Atheist/Scientist Francis Collins Converts to Christ

Look what else them thar dopey, ignorant Christians comed up wit:
Prior to the 19th century, every college started in this country—with the exception of the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Virginia—was a Christian based college committed to revealed truth.

1) Harvard College [University], Massachusetts founded in 1636 was founded as a Congregational school.
2) William and Mary, Virginia founded in 1693 was an Anglican school.
3) Yale, Connecticut, founded in 1701 was a Congregational school.
4) Princeton, New Jersey, was founded in 1746 as a New Light Presbyterian school.
5) Columbia, New York, was founded in 1754 as an Anglican school.
6) Brown, Rhode Island was founded in 1765 as a Baptist school.
7) Rutgers, New Jersey, was founded in 1765 as a Dutch Reformed school.
EARLY AMERICAN CHRISTIAN COLLEGES « American Christian Heritage Group Blog

Science has shown atheists have a higher intelligence than people with a strong religious faith. The difference is 5.8 points according to findings in developmental psychology

Only 7 percent of members of the American National Academy of Sciences believed in God. Whilst only 3.3 percent believed in God in the UK’s Royal Society.

Several Gallup poll studies of the general population have shown that those with higher IQ’s tend not to believe in God(s)."

Nobel Prize winners in the "hard" sciences (e.g.; chemistry, physics, biology), the rate is about 95% -- roughly the inverse of their representation among the general populace.

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Really?

Nicholas Copernicus (1473-1543) = "Copernicus was the Polish astronomer who put forward the first mathematically based system of planets going around the sun. Copernicus referred sometimes to God in his works, and did not see his system as in conflict with the Bible."

Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1627) = "Bacon was a philosopher who is known for establishing the scientific method of inquiry based on experimentation and inductive reasoning. "It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man’s mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion; ..."

Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) = "Kepler was a brilliant mathematician and astronomer. Kepler was an extremely sincere and pious Lutheran ..."

Read lots more here: Famous Scientists Who Believed in God

I'm excited to see guno's response. Something like "these Christian scientists were loons" or they "copied their material from a brilliant atheist" or something like that. :lol:

300 years ago? An it wasn't until the enlightenment that people were allowed to question that LOW IQ religion, and if they did they could be be killed for blasphemy. Only until that low IQ stuff was defanged and declawed did the world make leaps an boudns in science

Science has shown atheists have a higher intelligence than people with a strong religious faith. The difference is 5.8 points according to findings in developmental psychology

Only 7 percent of members of the American National Academy of Sciences believed in God. Whilst only 3.3 percent believed in God in the UK’s Royal Society.

Several Gallup poll studies of the general population have shown that those with higher IQ’s tend not to believe in God(s)."

Nobel Prize winners in the "hard" sciences (e.g.; chemistry, physics, biology), the rate is about 95% -- roughly the inverse of their representation among the general populace.

Really?

Nicholas Copernicus (1473-1543) = "Copernicus was the Polish astronomer who put forward the first mathematically based system of planets going around the sun. Copernicus referred sometimes to God in his works, and did not see his system as in conflict with the Bible."

Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1627) = "Bacon was a philosopher who is known for establishing the scientific method of inquiry based on experimentation and inductive reasoning. "It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man’s mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion; ..."

Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) = "Kepler was a brilliant mathematician and astronomer. Kepler was an extremely sincere and pious Lutheran ..."

I'm excited to see guno's response. Something like "these Christian scientists were loons" or they "copied their material from a brilliant atheist" or something like that. :lol:

300 years ago? An it wasn't until the enlightenment that people were allowed to question that LOW IQ religion, and if they did they could be be killed for blasphemy. Only until that low IQ stuff was defanged and declawed did the world make leaps an boudns in science

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who endowed us with sense, reason, and
intellect, had intended for us to forgo their use."
..........Galileo Galilei
Galileo vs. the Pope
Washingtonpost.com: Horizon Section

The church in the middle ages practice intellectual baboonism and not much has changed since

"The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on
the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church."
..........Ferdinand Magellan

"The careful student of history will discover that Christianity has been of very little value in
advancing civilization, but has done a great deal toward retarding it."
..........Matilda Joslyn Gage, "Woman, Church and State", 1893

Last edited:

That is because atheists have lied and misquoted the greatest minds such as Einstein. In this video you'll note Einsteins many references to God and his belief in Gods existence as well as the historical account of Jesus Christ.

In fact, the atheists were misquoting Einstein when he was still alive. He said he didn't understand why they continually misquoted him in order to make him look like an atheist. Einstein was never an atheist. He never denied the existence of G-d only our ability to "know Him" at any depth or understanding... Einstein did believe we would never understand the 4 dimensions - not only do we understand those dimensions but due to the discovery of Super Strands we now there are at least 10 dimensions - not four.

I would have thought Einstein would have erred on the side of imagining MORE dimensions and not less. It was Einstein who said imagination is greater than knowledge. He could not have been more accurate. It is quite possible it was his own knowledge of the universe that led to a wrong conclusion. This happens with Gods word too. People get into a rut of believing G-d can only do something one way and it locks them out of faith to see the supernatural. You cannot see anything without believing first that it is. That is what Faith is all about.

[ame=http://youtu.be/TRqrC3K8Zn0]Albert Einstein on God.flv - YouTube[/ame]

As you can see Einstein was never an atheist.

Last edited:
Eintstein on the atheists of his day:

The fanatical atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which have been thrown off after a long hard struggle. They are creatures who in their grudge against traditional religions ...the "opium of the masses" ... cannot hear the music of the spheres.

- Albert Einstein

Well said, Mr. Einstein. Well said.

Einstein ranks #1 in this line up of worlds greatest geniuses. Have a look.

Top Geniuses Of All Time - List of 50 Brilliant Minds | 4 Mind 4 Life: Mental Health Tips
1) Albert Einstein - Albert Einstein is a name that comes to mind first when thinking of geniuses. Einstein’s brain was found to be deficient in certain parts, but extraordinarily powerful in others. Another trait of Albert’s brain was the fact that he had a much larger corpus callosum than the average man. The corpus callosum connects the right and left hemispheres and allows them to successfully transfer information back and forth (communicate with one another). Einstein has received the Nobel Prize in physics, was named “Person Of The Century” by Time Magazine, and has contributed phenomenal theories to the world of science (i.e. theory of relativity, unique field theory, etc).

2) Leonardo Da Vinci - Leonardo Da Vinci is considered one of the best painters of all time and possibly the most multi-talented man to have ever lived! Two of his works include: The Last Super & The Mona Lisa. Da Vinci was truly ahead of his time with ideas such as: a helicopter, a tank, solar power, a calculator, and a theory of plate tectonics. Leonardo was a unique individual who exercised the curiosity of his powerful brain.

Augustine should be listed in the top 5 brilliant minds of all time. The list is incomplete. imo.

Last edited:

You realize there is nothing scientific about polling, right?

You know that isn't true, right?

Einstein ranks #1 in this line up of worlds greatest geniuses. Have a look.

Top Geniuses Of All Time - List of 50 Brilliant Minds | 4 Mind 4 Life: Mental Health Tips
1) Albert Einstein - Albert Einstein is a name that comes to mind first when thinking of geniuses. Einstein’s brain was found to be deficient in certain parts, but extraordinarily powerful in others. Another trait of Albert’s brain was the fact that he had a much larger corpus callosum than the average man. The corpus callosum connects the right and left hemispheres and allows them to successfully transfer information back and forth (communicate with one another). Einstein has received the Nobel Prize in physics, was named “Person Of The Century” by Time Magazine, and has contributed phenomenal theories to the world of science (i.e. theory of relativity, unique field theory, etc).

2) Leonardo Da Vinci - Leonardo Da Vinci is considered one of the best painters of all time and possibly the most multi-talented man to have ever lived! Two of his works include: The Last Super & The Mona Lisa. Da Vinci was truly ahead of his time with ideas such as: a helicopter, a tank, solar power, a calculator, and a theory of plate tectonics. Leonardo was a unique individual who exercised the curiosity of his powerful brain.

Augustine should be listed in the top 5 brilliant minds of all time. The list is incomplete. imo.

Please see my signature for a great summary of Einstein's belief in his own words.

in the video Dr Collins states he became a believer based on a distinction between right and wrong - there is no mention of Christianity ... his sense then would be genuine.

Last edited:
What does it mean to have an unadulterated, non-intrusive, totally innocuous, naive epiphany?

Perhaps like that of Juan Diego?

That bitch in the video reads a blog? Give me a fucking break.

Wow. Judge, jury, and executioner and you don't even know the lady and she hasn't even committed a crime. Angry much?:mad:

They lack faith? Who knows! But Christians who believe in prophecy will believe this:

1 Timothy 4:1-2, "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;"

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3, "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

The fact that the Bible predicted this and now we're seeing it come to fruition is just more proof of the veracity of the Bible.

in the video Dr Collins states he became a believer based on a distinction between right and wrong - there is no mention of Christianity ... his sense then would be genuine.

It only takes a wee bit of online legwork to find that he's an evangelical Christian.

Francis Collins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that's to bad, an opportunity lost.

Really?

I've taken several IQ tests. I always fall between 132 and 136. Nope ... I'm not genius but I'm above average.

There are lots of modern geniuses who are also Christians.
The Intelligent Christian is the result of discussions among a global network of Christians whose IQs put them in the top two percent of the population.

The Intelligent Christian

It only takes a wee bit of online legwork to find that he's an evangelical Christian.

Francis Collins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that's to bad, an opportunity lost.

You'd think someone as intelligent as you could have found out the above information without relying on a dumb, country Christian like me. Oh well. :lol: But the man's accomplishments are no less significant just because he's a Christian. That's faulty reasoning and intellectual dishonesty. At least attempt to explain why it's "too bad" that he's a Christian and why an "opportunity" was "lost."

Last edited:
Really?

I've taken several IQ tests. I always fall between 132 and 136. Nope ... I'm not genius but I'm above average.

The Intelligent Christian is the result of discussions among a global network of Christians whose IQs put them in the top two percent of the population.

Same here.
But the anecdotal evidence of the two of us unzipping and comparing IQ size has no relevance to the statistical evidence that genius level people overwhelmingly become less and less connected to the idea of a deity.
Counting the outliers doesn't change the trend.

Same here.
But the anecdotal evidence of the two of us unzipping and comparing IQ size has no relevance to the statistical evidence that genius level people overwhelmingly become less and less connected to the idea of a deity.
Counting the outliers doesn't change the trend.

The problem with most genius-level individuals is that they get so high on their own intellect that they're blinded by the fact that there's something greater than they are. It's hard to be humble when you see yourself as a little god.

I like what Bacon said here:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back