Atheism Is Not A Religion!!!

There you go again with silly analogies, likely generated by your observance of the dogma of the Atheist Pope Dawkins. Not one of the things you use in the silly analogies has any significant resemblance to God. They are just imaginary physical creatures and things that exist in individual minds only.

Sounds to me like you're a religious atheist. Thanks for making my point.

Couldn't come up with any, huh? Just like the clicking noises your keyboard makes? There's no such thing as a religious atheist.

Maybe a militant atheist but not a religious one.

And notice a "militant" atheist is one who passionately debates a theist that there is no god, god is unnecessary and in a lot of cases god is not good for people. Just look at the Muslims in Syria and Iraq. How's god doing for them?

We don't bomb churches or start wars over there being no god.

God is necessary if you seek eternal life in His Kingdom. If that doesn't interest you then He's allowed you to reject Him. You may want to stock up on plenty of sun block.
Let say for your sake there was a Christian/Judean god. He sends millions upon millions of good people to helll simply because they did not believe in him or they were worshipping the wong god. He also lets millions of bad people into heaven simply because they repent their actions and ask for forgiveness. Now ask me if I want to spend eternity with a schmuck like that.
lets see.....should I spend eternity in heaven with a god you don't like or spend it in hell with you.......how long do I have to make up my mind?.......

It is NOT a religion, and if you keep saying it is, I'm going to start my own tax exempt church, and start pounding on your door at dinner time.

Seriously, it sounds ridiculous when you say it.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    "ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
    synonyms:faith, belief, worship, creed; More
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

Here is another thought. If atheism is "just another religion", how come you hate us so much?

its the lawsuits......

No they didn't.

The case has been posted in this thread more than once so I won't repost if, but Kaufman v McCaughtry was a case filed by an atheist in order to practice his religion in prison. If you don't believe me, look it up.

A religious form is the only form they had available for his atheist study group. That does not make atheism a religion.

Couldn't come up with any, huh? Just like the clicking noises your keyboard makes? There's no such thing as a religious atheist.

And notice a "militant" atheist is one who passionately debates a theist that there is no god, god is unnecessary and in a lot of cases god is not good for people. Just look at the Muslims in Syria and Iraq. How's god doing for them?

God is necessary if you seek eternal life in His Kingdom. If that doesn't interest you then He's allowed you to reject Him. You may want to stock up on plenty of sun block.
Let say for your sake there was a Christian/Judean god. He sends millions upon millions of good people to helll simply because they did not believe in him or they were worshipping the wong god. He also lets millions of bad people into heaven simply because they repent their actions and ask for forgiveness. Now ask me if I want to spend eternity with a schmuck like that.
lets see.....should I spend eternity in heaven with a god you don't like or spend it in hell with you.......how long do I have to make up my mind?.......
Don't forget that your god is sending the vast majority of good people that ever existed to hell. It tells a lot about someone like yourself,doesn't it. It's a good thing I don't believe in something that wretched but it would be worse to believe in it and champion that kind of realm.

Atheism CAN be a religion if the tenets of atheism are followed religiously.

Well no, atheism cannot be a religion. There are no specific tenets for atheists.

I think the point is, atheism can become the focus of a religion - you can build tenets, dogma and a belief system around rejection of theism. But that doesn't make the general concept of atheism a religion, any more than building a religion around sex would make all sexual activity a religion.

Agreed.

DriftingSand. Can I PM you ?

Sure thing!!!
But I can't. When I tried, a message came up saying > "ERROR. This member limits who may view their full profile."

No, it's the other way around. Christian's want to classify atheism as a religion so they can bring it down to their level of witchcraft and wizardry.

Which explains why atheist went to court to get their beliefs declared a religion.

An atheist went to court. Did he have a consensus of all atheists on earth agreeing with his position?

Well no, atheism cannot be a religion. There are no specific tenets for atheists.

I think the point is, atheism can become the focus of a religion - you can build tenets, dogma and a belief system around rejection of theism. But that doesn't make the general concept of atheism a religion, any more than building a religion around sex would make all sexual activity a religion.

Agreed.

Sure thing!!!
But I can't. When I tried, a message came up saying > "ERROR. This member limits who may view their full profile."

I'll try to open that up. This new software/format is really tough to deal with but I should be able to figure it out ... eventually.

Don't forget that your god is sending the vast majority of good people that ever existed to hell. It tells a lot about someone like yourself,doesn't it. It's a good thing I don't believe in something that wretched but it would be worse to believe in it and champion that kind of realm.
no one is going to hell who isn't choosing to go there instead of spending eternity "with a schmuck like that".....why are you blaming him for your choice?......

No, it's the other way around. Christian's want to classify atheism as a religion so they can bring it down to their level of witchcraft and wizardry.

Which explains why atheist went to court to get their beliefs declared a religion.

An atheist went to court. Did he have a consensus of all atheists on earth agreeing with his position?
as I recall, Q's position is that for some, atheism has been elevated to a religion......that doesn't mean all atheists have to.......considering all that you have done to defend your faith, its obvious that you at least, treat it as a religion......

no one is going to hell who isn't choosing to go there instead of spending eternity "with a schmuck like that".....why are you blaming him for your choice?......

This is akin to my holding a gun to your head and telling you if you don't accept me as your friend and I am going to blow your brains out. And then blaming you when I pull the trigger because it was your choice.

This is akin to my holding a gun to your head and telling you if you don't accept me as your friend and I am going to blow your brains out. And then blaming you when I pull the trigger because it was your choice.

Which sounds suspiciously like the logic behind civil rights laws (apologies for the non sequitur)

as I recall, Q's position is that for some, atheism has been elevated to a religion......that doesn't mean all atheists have to.......considering all that you have done to defend your faith, its obvious that you at least, treat it as a religion......

Apparently, you're just as ignorant as Q. That's a made up definition. No one is treating atheism as a religion (except for irrational theists), because it's not one.

Last edited:

You don't get to decide.

Agreed.

Sure thing!!!

I'll try to open that up. This new software/format is really tough to deal with but I should be able to figure it out ... eventually.

Why don't you take your personal software problems over to the Announcements and Feedback section?

Announcements and Feedback US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Why don't you take your personal software problems over to the Announcements and Feedback section?

Announcements and Feedback US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Don't feel like it.

Forum List

Back