Astronomers have discovered a giant 'blinking' star in the middle of the Milky Way.

Where in the USA have you mostly lived !!
Long story short, .... Born in Brooklyn, NY. Grew up in Kentucky, W Virginia and Ohio. Moved to NYC, then back to Ohio. Then onto Kentucky again, South Carolina, Georgia and Arkansas.
I assume you’re Italian ??
Why ? The old Brooklyn stereotype I know---I was only born there then mom moved back to Ky, but I'm
Irish, Greek and German actually. From age 7 to 18 I lived in NE Ohio.

VVV-WIT-08, as it's named, is 25,000 light-years from Earth, but scientists
say it's a star 100 times bigger than our sun and the "blinking' occurs as a giant unidentified companion with a decades-long orbit passes by, likely an enormous Saturn-like planet.

blinking star
View attachment 502896
LOL according to your post the star could only blink once in every decade long pass of the companion body which could never be described as a blink nor is there very much chance that this could ever be seen. So the idea is nonsense

LOL according to your post the star could only blink once in every decade long pass of the companion body which could never be described as a blink nor is there very much chance that this could ever be seen. So the idea is nonsense
^^Party pooper.
You know they have herbal therapies for
closed-minded people who lack imagination.
lol

^^Party pooper.
You know they have herbal therapies for
closed-minded people who lack imagination.
lol
In other words you failed to think about what you were posting before posting the completely fake article

This makes you a typical American who thinks that the internet has to be real because it is there

Astronomers have only a couple of examples of similar binary systems.

The star Epsilon Aurigae is dimmed 50 percent every 27 years by a passing disk of dust.

And the recently discovered TYC 2505-672-1 is an eclipsing binary star system with an orbital period of 69 years -- a record that could be eclipsed by VVV-WIT-08.

"Occasionally we find variable stars that don't fit into any established category, which we call 'what-is-this?', or 'WIT' objects," project co-leader Philip Lucas said in the release.

"We really don't know how these blinking giants came to be. It's exciting to see such discoveries from VVV after so many years planning and gathering the data," said Lucas, a professor at the University of Hertfordshire.

say it's a star 100 times bigger than our sun and the "blinking' occurs as a giant unidentified companion with a decades-long orbit passes by, likely an enormous Saturn-like planet.

blinking star
View attachment 502896
Again you simpleton according to what you posted the star can only blink once every so many decades when another stellar body crosses between it and the Earth. Can you explain how this is blinking?

blinking star
View attachment 502896
Again you simpleton according to what you posted the star can only blink once every so many decades when another stellar body crosses between it and the Earth. Can you explain how this is blinking?
Sorry. I don't acknowledge trolls.
20210622_093236.jpg

blinking star
View attachment 502896
Sorry. I don't acknowledge trolls.
View attachment 504328

LOL tell us more about the star that blinks every so many decades?

Fool

:rolleyes:asshole

It is not the first blinking star astronomers have discovered. A huge dust disc causes the giant star Epsilon Aurigae to dim by about 50% every 27 years. Another star known as TYC 2505-672-1 is part of a binary system and is eclipsed by the disc around its companion star every 69 years. It is unclear when VVV-WIT-08 will dim again, but astronomers believe it will happen in the next 20 to 200 years. Two more blinking stars were spotted alongside VVV-WIT-08, but the researchers have fewer details on these.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back