Assholes making trouble in Oregon

Yeah. they are just mad because judges sentenced a couple of arsonists. boo hoo
A controlled burn is not arson, dumbass, and neither is it terrorism.

So you are OK with prosecuting people who started fires on their own land it land that they have used for more than 20 years, over a fire that was done over 15 years ago?

You are a special kind of fuck face twat, arent you?

Last edited:
I have a reply or two to address in this slug fest, but I thought I would post this quote from a jeep club forum site in Arizona I belong to where this subject has come up. This guy makes an excellent summation:

The thing is, at least as I see it, we all have a dog in this fight. The Constitution does not allow the federal government to own lands other than for military bases. I could be wrong there but I'm pretty sure that's what it says. And also, parcels not larger than 10 acres. The fact that they starved the other ranchers out by flooding their lands and then purchased their land is criminal, as far as I'm concerned. AND, as soon as the NWR was determined to be a failure, it should have been reversed. But you are right, the government will fight tooth and nail, blade and bullet to keep any program/project that allows them to spend money and justify raising taxes. People talk about how big and powerful the gun lobby is, or the Utility lobby, but those pale in comparison to the green, environmental lobby. Especially with 75% of the people in the this country living in a city and believing everything they see on social and mainstream media.

Americans these days seem to be okay with laws and regulations telling others how they have to live as long as it doesn't effect them. They (.gov) are systematically taking us apart.

I grew up in a small town surrounded by BLM, Air Force, Reservation, wildlife refuge, and a national monument. The monument was closed to the public because the drug runners are using it and it easier to keep us out than them, the wildlife moonbats decided the rancher's cattle was interfering with the prong horn antelope south of town (outside the refuge) so the BLM revoked the grazing permits. Only thing is, the pronghorn were enjoying the same water the cattle were so they died off in that area after the cattlemen left. It's illegal for the border patrol, or anyone else, to pursue drug runners into the refuge so it's now a pipeline for drugs and polluted heavily. And, once the areas were closed to OHV, by the BLM, the fawns they thought they were protecting were killed by predators that used to be scared off by jeeps, quads, etc.

It's tyranny. It's stupid and we are paying for it. In five years they will start the second round of trail closures, fueled by the fact the first round was not enforced well enough and the damage to natural resources has continued, and then the OHV crowd will be looking for help from the ranchers and they won't be there. The mountain bike guys might pitch in since they are now being categorized as 'mechanical' recreation and subject to a lot of the restriction us 'motorized' folks are. But I wouldn't count on many of them realizing they need us to keep their trails open.

The Ranchers in the west valley were a huge help in preventing the 1.5 million acres of new wilderness. There's no better stewards for the lands, the Ranchers understand it better than any college graduate biologist.

And here's a real thought for all of you.

If this 'armed takeover', "y'allkinda" thing hadn't happened, none of us would ever have known about it.

And some of us would never have known about it either. ;)

There was a minister who went to visit them. I suppose he was a human shield, too. He said Bundy wasn't even there when he got there. Bundy had no idea they closed the schools, he said he had been all over the place. He has no plans for violence, he's just protesting tyranny. And the community says he's absolutely right about the blm.

There was a minister who went to visit them. I suppose he was a human shield, too. He said Bundy wasn't even there when he got there. Bundy had no idea they closed the schools, he said he had been all over the place. He has no plans for violence, he's just protesting tyranny. And the community says he's absolutely right about the blm.
Apart from the closed schools, the town is carrying on as normal. The bloodlust of the libtards is truly quite uncanny.

I have a reply or two to address in this slug fest, but I thought I would post this quote from a jeep club forum site in Arizona I belong to where this subject has come up. This guy makes an excellent summation:

The thing is, at least as I see it, we all have a dog in this fight. The Constitution does not allow the federal government to own lands other than for military bases. I could be wrong there but I'm pretty sure that's what it says. And also, parcels not larger than 10 acres. The fact that they starved the other ranchers out by flooding their lands and then purchased their land is criminal, as far as I'm concerned. AND, as soon as the NWR was determined to be a failure, it should have been reversed. But you are right, the government will fight tooth and nail, blade and bullet to keep any program/project that allows them to spend money and justify raising taxes. People talk about how big and powerful the gun lobby is, or the Utility lobby, but those pale in comparison to the green, environmental lobby. Especially with 75% of the people in the this country living in a city and believing everything they see on social and mainstream media.

Americans these days seem to be okay with laws and regulations telling others how they have to live as long as it doesn't effect them. They (.gov) are systematically taking us apart.

I grew up in a small town surrounded by BLM, Air Force, Reservation, wildlife refuge, and a national monument. The monument was closed to the public because the drug runners are using it and it easier to keep us out than them, the wildlife moonbats decided the rancher's cattle was interfering with the prong horn antelope south of town (outside the refuge) so the BLM revoked the grazing permits. Only thing is, the pronghorn were enjoying the same water the cattle were so they died off in that area after the cattlemen left. It's illegal for the border patrol, or anyone else, to pursue drug runners into the refuge so it's now a pipeline for drugs and polluted heavily. And, once the areas were closed to OHV, by the BLM, the fawns they thought they were protecting were killed by predators that used to be scared off by jeeps, quads, etc.

It's tyranny. It's stupid and we are paying for it. In five years they will start the second round of trail closures, fueled by the fact the first round was not enforced well enough and the damage to natural resources has continued, and then the OHV crowd will be looking for help from the ranchers and they won't be there. The mountain bike guys might pitch in since they are now being categorized as 'mechanical' recreation and subject to a lot of the restriction us 'motorized' folks are. But I wouldn't count on many of them realizing they need us to keep their trails open.

The Ranchers in the west valley were a huge help in preventing the 1.5 million acres of new wilderness. There's no better stewards for the lands, the Ranchers understand it better than any college graduate biologist.

If this 'armed takeover', "y'allkinda" thing hadn't happened, none of us would ever have known about it.

Very informative. Thank you.

I have a reply or two to address in this slug fest, but I thought I would post this quote from a jeep club forum site in Arizona I belong to where this subject has come up. This guy makes an excellent summation:...

You mean you got a problem with the federal gooberment owning 90% of the public land west of the Dakotas?

When did you start to hate America? /just kidding

FederalOwnedLand_zps13pw5x2e.jpg

Yep, Skylar! Did you see the guy on TV that just joined up with the Bundy thugs? He has said goodbye to his family and claims he is willing to give his life if necessary for the 'cause'. It's one of those situations where you laugh at the absurdity, and cry at the stupidity.
Then he stated it would never get that far. .

So he said he would die there for no reason? o_O
He said they were seeking peaceful negotiations. Not blood shed.

Get back to be when they call for the police to be "fried like bacon".

They want "peaceful negotiations" about their law breaking?

Why did they bring guns then?

They said they are willing to kill and/or be killed.

That's the opposite of "peaceful".

Its funny, blue gin actually considers mean words to be more threatening that bringing guns and sayin they are willing to die there.

Because their white
Did they kill anyone?

He said they were seeking peaceful negotiations. Not blood shed.

Get back to be when they call for the police to be "fried like bacon".

They want "peaceful negotiations" about their law breaking?

Why did they bring guns then?

They said they are willing to kill and/or be killed.

That's the opposite of "peaceful".

Its funny, blue gin actually considers mean words to be more threatening that bringing guns and sayin they are willing to die there.

Because their white
That's because sane people distinguish between animals who have stated a desire to kill innocents, and good guys who have stated a desire to protect them.

And yet, the insurgents in OR are using Children as human shields, just like other terrorists do.
no they aren't, how lame. They're coming and going at will. They haven't threatened anyone or done anything except occupy an empty building. Don't be such a liar.
And the main two involved in the legal issues surrendered themselves to law enforcement.

Apart from the closed schools, the town is carrying on as normal. The bloodlust of the libtards is truly quite uncanny.
I know right. The fake anti gun crowd is hoping they all get mowed down.

Idiots.

He has no plans for violence, he's just protesting tyranny.

Except that there isn't any tyranny to protest at all. Some large land-owners committed very serious crimes, and some think that the rules shouldn't apply to them the way they apply to every other American. It is textbook fascism, including the marauding armed thugs.

"The conviction that there is a right to use weapons, even the most brutal, ever goes hand in hand with fanatical belief that a new and revolutionizing order of things must be victorious in the world. A movement that fails to fight for such high ideals and aims will never fight to the very last. In producing a great new idea the French Revolution discovered the secret of success. It was the same with the Russian Revolution, and Fascism drew its strength solely from the idea of submitting a whole nation to a process of complete regeneration, with very happy results for that nation."
-- Adolf Hitler; from 'Mein Kampf'

If allowed to continue, this anarchy will result in the same sort of tyranny. Real tyranny.

So you are OK with prosecuting people who started fires on their own land it land that they have used for more than 20 years, over a fire that was done over 15 years ago?

Actually, I just read the official court document:

"The jury convicted both of the Hammonds of using fire to destroy federal property for a 2001 arson known as the Hardie-Hammond Fire, located in the Steens Mountain Cooperative Management and Protection Area. Witnesses at trial, including a relative of the Hammonds, testified the arson occurred shortly after Steven Hammond and his hunting party illegally slaughtered several deer on BLM property. Jurors were told that Steven Hammond handed out “Strike Anywhere” matches with instructions that they be lit and dropped on the ground because they were going to “light up the whole country on fire.” One witness testified that he barely escaped the eight to ten foot high flames caused by the arson. The fire consumed 139 acres of public land and destroyed all evidence of the game violations. After committing the arson, Steven Hammond called the BLM office in Burns, Oregon and claimed the fire was started on Hammond property to burn off invasive species and had inadvertently burned onto public lands. Dwight and Steven Hammond told one of their relatives to keep his mouth shut and that nobody needed to know about the fire.

"The jury also convicted Steven Hammond of using fire to destroy federal property regarding a 2006 arson known as the Krumbo Butte Fire located in the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and Steen Mountain Cooperative Management and Protection Area. An August lightning storm started numerous fires and a burn ban was in effect while BLM firefighters fought those fires. Despite the ban, without permission or notification to BLM, Steven Hammond started several “back fires” in an attempt save the ranch’s winter feed. The fires burned onto public land and were seen by BLM firefighters camped nearby. The firefighters took steps to ensure their safety and reported the arsons."

Eastern Oregon Ranchers Convicted of Arson Resentenced to Five Years in Prison | USAO-OR | Department of Justice

Any of that sourced? :eusa_think:

The source is from a different forum site and I do not believe it is ok to post links to other sites. As such, most of the people at that site have been dealing with the BLM for years and years and years and have also seen firsthand how they operate.

The media is only feeding us the .gov side of this thing folks. As for "all the signs all over" telling them to leave, I have only seen one in the news.

Actually, I just read the official court document:

"The jury convicted both of the Hammonds of using fire to destroy federal property for a 2001 arson known as the Hardie-Hammond Fire, located in the Steens Mountain Cooperative Management and Protection Area. Witnesses at trial, including a relative of the Hammonds, testified the arson occurred shortly after Steven Hammond and his hunting party illegally slaughtered several deer on BLM property. Jurors were told that Steven Hammond handed out “Strike Anywhere” matches with instructions that they be lit and dropped on the ground because they were going to “light up the whole country on fire.” One witness testified that he barely escaped the eight to ten foot high flames caused by the arson. The fire consumed 139 acres of public land and destroyed all evidence of the game violations. After committing the arson, Steven Hammond called the BLM office in Burns, Oregon and claimed the fire was started on Hammond property to burn off invasive species and had inadvertently burned onto public lands. Dwight and Steven Hammond told one of their relatives to keep his mouth shut and that nobody needed to know about the fire.

"The jury also convicted Steven Hammond of using fire to destroy federal property regarding a 2006 arson known as the Krumbo Butte Fire located in the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and Steen Mountain Cooperative Management and Protection Area. An August lightning storm started numerous fires and a burn ban was in effect while BLM firefighters fought those fires. Despite the ban, without permission or notification to BLM, Steven Hammond started several “back fires” in an attempt save the ranch’s winter feed. The fires burned onto public land and were seen by BLM firefighters camped nearby. The firefighters took steps to ensure their safety and reported the arsons."

Eastern Oregon Ranchers Convicted of Arson Resentenced to Five Years in Prison | USAO-OR | Department of Justice
Agit8, thank you for posting the official charges and witness accounts. I wondered about the specific of the charges. I also know that the northwest is very serious about fires, especially forest fires. I am assuming the Hammonds are aware of that even more than a Michigander like me. And they at least surrendered peacefully, for which I applaud them.

The source is from a different forum site and I do not believe it is ok to post links to other sites. As such, most of the people at that site have been dealing with the BLM for years and years and years and have also seen firsthand how they operate.

The media is only feeding us the .gov side of this thing folks. As for "all the signs all over" telling them to leave, I have only seen one in the news.
The residents are grateful that attention is being paid to their situation.

"sourced" meaning it can be fact checked as verifiable statements. I wasn't asking where it came from

The residents are grateful that attention is being paid to their situation.
are they? nice of you to speak on their behalf. where do you get that information?

These wannabe warriors must be a little disappointed about not having a dramatic standoff with law enforcement. Reporters on the scene can't seem to find a cop anywhere; federal, state or local. So it looks like the only people there are the media and a few rednecks with guns hanging around drinking beer. Not much of a revolution if no one takes the threat of action seriously. In this case simply ignoring the revolutionaries will probably discourage them from storming the Bastille any time soon.

Forum List

Back