Assault weapons ban

The assault weapons ban legislation put out yesterday got me thinking about when we enacted prohibition to halt the manufacture, transportation and sale of alcohol and alcoholic beverages as we know that ended up creating a bigger problem than the act was attempting to solve. Granted we are not talking about banning all guns like they were with alcohol this ban though does seem to be more far reaching than the last one so I wonder like prohibition could this ban end up causing more problems than it solves?

The New York Post, a major U.S. tabloid owned by conservative-leaning media mogul Rupert Murdoch, implored President Donald Trump on its cover Monday to ban assault weapons following several mass shootings in recent days.

“President Trump, America is scared and we need bold action. It’s time to... BAN WEAPONS OF WAR,” the cover reads next to a picture of an assault-style rifle, a weapon that mass shooters frequently use to kill as many people as possible.

Semi automatic rifles are not assault weapons, or weapons of war.

So what?

Virginia Beach shooter killed 12 using silencer and high-capacity magazine. Now, lawmakers might look at both.
A handgun with a silencer and high-capacity magazine has no "purpose other than increasing the gun’s lethality" for a mass attack, a gun-reform advocate said.

20 people were killed and another 26 injured when an anti-immigrant gunman armed with an assault rifle

was armed with an AK-47-style assault rifle and extra magazines.

and Ohio

The shooting broke out shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday as a man armed with an assault rifle approached the Ned Peppers bar in the downtown Oregon District, where thousands of people fill bars and nightclubs each weekend.

The assault weapons ban legislation put out yesterday got me thinking about when we enacted prohibition to halt the manufacture, transportation and sale of alcohol and alcoholic beverages as we know that ended up creating a bigger problem than the act was attempting to solve. Granted we are not talking about banning all guns like they were with alcohol this ban though does seem to be more far reaching than the last one so I wonder like prohibition could this ban end up causing more problems than it solves?

The New York Post, a major U.S. tabloid owned by conservative-leaning media mogul Rupert Murdoch, implored President Donald Trump on its cover Monday to ban assault weapons following several mass shootings in recent days.

“President Trump, America is scared and we need bold action. It’s time to... BAN WEAPONS OF WAR,” the cover reads next to a picture of an assault-style rifle, a weapon that mass shooters frequently use to kill as many people as possible.

Of course they aren't. They are for defending against thousands of citizens making too much noise at a Vegas concert. Shoot 600 of them, to get some peace & quiet!

My Ruger 450 American Made Bushmaster gun can hold 4 bullets. This gun should remain legal. It's clearly for hunting.

I know you gun nuts want to be able to protect yourselves from the government but guess what? Who's going to protect us from you? Even though you personally will never do a mass shooting, too many of your kind will and this needs to stop.

The 2nd amendment says you can keep and have a gun. It doesn't say how many rounds should be legal. I say 5 is appropriate.

So what?

Virginia Beach shooter killed 12 using silencer and high-capacity magazine. Now, lawmakers might look at both.
A handgun with a silencer and high-capacity magazine has no "purpose other than increasing the gun’s lethality" for a mass attack, a gun-reform advocate said.

20 people were killed and another 26 injured when an anti-immigrant gunman armed with an assault rifle

was armed with an AK-47-style assault rifle and extra magazines.

and Ohio

The shooting broke out shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday as a man armed with an assault rifle approached the Ned Peppers bar in the downtown Oregon District, where thousands of people fill bars and nightclubs each weekend.

Words mean things

Last edited:

My Ruger 450 American Made Bushmaster gun can hold 4 bullets. This gun should remain legal. It's clearly for hunting.

I know you gun nuts want to be able to protect yourselves from the government but guess what? Who's going to protect us from you? Even though you personally will never do a mass shooting, too many of your kind will and this needs to stop.

The 2nd amendment says you can keep and have a gun. It doesn't say how many rounds should be legal. I say 5 is appropriate.

The 2nd amendment is about the inherent right of every person to be able to defend themselves effectively from enemies.

Hunting is a side benefit.

You don't get to say it

If 5 is good enough, why don't we limit cops to that as well?

Last edited:

Of course they aren't. They are for defending against thousands of citizens making too much noise at a Vegas concert. Shoot 600 of them, to get some peace & quiet!

Do you have a point?

Last edited:

Do you have a point, you commie dick sucking fucktard?
Make terrorist more efficient so they can kill many more citizens even faster with these WMD's Why not allow them to buy Grenades, RPG's, 500-lb bombs, rockets, mortars, tanks & nukes?

Last edited:

Make terrorist more efficient so they can kill many more citizens even faster with these WMD's Why not allow them to buy Hand grenades, RPG's, 500-lb bombs, rockets, mortars, tanks & nukes?

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Try harder.

The reason RKBA supporters don't trust Gun Control nuts is we know what you want as an end game.

In NYC it would take me 3-6 months and around $500 just to get a permit/license to keep a revolver in my own apartment. Not a CCW, a residence permit/license.

Is that infringement or not?

Last edited:

Make terrorist more efficient so they can kill many more citizens even faster with these WMD's Why not allow them to buy Hand grenades, RPG's, 500-lb bombs, rockets, mortars, tanks & nukes?

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Try harder.

The reason RKBA supporters don't trust Gun Control freaks is we know what you want as an end game.

In NYC it would take me 3-6 months and around $500 just to get a permit/license to keep a revolver in my own apartment. Not a CCW, a residence permit/license.

There is no reason for quick change magazine in a self defense gun. A CCW permit should not cost more or be more difficult to obtain than a drivers license. A potential terrorist should not be allowed to drive, fly, own or access a car, truck, plane, gun, explosives, hazardous chemicals, etc.

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Try harder.

The reason RKBA supporters don't trust Gun Control freaks is we know what you want as an end game.

There is no reason for quick change magazine in a self defense gun. A CCW permit should not cost more or be more difficult to obtain than a drivers license. A potential terrorist should not be allowed to drive, fly, own or access a car, truck, plane, gun, explosives, hazardous chemicals, etc.

Your opinion. When cops give up their semi's, then you can talk.

How does one decide a person is a potential terrorist?

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Try harder.

I don't care if it's a bolt action, dual action, semi or full auto or holds 15 rounds!. We just don't need quick change magazines. Cops don't need them either!!! Let them spray their 15 rounds on full auto, because they will miss more people!

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Try harder.

I don't care if it's a bolt action, dual action, semi or full auto or holds 15 rounds!. We just don't need quick change magazines. Cops don't need them either!!! Let them spray their 15 rounds on full auto, because they will miss more people!

You don't need them until you do need them.

If you are a responsible gun owner and have AR15's or AK47's....then you should probably get a safe and keep those in a safe to prevent theft.
Those are what I call "Tyranny Suppression" weapons you don't need often.
You can always keep a 15 round 9mm or other semi auto pistol or shotgun out and available for home protection.

Is this a bad idea and why?

There are things that gun owners could do to potentially help without giving up their rights.

But I insist that the biggest "gun problem" we have in this nation is leftist policies which destroy the family and create angry, hedonistic deranged monsters and encourage criminal activity. Until that is properly addressed, no amount of feel good gun laws will help.

Trump actually said that today. Surprised me. Probably the best Prez we've had in a long time all things considered.

Last edited:
If you are a responsible gun owner and have AR15's or AK47's....then you should probably get a safe and keep those in a safe to prevent theft.
Those are what I call "Tyranny Suppression" weapons you don't need often.
You can always keep a 15 round 9mm or other semi auto pistol or shotgun out and available for home protection.

Is this a bad idea and why?

There are things that gun owners could do to potentially help without giving up their rights.

The problem is if you codify storage requirements like that, gun control advocates will make the laws so convoluted, expensive, and time consuming that it would turn into a de-facto ban on said weapons requiring the storage conditions.

Well dont you know how well prohibition works? Just look it how it prevented alcohol abuse then went on to conquer drug abuse.
Prohibition is nothing more than a panacea for fools and a tool for politicians. It never has been anything else and it never will be anything else. It works as well as bandaids do to prevent cuts and skinned knees.

The problem is if you codify storage requirements like that, gun control advocates will make the laws so convoluted, expensive, and time consuming that it would turn into a de-facto ban on said weapons requiring the storage conditions.

I didn't say to make it any kind of requirement. Where did you get that?

Just something responsible owners of Tyranny Suppression weapons could do on their own to potentially help the situation.

If you have AR15's or AK47's etc.....do you really think leaving them unsecured at home while you are away is a good idea?

I didn't say to make it any kind of requirement. Where did you get that?

Just something responsible owners of Tyranny Suppression weapons could do on their own to potentially help the situation.

Voluntarily doing things won't placate the gun control people. They will demand codification, and that will lead to end runs using said codificiation to make owning a semi auto long rifle as difficult as possible.

Voluntarily doing things won't placate the gun control people. They will demand codification, and that will lead to end runs using said codificiation to make owning a semi auto long rifle as difficult as possible.

Marty, with all due respect....I think you're missing the point.

I agree they have a end goal of disarming America. But that doesn't mean we can't do common sense things on our own to make sure we voluntarily do what we can to prevent our guns from getting into the wrong hands.

Last edited:

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Try harder.

You don't need them until you do need them.
Show us a time when one was needed

Marty, with all due respect....I think you're missing the point.

I agree they have a end goal of disarming America. But that doesn't mean we can't do common sense things on our own to make sure we voluntarily do what we can to prevent our guns from getting into the wrong hands.

What point? How would this have stopped these two current shootings?

Forum List

Back