At What Point Did You Decide That You Were Against Obama No Matter What?

Your point is ridiculous and shows you haven't looked at the laws that are widely supported. It's just more windbag well above the quantum level.

The bills that were widely supported? Like the PATRIOT Act? Are you saying that was a good law?

I said normal Senate business involving bills that were without controversy. Denying reality isn't going to change what the Republicans did. You are only going to cater to right-wing fools and you can't deny the stats on filibusters or the fact that the Republicans changed the rules, because they thought they had a chance to gain control of the Senate and didn't want the same thing done to them.

I said that bills that are widely supported are bad, you challenged me. I repeated my statement, you are now trying to move the goalposts. As I already pointed out, the less business the government does, the better off we, as citizens, are. You aren't going to get me to change that by whinging.

Your point is ridiculous and shows you haven't looked at the laws that are widely supported. It's just more windbag well above the quantum level.

The bills that were widely supported? Like the PATRIOT Act? Are you saying that was a good law?

The patriot act was reactionary and a different matter altogether. It wasn't bad because it had support.

It was bad because it was opposed by the only man in the Senate at the time that cared about our freedom.

The patriot act was reactionary and a different matter altogether. It wasn't bad because it had support.
The Republicans and their false equivalency, every. single. time.

It never fails.

*SMH*

Marc and his incessant need to label people.

When are you going to learn that I am not a Republican?

Clearly, this is directed to The Republicans and self-proclaimed Conservatives of USMB.

When, exactly, did you realize that you really didn't like Obama and were going to be against him no matter what?

I'll answer the question in the reverse as an example. Some years ago, when Bush was first elected, I disliked him. I didn't like what he stood for, didn't like what he said, I didn't even like the way he sounded, he sounds dumb and he's proven himself to be such. Anyway, I wasn't totally or automatically against him. What turned me against him permanently, was what he did with the good will of The American People after the country was attacked.

He lied about the WMDs, he kept the country in state of constant fear, and he waged two unnecessary wars. To top it off, he didn't pay for it at the time and sent the bill to our kids and grandkids.

To be precise, from the instant he began that fear campaign war campaign, he lost me forever. I will NEVER forgive him for that.

So, when did you Republicans, Conservatives and other assorted RWers of USMB decide to be against Obama no matter what?

C'mon, be honest.
OP, looks like you are looking for an intelligent, thoughtful answer. It's highly unlikely you are going to get one from this crowd. They hate him simply because he is a democrat and hate him even more because he is black. There is nothing that I have read from anyone in this group that belies that fact.

Why don't you explain how the Senate works and if it doesn't match the simple facts that can be found in sources like wiki, then you're going to get called out for lying about it?

I ask you to explain why what Harry Reid has been doing for the two years isn't obstructing government and your response is a demand that I explain how the Senate works?

So basically you don't want to even address what Reid has done? Because it doesn't jive with your progressive narrative that it's the GOP that obstructs government and NOT the Democrats? He's currently sitting on over 40 House bills that he hasn't allowed on the Senate floor for discussion. Explain why THAT isn't obstruction of the democratic process?

I gave you the answer, but you want to avoid it, because you damned well know Reid hasn't done anything to obstruct the Senate.

So not allowing over 40 bills to come to the floor of the Senate...even for discussion let alone a vote...doesn't count as obstruction in your book? Interesting concept...

The truth of the matter, Dubya...is that Harry Reid has become a one man filibuster...he's deciding what bills will and won't be voted on ALL BY HIMSELF. He's made a conscious decision to block GOP legislation from even coming up for a vote so that Democrats won't be on record FOR THOSE VOTES! That's not only obstructionist...it's cowardly.

Clearly, this is directed to The Republicans and self-proclaimed Conservatives of USMB.

When, exactly, did you realize that you really didn't like Obama and were going to be against him no matter what?

I'll answer the question in the reverse as an example. Some years ago, when Bush was first elected, I disliked him. I didn't like what he stood for, didn't like what he said, I didn't even like the way he sounded, he sounds dumb and he's proven himself to be such. Anyway, I wasn't totally or automatically against him. What turned me against him permanently, was what he did with the good will of The American People after the country was attacked.

He lied about the WMDs, he kept the country in state of constant fear, and he waged two unnecessary wars. To top it off, he didn't pay for it at the time and sent the bill to our kids and grandkids.

To be precise, from the instant he began that fear campaign war campaign, he lost me forever. I will NEVER forgive him for that.

So, when did you Republicans, Conservatives and other assorted RWers of USMB decide to be against Obama no matter what?

C'mon, be honest.
OP, looks like you are looking for an intelligent, thoughtful answer. It's highly unlikely you are going to get one from this crowd. They hate him simply because he is a democrat and hate him even more because he is black. There is nothing that I have read from anyone in this group that belies that fact.

And yet another board liberal plays the "race card"! Yup...sure is a good thing that liberals don't do that anymore!!! Too funny...

C'mon, be honest.

And yet another board liberal plays the "race card"! Yup...sure is a good thing that liberals don't do that anymore!!! Too funny...
I'm not playing any 'race card.' The racism toward Obama by you people is patently obvious. I can't imagine who you think you are fooling by saying it isn't there. It is there is bright neon lights. You can say not so until your dying breath, but the only ones who may believe it are yourselves. The racism toward him by the right wingers here is consistent, vitriolic, insidious and absolutely disgusting. You're all very, very pathetic.

C'mon, be honest.

Bush didn't lie about WMDs. He spent the better part of a year arguing for the initial invasion of Iraq and most credible sources believed Saddam had them. It wasn't as simple as "Saddam played a gotcha on US foreign intelligence" -- Saddam, left unchecked, would've acquired them. But the whole business that Bush just lied about WMDs just to get us into war has never been true.

To answer your question: I'm not opposed to Obama no matter what. Most people aren't. If they're Republican, they naturally wont agree with him on a variety of issues.

I'm not playing any 'race card.' The racism toward Obama by you people is patently obvious. I can't imagine who you think you are fooling by saying it isn't there. It is there is bright neon lights. You can say not so until your dying breath, but the only ones who may believe it are yourselves. The racism toward him by the right wingers here is consistent, vitriolic, insidious and absolutely disgusting. You're all very, very pathetic.

we get it. You hate white people.

C'mon, be honest.

so you joined THIS MONTH and know this about everybody huh?
aren't you just special..

You shouldn't have asked.

filibuster-chart-61-12.jpg

filibuster chart - Google Search
Have you noticed you're getting your ass kicked here? No? It figures.

Have you noticed you have avoided the evidence of the Republican obstruction of government? Any honest Republican knows it has happened. You were asked why the new rules for filibuster went into effect in January and they required the Republicans support to pass. The Senate can't be obstructed the way it was for 3 Congresses, so figure out the obvious. Lying about things on the internet doesn't win a discussion the way you think it does. Denying facts only proves you have lost credibility.

that is what happens in a republic.

Don't like it? go to China you blithering idiotic commie.

it's time to change your tampon BTW

Last edited:

C'mon, be honest.

I am not going to speak for others, but I don't "Hate" Obama as a person.

Hate is too strong an emotion to waste on person that you don't know personally. He may be a fantastic Husband and Father, a friend who would give you the last $5 in his pocket or the shirt off his back.

I don't know Obama as a person, I only know him as a Politician, and that is the side of Obama I don't like.

I don't like his public policies. I don't like the lies that he has told to push those policies. I don't like his plan to make illegal my guns.

But to say I hate him.. That is a typical left wing comment, ascribing a position to others without real evidence, but to demonize them because they simply disagree with your politically.

but to demonize them because they simply disagree with your politically.

He does this,people that do this to get ahead have little moral fortitude. He is just another slick politician,not what we need.

It was bad because it was opposed by the only man in the Senate at the time that cared about our freedom.

So you're revoking your position? Now this senator-god decides the difference between right and wrong?

Have you noticed you're getting your ass kicked here? No? It figures.

Have you noticed you have avoided the evidence of the Republican obstruction of government? Any honest Republican knows it has happened. You were asked why the new rules for filibuster went into effect in January and they required the Republicans support to pass. The Senate can't be obstructed the way it was for 3 Congresses, so figure out the obvious. Lying about things on the internet doesn't win a discussion the way you think it does. Denying facts only proves you have lost credibility.

that is what happens in a republic.

Don't like it? go to China you blithering idiotic commie.

it's time to change your tampon BTW

That's what happens when an unscrupulous political party abuses the rules of the Senate and then decides to change the rules when they believe they have a chance to get control of the Senate and don't want the same practices done to them.

You support the party behaving like communists and they were the party that opened up China, so why don't you go there? You behave just like the commies and have no respect for the majority of Americans.

For me, it was during the campaign in 2008 when he said he was going to fundamentally transform America. Into WHAT?

Now we know.

I ask you to explain why what Harry Reid has been doing for the two years isn't obstructing government and your response is a demand that I explain how the Senate works?

So basically you don't want to even address what Reid has done? Because it doesn't jive with your progressive narrative that it's the GOP that obstructs government and NOT the Democrats? He's currently sitting on over 40 House bills that he hasn't allowed on the Senate floor for discussion. Explain why THAT isn't obstruction of the democratic process?

I gave you the answer, but you want to avoid it, because you damned well know Reid hasn't done anything to obstruct the Senate.

So not allowing over 40 bills to come to the floor of the Senate...even for discussion let alone a vote...doesn't count as obstruction in your book? Interesting concept...

The truth of the matter, Dubya...is that Harry Reid has become a one man filibuster...he's deciding what bills will and won't be voted on ALL BY HIMSELF. He's made a conscious decision to block GOP legislation from even coming up for a vote so that Democrats won't be on record FOR THOSE VOTES! That's not only obstructionist...it's cowardly.

The leaders of the parties in the Senate come together to make a schedule, but when one of those leaders will filibuster his own bill, it's obvious who is wasting the Senate's time. It's obvious there was no interest in having legislation presented to be voted on and that is the obstruction. If Reid didn't want to pass a Republican bill, then the other Democrats probably wouldn't want to pass the bill, too. Reid doesn't have to keep the bill off the floor, he can vote it away. The obstruction tactic was used by the minority to keep legislation off the floor. The fact that the Majority Leader has the final say in setting the schedule for the Senate is meaningless in discussing obstruction. That's been the Majority Leader's job, so Reid isn't an exception. Don't you think they make deals to put legislation up for a vote without obstruction? You can't make a deal if the other side isn't willing and the Republicans weren't willing to do anything, but obstruct the Senate.

That's why you were told to look up how the Senate does business and you knew Reid was doing the same job any Senate Majority Leader would do. You are making a bogus argument and you know it.

The leaders of the parties in the Senate come together to make a schedule, but when one of those leaders will filibuster his own bill, it's obvious who is wasting the Senate's time. It's obvious there was no interest in having legislation presented to be voted on and that is the obstruction. If Reid didn't want to pass a Republican bill, then the other Democrats probably wouldn't want to pass the bill, too. Reid doesn't have to keep the bill off the floor, he can vote it away. The obstruction tactic was used by the minority to keep legislation off the floor. The fact that the Majority Leader has the final say in setting the schedule for the Senate is meaningless in discussing obstruction. That's been the Majority Leader's job, so Reid isn't an exception. Don't you think they make deals to put legislation up for a vote without obstruction? You can't make a deal if the other side isn't willing and the Republicans weren't willing to do anything, but obstruct the Senate.

That's why you were told to look up how the Senate does business and you knew Reid was doing the same job any Senate Majority Leader would do. You are making a bogus argument and you know it.

Reid didn't vote bills away. That WOULD be democratic. What he did was prevent bills from being voted on by not allowing them to come to the Senate floor. Now why would a majority leader not want bills to come to the floor when his party controls the Senate? What possible reason could there be?

The answer to those questions are quite simple. Harry Reid didn't want the votes of his fellow Democrats to be on record opposing measures that would have put people back to work. That would be poison in an election year. So would voting for a budget that has massive amounts of deficit spending. How does Harry Reid handle that? Simple. He doesn't pass a budget in the Senate. For two years. That isn't what any Senate Majority Leader would do! That's what THIS Senate Majority Leader has done.

And if that wasn't sleazy enough? While he's done it...he's accused Republicans of being obstructionists. It takes a certain kind of chutzpah to pull that off...chutzpah and a compliant main stream media that goes along with the narrative you're "selling".

Reid didn't vote bills away. That WOULD be democratic. What he did was prevent bills from being voted on by not allowing them to come to the Senate floor. Now why would a majority leader not want bills to come to the floor when his party controls the Senate? What possible reason could there be?

The answer to those questions are quite simple. Harry Reid didn't want the votes of his fellow Democrats to be on record opposing measures that would have put people back to work. That would be poison in an election year. So would voting for a budget that has massive amounts of deficit spending. How does Harry Reid handle that? Simple. He doesn't pass a budget in the Senate. For two years. That isn't what any Senate Majority Leader would do! That's what THIS Senate Majority Leader has done.

And if that wasn't sleazy enough? While he's done it...he's accused Republicans of being obstructionists. It takes a certain kind of chutzpah to pull that off...chutzpah and a compliant main stream media that goes along with the narrative you're "selling".

Name a bill that Republicans wanted that Reid prevented and it would have passed the Senate! The Republicans didn't have legislation held up that the majority of Senators supported. Don't you know that the Senate's time can also be wasted by have endless bills proposed by a minority party that have no chance of passing? You can do it with endless amendments requiring debate and vote too. The Republicans were the only obstruction and you think making up bullshit is going to convince anyone differently?

Name a bill that Republicans wanted that Reid prevented and it would have passed the Senate! The Republicans didn't have legislation held up that the majority of Senators supported. Don't you know that the Senate's time can also be wasted by have endless bills proposed by a minority party that have no chance of passing? You can do it with endless amendments requiring debate and vote too. The Republicans were the only obstruction and you think making up bullshit is going to convince anyone differently?

Just because a bill may not pass in the form it was sent over from the House doesn't mean that it shouldn't be brought to the Senate floor and debated. The Senate's "job" is to take what the House sends them, debate the parts of it that they don't agree with and then work out a compromise or totally reject it. That is the way our system is supposed to work but it hasn't for years now under Harry Reid's "leadership". Mister Reid is more concerned with protecting his fellow Democratic Senator's re-election efforts by shielding them from voting AGAINST legislation that would have put people back to work and from having to vote FOR a budget that had huge deficits and no spending cuts.

You actually have the gall to declare that Harry Reid tabled all those House bills and prevented budgets from being voted on because he didn't want to waste the Senate's time? What are they THERE for if not to deal with EXACTLY those things?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back