At least two Republican DAs want to prosecute Bidens: Rep. James Comer

I thought you guys said a sitting president could not be indicted while in office, only impeached. That was the public ruling of the Trump department of justice. Are you saying the Biden justice department has made some change to policy to allow it?
Actually, it was Robert Mueller who said that a sitting president could not be prosecuted, based on a Justice Department policy in effect since 1973.

What "we guys" said, if I remember correctly was . . . "Stop obsessing about Trump, you deranged, hateful, sore losers!"

If there be crimes, then no qualms. However, Rep Comer has yet to make public any substantiation for such a course of action.
It's only an investigation at this point. We'll learn more in due course.
These two DA's were hoping Rep Comer had something, based on his innuendo he has fed to the newspapers.

My gut feeling is that he has nothing, just as the Senate Judiciary Report had nothing.
Not sure your gut is admisible in court, though.
But he sure wants you to believe he has something, got to feed something to the hungry base, eh, Seymour Flops?
I haven't really been following Comer's deal on this. That the Biden crime family is being paid handsomely by corrupt foreign governments isn't something that is in any doubt. If Comer has admissible evidence that can be used in any state courts, I see no reason for him to share it with prosecutors in those states.

If not, I guess the Bidens have nothing to worry about.

Oh, I don't know about that, Lord Long Rod, but if I did know what the fuck I was posting about,
you still wouldn't know what the fuck I was posting about, anyway, and I'm not convinced you'll ever know........

what the fuck I'm posting about.

Cheers,
Rumpole
You are just fucking pathetic.
8======>😮

While a few Republican DA's are hungry to get Biden, Hunter, et al., seems they are querying Comer for the dirt they can use to indict. Now we shall see if Comer's mouth is bigger than his plate. I suspect there's nothing on it to chew on, but it sure looks nice from a distance.

As my learned colleagues in academia are wont to say, the New York Post, founded by Alexander Hamilton, would not recognize what it has become. While it may not be a full-on tabloid, it bears all the hallmarks of one. Its appearance and style are reminiscent of the best of British tabloids, although it is not the kind of publication that garners awards for excellence in journalism. In fact, it has only managed to lay claim to one Pulitzer Prize, which is hardly an impressive record for any self-respecting journal of record. One might say that the NYPost exists somewhere between a serious news publication and a tabloid, but with its brazen and sensationalistic headlines, it sure looks like a tabloid to me. In the immortal words of that old adage, "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck,....and you know the rest."

WASHINGTON — At least two local GOP prosecutors are looking at ways to charge President Biden and his family amid Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s prosecution of former President Donald Trump, House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer revealed Wednesday.

“I had two calls yesterday, one from a county attorney in Kentucky and one from a county attorney in Tennessee,” Comer (R-Ky.) told “Fox & Friends.” “They were Republican, obviously, both states are heavily Republican. They want to know if there are ways they can go after the Bidens now.”

Comer is leading a House Republican investigation into Joe Biden’s role in his family’s international business dealings in countries such as China and Ukraine. The lawmaker’s staff recently reviewed Suspicious Activity Reports filed by banks to the Treasury Department regarding possible criminal activity by the Biden family.
I see countersuits for frivolous prosecution in the future, if this nonsense progresses.

They cannot investigate when they have no jurisdiction. NY does because Trump's corporation is domiciled in NY and as a result, they have to file reports with the state of NY. Trump tried to claim that corporate money was used for legal fees when it was used for hush money on these reports.
Neither does Bragg.

I'm not sure your point, Professor Rumpole.

Do you have some objection to local elected prosecutors investigating crimes by politicians and their families?
They prosecutors are fishing. They have nothing and are asking around for anyone to feed them something.

You know all that projecting Trump and the Trumptards whine about a "witch hunt"?

This is what a real witch hunt looks like.

They prosecutors are fishing. They have nothing and are asking around for anyone to feed them something.

You know all that projecting Trump and the Trumptards whine about a "witch hunt"?

A witch hunt looks like "show me the man and I'll show you the crime," as the Dems have been doing for seven years now.

That the Biden family takes money from corrupt foreign governments is not in doubt, and not denied even by them. Nothing unfair about investigations to find out what those governments are getting for their money.

You are just fucking pathetic.
8======>😮

Well, my Lord Long Rod, oh great messiah of minimal members, whilst that might be a remote possibility amongst your petulant fantasies, at least I'm not a pathetically parching periwinkle like yourself.

How I wish you weren't so dull, then a row of bubblicious barbs might be fun.

But, then, you're as dull as a rust engineer, almost as exciting as a chicken desexer.

You ain't no fun at all.

Love and kisses,
Rumpole

It's only an investigation at this point. We'll learn more in due course.
US Attorney Delaware David Weiss, assigned as Special Counsel by Bill Barr, left to finish the job by Joe Biden, to investigate Joe's own son, well, it's been 3 or more years now, and no indictment in sight. If he can't find squat, I doubt the impudent Comer will find anything, as well, given that there isn't any evidence to be had, it seems, when the proverbial rubber hits the road.
Not sure your gut is admisible in court, though.
Nor would I ever make such a silly assertion.
I haven't really been following Comer's deal on this. That the Biden crime family is being paid handsomely by corrupt foreign governments isn't something that is in any doubt.
Well, on such a charge, the least you could do is substantiate this amazing claim (re: highlighted)
If Comer has admissible evidence that can be used in any state courts, I see no reason for him to share it with prosecutors in those states.
I should think he'd be licking his chops to share it. But, the DAs will have to have jurisdiction, which isn't likely.
If not, I guess the Bidens have nothing to worry about.
in fact, they don't. Don't believe me? See above regarding Weiss.

While a few Republican DA's are hungry to get Biden, Hunter, et al., seems they are querying Comer for the dirt they can use to indict. Now we shall see if Comer's mouth is bigger than his plate. I suspect there's nothing on it to chew on, but it sure looks nice from a distance.

As my learned colleagues in academia are wont to say, the New York Post, founded by Alexander Hamilton, would not recognize what it has become. While it may not be a full-on tabloid, it bears all the hallmarks of one. Its appearance and style are reminiscent of the best of British tabloids, although it is not the kind of publication that garners awards for excellence in journalism. In fact, it has only managed to lay claim to one Pulitzer Prize, which is hardly an impressive record for any self-respecting journal of record. One might say that the NYPost exists somewhere between a serious news publication and a tabloid, but with its brazen and sensationalistic headlines, it sure looks like a tabloid to me. In the immortal words of that old adage, "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck,....and you know the rest."

WASHINGTON — At least two local GOP prosecutors are looking at ways to charge President Biden and his family amid Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s prosecution of former President Donald Trump, House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer revealed Wednesday.

“I had two calls yesterday, one from a county attorney in Kentucky and one from a county attorney in Tennessee,” Comer (R-Ky.) told “Fox & Friends.” “They were Republican, obviously, both states are heavily Republican. They want to know if there are ways they can go after the Bidens now.”

Comer is leading a House Republican investigation into Joe Biden’s role in his family’s international business dealings in countries such as China and Ukraine. The lawmaker’s staff recently reviewed Suspicious Activity Reports filed by banks to the Treasury Department regarding possible criminal activity by the Biden family.

These prosecutor's aren't saying that they have evidence that the Biden's have committed crimes and want to prosecute, they're asking if there is any way they can "go after the Bidens".

This is the difference between Republicans and Democrats. Republicans keep "going after" Democrats, making up stuff, and then trying to prove they did it. See Uranium One.

Democrats wait until a crime happens, investigate as to what happens, and then recommend charges.

maybe…but that seems to be the new play since Bragg decided to start political prosecution s

US Attorney Delaware David Weiss, assigned as Special Counsel by Bill Barr, left to finish the job by Joe Biden, to investigate Joe's own son, well, it's been 3 or more years now, and no indictment in sight. If he can't find squat, I doubt the impudent Comer will find anything, as well, given that there isn't any evidence to be had, it seems, when the proverbial rubber hits the road.
The Dems have been investigating Donald Trump for more than seven years, and only weeks ago finally indicted him on charges so week, that even Democratic activist lawyers are laughing at them.
Nor would I ever make such a silly assertion.

Well, on such a charge, the least you could do is substantiate this amazing claim (re: highlighted)

I should think he'd be licking his chops to share it. But, the DAs will have to have jurisdiction, which isn't likely.
Yes, of course he would share it. I meant to say "no reason for him not to share it."
in fact, they don't. Don't believe me? See above regarding Weiss.
Anyway, I assume your answer is that you have no problem with elected state prosecutors going after national political figures from the other party, so I'm not sure why you so vigorously object when it is the Biden get-lots-of-money-from-corrupt-foreign-governments family who is the subject. (I hope that is less triggering than "Biden Crime Family")

A witch hunt looks like "show me the man and I'll show you the crime," as the Dems have been doing for seven years now.

That the Biden family takes money from corrupt foreign governments is not in doubt, and not denied even by them. Nothing unfair about investigations to find out what those governments are getting for their money.

We showed you the crimes, and you denied that lying, cheating and stealing were crimes when the President does them. Trump was in the middle of a fraud trial when he was elected.

Now you're making up shit about the Biden's just like you did about Hillary. How did that work out for you?

We showed you the crimes, and you denied that lying, cheating and stealing were crimes when the President does them. Trump was in the middle of a fraud trial when he was elected.

Now you're making up shit about the Biden's just like you did about Hillary. How did that work out for you?
Lying and cheating isn't a crime per se, no matter who does it. What stealing are you referring to?

Never said anything like that, you little liar. Being in the middle of a trial does not make a man guilty. Google the phrase innocent until proven guilty.
Worked out great, Missy Miss! In spite of the clear wishes of Saturday night live, Hillary lost all chance to ever be president.

Never said anything like that, you little liar. Being in the middle of a trial does not make a man guilty. Google the phrase innocent until proven guilty.

Worked out great, Missy Miss! In spite of the clear wishes of Saturday night live, Hillary lost all chance to ever be president.
biden is obviously a zombie.....just put him in a good nursing home with Maxine Waters and he will be happy

Actually, it was Robert Mueller who said that a sitting president could not be prosecuted, based on a Justice Department policy in effect since 1973.

What "we guys" said, if I remember correctly was . . . "Stop obsessing about Trump, you deranged, hateful, sore losers!"
Is this before or after Hillary gets prosecuted?
1681217976736.gif

Lying and cheating isn't a crime per se, no matter who does it. What stealing are you referring to?

Tax fraud. Falsifying business records to claim the hush money paid was a tax deductible business expense. That’s why falsifying business records gets prosecuted in the first place.

It’s one of the charges they convicted Cohen on.

Trump’s lifelong history of tax evasion is coming back to bite him. I started following trumps financial schemes and scams back in the 1990s when he bragged that he walked away from his first bankruptcy with $40 million in his own pocket.

One of his schemes involved, making claims that municipal tax assessors were overvaluing his properties, and he was being overtaxed. The property tax assessment was double the actual value of the property. This was SOP at every Trump property.

Then he used all of the delay tactics on the assessment possible and when he lost, he appealed to a higher authority.

The appeals process grinds slowly at the best of times and Trump frequently stretched out these battles for 10 years, during which time, Trump paid nothing in taxes, and the municipalities spent hundreds of thousands of dollars fighting these appeals in court. At which time, Trump negotiates a settlement with the municipality for 25 cents on the dollar.

At the same time that Trump was telling taxing authorities that the property was worth far less than he paid for it, he was telling his banks insurance companies that it was worth double and triple what he paid for it and taking out loans on the higher values. That’s the illegal part.

Forum List

Back