Atheism Is Not A Religion!!!

So, people actually build tenets, dogma and a belief system around the rejection of Bigfoot?
There you go again with silly analogies, likely generated by your observance of the dogma of the Atheist Pope Dawkins. Not one of the things you use in the silly analogies has any significant resemblance to God. They are just imaginary physical creatures and things that exist in individual minds only.

Sounds to me like you're a religious atheist. Thanks for making my point.

Couldn't come up with any, huh? Just like the clicking noises your keyboard makes? There's no such thing as a religious atheist.

Maybe a militant atheist but not a religious one.

And notice a "militant" atheist is one who passionately debates a theist that there is no god, god is unnecessary and in a lot of cases god is not good for people. Just look at the Muslims in Syria and Iraq. How's god doing for them?

We don't bomb churches or start wars over there being no god.

God is necessary if you seek eternal life in His Kingdom. If that doesn't interest you then He's allowed you to reject Him. You may want to stock up on plenty of sun block.

Its saying stuff like this that makes you theists look/sound really stupid. You are brainwashed dummy. Sun block. HA!

I would have to believe your pedophile priests to swallow that one.

So, people actually build tenets, dogma and a belief system around the rejection of Bigfoot?
There you go again with silly analogies, likely generated by your observance of the dogma of the Atheist Pope Dawkins. Not one of the things you use in the silly analogies has any significant resemblance to God. They are just imaginary physical creatures and things that exist in individual minds only.

Couldn't come up with any, huh? Just like the clicking noises your keyboard makes? There's no such thing as a religious atheist.

And notice a "militant" atheist is one who passionately debates a theist that there is no god, god is unnecessary and in a lot of cases god is not good for people. Just look at the Muslims in Syria and Iraq. How's god doing for them?

God is necessary if you seek eternal life in His Kingdom. If that doesn't interest you then He's allowed you to reject Him. You may want to stock up on plenty of sun block.

Do you really believe god talked to adam? Noah lived 350 years? Jonah lived 3 days in the belly of a whale? Mary was a virgin?

If those are allegories, so is the entire Jesus story. Sorry to break it to you. Does this mean you are going to start raping and stealing?

Its saying stuff like this that makes you theists look/sound really stupid. You are brainwashed dummy. Sun block. HA!

Fear-mongering has never worked on me! :banana:

Fear-mongering has never worked on me! :banana:

Where are you going to put all that guilt you have for all that sin you do?

Atheism CAN be a religion if the tenets of atheism are followed religiously.

Well no, atheism cannot be a religion. There are no specific tenets for atheists.

I think the point is, atheism can become the focus of a religion - you can build tenets, dogma and a belief system around rejection of theism. But that doesn't make the general concept of atheism a religion, any more than building a religion around sex would make all sexual activity a religion.

Agreed.

DriftingSand. Can I PM you ?

Sure thing!!!

I think the point is, atheism can become the focus of a religion - you can build tenets, dogma and a belief system around rejection of theism. But that doesn't make the general concept of atheism a religion, any more than building a religion around sex would make all sexual activity a religion.

Some may very well do just that. The world is full of religions. Some spend their entire life diligently trying to prove that God doesn't exist. It's an obsession with many. For them, the rejection of God IS a religion. They read anti-God books; they think anti-God thoughts; the preach anti-God messages; and some even go so far as to purposely live in a manner that's diametrically opposed to the written Word of God.

There may be many religions, but atheism isn't one of them.

Who are these "many" people you speak of?

Read Humanist Manifesto 1. They refer to themselves as "religious Humanists." Yup ... it's a fact.

That's a contradiction in terms.

You'll have to get after the numerous atheists that signed the document. Put on your reading glasses because there are many.

Let say for your sake there was a Christian/Judean god. He sends millions upon millions of good people to helll simply because they did not believe in him or they were worshipping the wong god. He also lets millions of bad people into heaven simply because they repent their actions and ask for forgiveness. Now ask me if I want to spend eternity with a schmuck like that.

Let say for your sake there was a Christian/Judean god. He sends millions upon millions of good people to helll simply because they did not believe in him or they were worshipping the wong god. He also lets millions of bad people into heaven simply because they repent their actions and ask for forgiveness. Now ask me if I want to spend eternity with a schmuck like that.

Fortunately for all of us He gave us the power of choice. If you would rather wallow around in a lake of fire with a true schmuck like Satan then have at it. Enjoy.

By the way ... the "Judeo" god isn't the same as the Christian God. The Christian God is Jesus Christ -- a God rejected by the followers of Judaism.

'The philosophy or life stance of secular humanism (alternatively known by some adherents as Humanism, specifically with a capital H to distinguish it from other forms of humanism) embraces human reason, ethics, and philosophical naturalism while specifically rejecting religious dogma, supernaturalism, pseudoscience, or superstition as the basis of morality and decision making."

Secular humanism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I bet you think you proved him wrong.

Hint, you didn't.

Prove that all the other gods ever described don't exist. Either you believe in all of them or show me proof that they do not exist. I love using people's own argument against them. Oh and until you provide proof, shut up.

Prove that I believe something before you demand I prove something silly just to satisfy your idiotic ramblings.

Stop calling things Judeo/Christian. Christians think Jews who deny Jesus aren't going to heaven. Some think Jews who were good will get a last minute reprieve but Jesus said only through him and Jews deny he was the messiah there is no denying that. There were no Jews on the Mayflower and I don't think any of the founding fathers were name Washingtonberg.

Prove that all the other gods ever described don't exist. Either you believe in all of them or show me proof that they do not exist. I love using people's own argument against them. Oh and until you provide proof, shut up.

Prove that I believe something before you demand I prove something silly just to satisfy your idiotic ramblings.

He/She has you on this one.

It is NOT a religion, and if you keep saying it is, I'm going to start my own tax exempt church, and start pounding on your door at dinner time.

Seriously, it sounds ridiculous when you say it.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    "ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
    synonyms:faith, belief, worship, creed; More
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

Here is another thought. If atheism is "just another religion", how come you hate us so much?

Why doesn't it bother you all those other religions are making shit up? Maybe it is their fault we don't believe? Maybe if there weren't 20 different versions of god it would seem more credible?

Think about it. They took a poll and atheists were the least trusted group. No where in there did people say Mormons or Muslims.

Get it? People would rather vote for a Mormon or Muslim or any other religion rather than an Atheist.

This should tell you we aren't "just another religion".

Theists have this unspoken truce with each other. You don't publically call out my religion for being bullshit and we won't formally and officially call your religion out. At least not out in public.

Well no, atheism cannot be a religion. There are no specific tenets for atheists.

Yet some atheist treat is as a religion, a fact which you are always willing to ignore to maintain your faith in a world that doesn't really exist.

No, it's the other way around. Christian's want to classify atheism as a religion so they can bring it down to their level of witchcraft and wizardry.

Yet some atheist treat is as a religion, a fact which you are always willing to ignore to maintain your faith in a world that doesn't really exist.

No, it's the other way around. Christian's want to classify atheism as a religion so they can bring it down to their level of witchcraft and wizardry.

Notice traditional Christians don't mind when Mormons, other Christians, Muslims or Jews tell them they aren't doing it right but when us atheists say their god is a joke they get all bent out of shape?

So they want us to be "just another religion", rather than the one truth and that truth is there is no god.

Forum List

Back