

Is it even a good idea to leave rifles unsecured when we're away from home?

No, it isn't. Proper storage is a duty of people exercising their RKBA.

What happens is people who don't like RBKA see storage requirements as a way to ban the guns, not regulate them.

ban the criminals access to those assault weapons..

Here we go again......

How would you propose we ban just the criminals access to those "assault weapons" and not infringe on the Constitutional Rights of everyone else?

Hasn't that been sufficiently done with the 10,000+ gun laws already on the books?

Maybe it's time to take a different approach? Maybe we should look at the SOCIAL POLICIES that are creating so many hateful, disturbed people?

The police did not need more magazines, they needed armor & ban the criminals access to those assault weapons. Nothing is perfect, but we can help prevent the terrorist easy access without infringing our rights to self defense.

The criminals were already felons and got their guns illegally, and then modified a few of them illegally.

Sorry, but "JUST DO SOMETHING" does not void the 2nd amendment, and my rights, which are already being violated by NYC.

What the Media, Politicians and many call "Assault Weapons" are just typical semi automatic rifles that have some resemblance COSMETICALLY to a military rifle. However, the intent of the Second Amendment was to make sure average citizens could have weapons the could CARRY (bear) that were similar to the military.

In reality, I can shoot my lever action or pump action rifle as fast as my semi autos. Very few deaths occur by people using a rifle, any rifle. It is just the Media glorifies these isolated shooting, and works people up with pure EMOTION, and the politicians do the same thing.

What happens is people who don't like RBKA see storage requirements as a way to ban the guns, not regulate them.

WHAT REQUIREMENT are you talking about ?????

If you leave long guns at home unsecured while you are away you are definitely NOT a responsible gun owner.

I'm beginning to see what some on the Left are talking about. omg

The New York Post, a major U.S. tabloid owned by conservative-leaning media mogul Rupert Murdoch, implored President Donald Trump on its cover Monday to ban assault weapons following several mass shootings in recent days.

“President Trump, America is scared and we need bold action. It’s time to... BAN WEAPONS OF WAR,” the cover reads next to a picture of an assault-style rifle, a weapon that mass shooters frequently use to kill as many people as possible.

Semi automatic rifles are not assault weapons, or weapons of war.
Of course they aren't. They are for defending against thousands of citizens making too much noise at a Vegas concert. Shoot 600 of them, to get some peace & quiet!

Do you have a point, you commie dick sucking fucktard?
Make terrorist more efficient so they can kill many more citizens even faster with these WMD's Why not allow them to buy Hand grenades, RPG's, 500-lb bombs, rockets, mortars, tanks & nukes?

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Try harder.

The reason RKBA supporters don't trust Gun Control nuts is we know what you want as an end game.

In NYC it would take me 3-6 months and around $500 just to get a permit/license to keep a revolver in my own apartment. Not a CCW, a residence permit/license.

I want common sense gun control but I own guns. So you are wrong about our end game. There may be some who want that but that'll never happen. So what we want is to lower the number of victims at the hands of nuts. You would rather deal with the carnage just so you don't have to give in one inch to us.

So, I hope you lose elections. That's the only thing that will change your mind. BY FORCE.

We won't come take your guns we will just not sell guns that hold more than 4 bullets at a time anymore. Congrats. Your guns just became more valuable. You can sell them as used guns for a fortune. You just can't buy them new anymore. Easy.

The assault weapons ban legislation put out yesterday got me thinking about when we enacted prohibition to halt the manufacture, transportation and sale of alcohol and alcoholic beverages as we know that ended up creating a bigger problem than the act was attempting to solve. Granted we are not talking about banning all guns like they were with alcohol this ban though does seem to be more far reaching than the last one so I wonder like prohibition could this ban end up causing more problems than it solves?

The New York Post, a major U.S. tabloid owned by conservative-leaning media mogul Rupert Murdoch, implored President Donald Trump on its cover Monday to ban assault weapons following several mass shootings in recent days.

“President Trump, America is scared and we need bold action. It’s time to... BAN WEAPONS OF WAR,” the cover reads next to a picture of an assault-style rifle, a weapon that mass shooters frequently use to kill as many people as possible.

My Ruger 450 American Made Bushmaster gun can hold 4 bullets. This gun should remain legal. It's clearly for hunting.

I know you gun nuts want to be able to protect yourselves from the government but guess what? Who's going to protect us from you? Even though you personally will never do a mass shooting, too many of your kind will and this needs to stop.

The 2nd amendment says you can keep and have a gun. It doesn't say how many rounds should be legal. I say 5 is appropriate.

The 2nd amendment is about the inherent right of every person to be able to defend themselves effectively from enemies.

Hunting is a side benefit.

You don't get to say it

If 5 is good enough, why don't we limit cops to that as well?

Because cops are hired to protect us.

I just saw a movie where the US Government gave 5 Apache's rifles, but they didn't give every Apache one. Those 5 were police. The other Apache could rent out guns to hunt but had to turn them in when they came back.

Should you have a nuke? Why not? Russia has one. What if Russia attacked you? So should you be allowed to have a nuke?

We can make it so eventually your enemies can't get their hands on assault rifles so your revolver will do just fine.

I want common sense gun control but I own guns. So you are wrong about our end game. There may be some who want that but that'll never happen. So what we want is to lower the number of victims at the hands of nuts. You would rather deal with the carnage just so you don't have to give in one inch to us.

So, I hope you lose elections. That's the only thing that will change your mind. BY FORCE.

We won't come take your guns we will just not sell guns that hold more than 4 bullets at a time anymore. Congrats. Your guns just became more valuable. You can sell them as used guns for a fortune. You just can't buy them new anymore. Easy.

There is no need for any of that.
More gun restrictions will simply make criminals out of otherwise law abiding citizens.

What's desperately needed is a honest review of destructive Social Policies that are creating all this violence. However, the Left is vehemently opposed to any such discussion.

WHAT REQUIREMENT are you talking about ?????

If you leave long guns at home unsecured while you are away you are definitely NOT a responsible gun owner.

I'm beginning to see what some on the Left are talking about. omg

Gun ownership in New York: What’s the law?

Of course they aren't. They are for defending against thousands of citizens making too much noise at a Vegas concert. Shoot 600 of them, to get some peace & quiet!

Do you have a point, you commie dick sucking fucktard?
Make terrorist more efficient so they can kill many more citizens even faster with these WMD's Why not allow them to buy Hand grenades, RPG's, 500-lb bombs, rockets, mortars, tanks & nukes?

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Try harder.

The reason RKBA supporters don't trust Gun Control nuts is we know what you want as an end game.

I am not wrong, you are just a liar.

I want MY gun rights back before I consider any further increase in gun laws. Get NYC to allow me to get a freaking revolver in less than 6 months and then we can talk.

Grandfathering is an abridgement of future rights.

And put your money where your mouth is. If 4 rounds is the limit you agree to kill yourself the first time a lawful person runs out of bullets and the bad guy kills them.

The assault weapons ban legislation put out yesterday got me thinking about when we enacted prohibition to halt the manufacture, transportation and sale of alcohol and alcoholic beverages as we know that ended up creating a bigger problem than the act was attempting to solve. Granted we are not talking about banning all guns like they were with alcohol this ban though does seem to be more far reaching than the last one so I wonder like prohibition could this ban end up causing more problems than it solves?

My Ruger 450 American Made Bushmaster gun can hold 4 bullets. This gun should remain legal. It's clearly for hunting.

I know you gun nuts want to be able to protect yourselves from the government but guess what? Who's going to protect us from you? Even though you personally will never do a mass shooting, too many of your kind will and this needs to stop.

The 2nd amendment says you can keep and have a gun. It doesn't say how many rounds should be legal. I say 5 is appropriate.

The 2nd amendment is about the inherent right of every person to be able to defend themselves effectively from enemies.

Hunting is a side benefit.

You don't get to say it

If 5 is good enough, why don't we limit cops to that as well?

Because cops are hired to protect us.

I just saw a movie where the US Government gave 5 Apache's rifles, but they didn't give every Apache one. Those 5 were police. The other Apache could rent out guns to hunt but had to turn them in when they came back.

Should you have a nuke? Why not? Russia has one. What if Russia attacked you? So should you be allowed to have a nuke?

We can make it so eventually your enemies can't get their hands on assault rifles so your revolver will do just fine.

Cops are in place to stop us from settling our disputes violently on our own. Cops have ZERO requirement to actually protect anyone. Their main roles are deterrence, and investigation.

Argument ad absurdum.

Even if you ban assault rifles, people who want them will still get them unless you also ban lathes and 3d printers.

Even if you ban assault rifles, people who want them will still get them unless you also ban lathes and 3d printers.

Not to mention that bad guys can EASILY slip them across the border that the left wants wide open.
Also, there are probably already 100 million "Tyranny Suppression" weapons already in the hands of Americans.

Forum List

Back