Atheism Is Not A Religion!!!

No, it's the other way around. Christian's want to classify atheism as a religion so they can bring it down to their level of witchcraft and wizardry.

Which explains why atheist went to court to get their beliefs declared a religion.

An atheist went to court. Did he have a consensus of all atheists on earth agreeing with his position?
as I recall, Q's position is that for some, atheism has been elevated to a religion......that doesn't mean all atheists have to.......considering all that you have done to defend your faith, its obvious that you at least, treat it as a religion......

You mean like Brazilians treat soccer as a religion?

This is akin to my holding a gun to your head and telling you if you don't accept me as your friend and I am going to blow your brains out. And then blaming you when I pull the trigger because it was your choice.

That applies only if you can prove the Bible defines Hell the way you do.

Apparently, you're just as ignorant as Q. That's a made up definition. No one is treating atheism as a religion (except for irrational theists), because it's not one.

Yet there are churches that treat atheism as a religion, despite your insistence that it is not one. Have you ever considered the possibility that your views do not define those other atheists have?

Once you have decided that not believing in something is a religion, then the term religion becomes meaningless.

Once you have decided you get to tell others they cannot believe something simply because it is different from what you believe you become a tyrant.

Once you have decided that not believing in something is a religion, then the term religion becomes meaningless.

That's really the crux of it.

Fuck it, let's cut the chase. Let's talk about the real reason the "atheism is a religion" schtick is so appealing to the fundies. The ugly truth is, ironically, they suffer from the delusion that atheists are smarter than they are. Nevermind that your typical atheist doesn't actually think this way. The loudmouths and the proselytizers amongst the non-believer crowd have provoked them, and now insecure Christians are obsessed with this idea that atheists think they're stupid.

So they revert to the playground rhetoric of "I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I?" - insisting that atheists are just as "religious" as they are. But as you point out, this basically makes the entire concept of faith and religion meaningless. By their (new) conception of religion any and all beliefs are equally "religious" - and no more profound or meaningful than non-belief. It's really kind of sad to see.

Yes because that guy doesn't speak for all atheists.

That would only be a point if you can show where I said he did. Since I never said that, all you did was show how desperate you are to look stupid.

Then you made a pointless post. The only possible point your post would have had is that the atheist guy who claimed atheism was a religion contributed to the argument that atheism is a religion,

which it doesn't.

No, it's the other way around. Christian's want to classify atheism as a religion so they can bring it down to their level of witchcraft and wizardry.

Which explains why atheist went to court to get their beliefs declared a religion.

An atheist went to court. Did he have a consensus of all atheists on earth agreeing with his position?
as I recall, Q's position is that for some, atheism has been elevated to a religion......that doesn't mean all atheists have to.......considering all that you have done to defend your faith, its obvious that you at least, treat it as a religion......

Apparently, you're just as ignorant as Q. That's a made up definition. No one is treating atheism as a religion (except for irrational theists), because it's not one.

can something have apologetics and not be a religion?.....

Couldn't come up with any, huh? Just like the clicking noises your keyboard makes? There's no such thing as a religious atheist.

Maybe a militant atheist but not a religious one.

And notice a "militant" atheist is one who passionately debates a theist that there is no god, god is unnecessary and in a lot of cases god is not good for people. Just look at the Muslims in Syria and Iraq. How's god doing for them?

We don't bomb churches or start wars over there being no god.

God is necessary if you seek eternal life in His Kingdom. If that doesn't interest you then He's allowed you to reject Him. You may want to stock up on plenty of sun block.
Let say for your sake there was a Christian/Judean god. He sends millions upon millions of good people to helll simply because they did not believe in him or they were worshipping the wong god. He also lets millions of bad people into heaven simply because they repent their actions and ask for forgiveness. Now ask me if I want to spend eternity with a schmuck like that.
lets see.....should I spend eternity in heaven with a god you don't like or spend it in hell with you.......how long do I have to make up my mind?.......

You don't get to decide.
that's going to disappoint Tuatara......he may end up with an eternity of heaven against his will......

Once you have decided you get to tell others they cannot believe something simply because it is different from what you believe you become a tyrant.

You can believe that your grandmother had legitimate psychic powers to predict the future,

but the fact that many of us might dispute that does not deny her the right to believe so, or anyone else to believe so.

Couldn't come up with any, huh? Just like the clicking noises your keyboard makes? There's no such thing as a religious atheist.

Maybe a militant atheist but not a religious one.

And notice a "militant" atheist is one who passionately debates a theist that there is no god, god is unnecessary and in a lot of cases god is not good for people. Just look at the Muslims in Syria and Iraq. How's god doing for them?

We don't bomb churches or start wars over there being no god.

God is necessary if you seek eternal life in His Kingdom. If that doesn't interest you then He's allowed you to reject Him. You may want to stock up on plenty of sun block.
Let say for your sake there was a Christian/Judean god. He sends millions upon millions of good people to helll simply because they did not believe in him or they were worshipping the wong god. He also lets millions of bad people into heaven simply because they repent their actions and ask for forgiveness. Now ask me if I want to spend eternity with a schmuck like that.
lets see.....should I spend eternity in heaven with a god you don't like or spend it in hell with you.......how long do I have to make up my mind?.......

You don't get to decide.
This is akin to my holding a gun to your head and telling you if you don't accept me as your friend and I am going to blow your brains out. And then blaming you when I pull the trigger because it was your choice.

That applies only if you can prove the Bible defines Hell the way you do.

The Bible has nothing to do with it.

Forum List

Back