At the time we invaded Iraq, did you believe Hussein was behind 9/11?

At the time we invaded Iraq, did you believe Hussein was behind 9/11?

• Yes, I thought Hussein was directly responsible for the attacks on 9/11

• No, we invaded becasue W said there were stockpiles of WMDs. I didn't think Hussein was behind 9/11

• We invaded for many reasons. One was WMDs, none of them were Iraq being directly involved in 9/11

• I'm old enough to remember the time, but honestly I wasn't into politics then and I'm not sure

• I'm under 30 and I remember the actual 9/11 attacks and invasions either vaguely or not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
At no point did I connect Iraq or Saddam with 9/11, but apparently there are a lot of cretins who did and still do. Hussein, however, was a known supporter of terror. Especially, his habit of paying the families of "palestinian" suicide bombers $10K each.

At no point did I connect Iraq or Saddam with 9/11, but apparently there are a lot of cretins who did and still do. Hussein, however, was a known supporter of terror. Especially, his habit of paying the families of "palestinian" suicide bombers $10K each.

Islamo Nazi propagandaists CLAIM that our presidents and other leaders and DA JOOOOOS made the claim that SADDAM was part of the 9-11 thing but none of them ever did. It is-----simply islamo Nazi propaganda. Saddam was, indeed, a supporter of terrorism ------and he FUNDED it and also encouraged it by financially rewarding the families of suicide sluts. Saddam was a psychopath of long standing----his actions revealed that fact way back in the 1960s ------he was murdering people for "political" """reasons""""

W laid out a broad case for the invasion, Democrats boiled it down to "stockpiles" in history. But I don't remember W or his homeys claiming Iraq was behind 9/11 and I clearly remember the attack and aftermath. What about you?

This thread is not about whether you supported the war, it's about W's justification for doing it and the ensuing national discussion about why we were doing it.

Also, this thread is not about whether you believe the case made was sincere or if there were ulterior motives. It's about the case that was made, period

You don't remember and neither do I because that wasn't the reason they invaded.

It was all about the WMD's that every intelligence agency in the world said Iraq still had.

We knew who was behind 9-11 at it wasn't Iraq though Iraq did give aid to AQ.

Nope those wars were all about the WMD's and were approved by both houses of Congress. The Dems as well as the Reps though some Dems have memory issues when it comes to what they approved.

W laid out a broad case for the invasion, Democrats boiled it down to "stockpiles" in history. But I don't remember W or his homeys claiming Iraq was behind 9/11 and I clearly remember the attack and aftermath. What about you?

This thread is not about whether you supported the war, it's about W's justification for doing it and the ensuing national discussion about why we were doing it.

Also, this thread is not about whether you believe the case made was sincere or if there were ulterior motives. It's about the case that was made, period

You don't remember and neither do I because that wasn't the reason they invaded.

It was all about the WMD's that every intelligence agency in the world said Iraq still had.

They did? Do you have links to all of them saying that? Our own intelligence agencies were not saying that.

Iraq war: the greatest intelligence failure in living memory

The UN inspector, Hans Blix wasn't saying that.

There were about 700 inspections, and in no case did we find weapons of mass destruction," said Hans Blix, the Swedish diplomat called out of retirement to serve as the United Nations' chief weapons inspector from 2000 to 2003; from 1981 to 1997 he headed the International Atomic Energy Agency. "We went to sites [in Iraq] given to us by intelligence, and only in three cases did we find something" - a stash of nuclear documents, some Vulcan boosters, and several empty warheads for chemical weapons. More inspections were required to determine whether these findings were the "tip of the iceberg" or simply fragments remaining from that deadly iceberg's past destruction, Blix said he told the United Nations Security Council. However, his work in Iraq was cut short when the United States and the United Kingdom took disarmament into their own hands in March of last year.

Blix accused U.S. President George W. Bush and U.K. Prime Minister Tony Blair of acting not in bad faith, but with a severe lack of "critical thinking."

Uh yeah we did...we had a freaking memo before it happened saying it was going to happen, but that didn't stop the Bush administration from trying to tie 9/11 with Iraq.

Do you have a link to this "aid and comfort" that Saddam Hussein gave AQ?

Nope those wars were all about the WMD's and were approved by both houses of Congress. The Dems as well as the Reps though some Dems have memory issues when it comes to what they approved.

Nope, that invasion was about faulty intelligence intentionally used to lie us into invading a country that posed no threat to us.

They did? Do you have links to all of them saying that? Our own intelligence agencies were not saying that.

There were about 700 inspections, and in no case did we find weapons of mass destruction," said Hans Blix, the Swedish diplomat called out of retirement to serve as the United Nations' chief weapons inspector from 2000 to 2003; from 1981 to 1997 he headed the International Atomic Energy Agency. "We went to sites [in Iraq] given to us by intelligence, and only in three cases did we find something" - a stash of nuclear documents, some Vulcan boosters, and several empty warheads for chemical weapons. More inspections were required to determine whether these findings were the "tip of the iceberg" or simply fragments remaining from that deadly iceberg's past destruction, Blix said he told the United Nations Security Council. However, his work in Iraq was cut short when the United States and the United Kingdom took disarmament into their own hands in March of last year.

Blix accused U.S. President George W. Bush and U.K. Prime Minister Tony Blair of acting not in bad faith, but with a severe lack of "critical thinking."

Uh yeah we did...we had a freaking memo before it happened saying it was going to happen, but that didn't stop the Bush administration from trying to tie 9/11 with Iraq.

Nope, that invasion was about faulty intelligence intentionally used to lie us into invading a country that posed no threat to us.

You're still running the same treadmill. We need a better middle east policy. One that doesn't involve American troops being all over their shit. The finger pointing exercise has to stop. You're right, Republicans are guilty. And they're right that Democrats are just as guilty. Why don't you be the first to man up to your actions and say wow, the difference is we learned from it. Right now, clearly, you haven't. You're still fighting the Iraq war

You are so full of shit.

That war was fought with the approval of Congress using the intel that every major intelligence agency in the world had.

No one lied. You just can't get over the fact that your Dem heroes voted for the war just like the Reps did.

How many started screaming about false intelligence after the Fact?? Why just about every Dem Obama and Hilbat included.

Get over it. The war was fought and won and you're bellyaching won't ever change that fact.

You are so full of shit.

That war was fought with the approval of Congress using the intel that every major intelligence agency in the world had.

No one lied. You just can't get over the fact that your Dem heroes voted for the war just like the Reps did.

How many started screaming about false intelligence after the Fact?? Why just about every Dem Obama and Hilbat included.

Get over it. The war was fought and won and you're bellyaching won't ever change that fact.

Seawych is still pounding the big lie of the Iraq war, the Democrats saying they were lied to. A bunch of babies without the ability to own up to their own actions

You are so full of shit.

Seawych is still pounding the big lie of the Iraq war, the Democrats saying they were lied to. A bunch of babies without the ability to own up to their own actions

I agree. They act like a pack of camp fire girls with their skirts on fire.

Its easier to accept the lie than the truth. Must hurt like hell when the truth hits them in the chops.

Every intelligence agency said Saddam had WMDs? Really? that's a claim and a half you'll never prove. In fact the CIA had to work extremely hard to even make links.
First they put a guy in front of the Senate who hadn't even been in Iraq for more than ten years, then they had the CIA go find "information" from guys who knew guys who knew guys and then made massive assumptions about bad intelligence then went to the president or his puppet master and said "you can use this to prove stuff that ain't true".

You are so full of shit.

Its easier to accept the lie than the truth. Must hurt like hell when the truth hits them in the chops.

"the Truth" being whatever it is you want to believe then?

Most non-Americans were shouting false intelligence BEFORE the war.

You are so full of shit.

"the Truth" being whatever it is you want to believe then?

Most non-Americans were shouting false intelligence BEFORE the war.

bull, more revisionist lies

I opposed the invasion, but your lies aren't why. Democrats learned nothing

The first I heard about any link between Iraq and 911 was when democrats said that republicans believed there was.

Iraq's possession if wmds came from the British. When Hussein had that caravan of trucks go to Syria that was the likely disposition if wmds.

Nope was never dumb enough to believe the lies of the Dubya regime.

If you read the poll, only Bulldog said he was. So how did W lie us into a war then if no one believed him? And how are Democrats not lying then when they authorized the fiasco?

Forum List

Back