🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Athiest Playbook

"We run around wondering you run around acting like you know[/QUOTE]

Therein lays the crux of things. (..you like my little thing of "crux?")
You run around worrying about me instead of minding your own business. You stick your nose into every kind of shit then bitch about the stench. As long as religion (belief system) is peaceful leave it alone. That's what we call "live and let live."

Last edited:
Why does it matter to you what I believe? I really don't care WTF you believe as long as you don't fuck with my right to believe I am not the center of the universe.

Truthfully, I don't care what someone does or doesn't believe until that person wants to make laws based on those beliefs, wants to use public money or resources to support their religious icons, or tries to shoehorn their religion into a science classroom because something being taught somehow threatens their religious understandings.
Or how about slow a cure for Alzheimer's because of that fairytale.

We run around wondering you run around acting like you know
You run around worrying about me instead of minding your own business. You stick your nose into every kind of shit then bitch about the stench. As long as religion (belief system) is peaceful leave it alone. That's what we call "live and let live."[/QUOTE]
You have the balls to say that when you can't keep your nose out of gay peoples business? Wow.

Christianity makes gay people think somethings wrong with them. Screw that evil mean cult.

If ever a theist stumps you, come here and post what they said. There isn't one argument for God that doesn't come without some fatal flaw.

Today I was having breakfast and listening to some stupid hillbillies talking about abortion and what the bible says. Then it hits me just how far gone theists are. Where would I even begin with this woman? Doesn't she realize men wrote that book? Why do I care what guys 1500 years ago wrote about a guy 2000 years ago? Imagine if people 1500 years ago could come know what we know now. Do you think people today would swallow such stories? Actually 200 years ago a large segment of us swallowed the Joseph Smith story and Arabs swallow the Mohammad experience.

You're all swallowing a 2000 or 7000 year old story if you count the founders of our lie the Jews. Moses is a myth. Let's stop this nonsense. It's holding us back.

I don't believe what they said happened happened 2000 years ago. So stop telling me what your story book says. We don't buy it! So what other reasons do you think "we are the only animals on this planet that God made in his image"

That is what the woman in the restaurant said. What possibly would make her believe this? A 2000 year old story? Imagine how much smarter we are today than we were 2000 years ago. I really hope we aren't as dumb as we are now 2000 years from now

The one constant among atheists is their inability to understand faith, or more exactly faith that doesn't line up with their own worldview.
They don't just not understand, they aggressively attack those that do.

If ever a theist stumps you, come here and post what they said. There isn't one argument for God that doesn't come without some fatal flaw.

Today I was having breakfast and listening to some stupid hillbillies talking about abortion and what the bible says. Then it hits me just how far gone theists are. Where would I even begin with this woman? Doesn't she realize men wrote that book? Why do I care what guys 1500 years ago wrote about a guy 2000 years ago? Imagine if people 1500 years ago could come know what we know now. Do you think people today would swallow such stories? Actually 200 years ago a large segment of us swallowed the Joseph Smith story and Arabs swallow the Mohammad experience.

You're all swallowing a 2000 or 7000 year old story if you count the founders of our lie the Jews. Moses is a myth. Let's stop this nonsense. It's holding us back.

I don't believe what they said happened happened 2000 years ago. So stop telling me what your story book says. We don't buy it! So what other reasons do you think "we are the only animals on this planet that God made in his image"

That is what the woman in the restaurant said. What possibly would make her believe this? A 2000 year old story? Imagine how much smarter we are today than we were 2000 years ago. I really hope we aren't as dumb as we are now 2000 years from now

The one constant among atheists is their inability to understand faith, or more exactly faith that doesn't line up with their own worldview.
They don't just not understand, they aggressively attack those that do.

Just yesterday a nice Christian was saying all you negative angry Christians aren't true Christians. Those Christians make great points about you and your kind but they're still wrong about there being a god. As nice as they are that's still just wishful thinking.

And just yesterday also a Christian was saying Reverend Wright Christian Church the one Obama went to for 20 years is not really a Christian Church. Do you see the madness? Of course you don't because you're in it. And I'm sorry but if you want to cure someones sickness you go after the sickness you don't beat around it
I've never attempted to cure yours, just sayin'

Nor do I consider atheism a sickness.

We run around wondering you run around acting like you know
You run around worrying about me instead of minding your own business. You stick your nose into every kind of shit then bitch about the stench. As long as religion (belief system) is peaceful leave it alone. That's what we call "live and let live."
You have the balls to say that when you can't keep your nose out of gay peoples business? Wow.

Christianity makes gay people think somethings wrong with them. Screw that evil mean cult.[/QUOTE]
Look, I do not particularly fond of the idea of putting fecal coated male appendages into my mouth but if you like it, it is your business but do not be in my face with it. On the other hand, we did not discuss homo issues so far. No need to engage into that when we were talking about religion generally.

I'm OK with you having your faith. Just realize this nation is not a nation of people who share your faith, whatever it may be.

And it's not enough to just say you're a Christian because I hear Christians on this board say most Christians are not true Christians. But all of you think your religion is the one true religion. Simply a joke

I am actually a lapsed Catholic at best, and a person of little faith. However I would rather deal with a room full of evangelical Christians than a single smug self centered atheist.
Well I'd rather be in a room full of nice athiests than smug self centered theist too. And visa versa.

From what I have found, vocal atheists are not nice, and if the ones who frequent message boards are the example of the breed, then my view is confirmed.

Not nice? Translation the truth hurts. How do you nicely tell someone they are dumb worship a lie and are holding us back?

We do it here because we can't do it in the real world.

And let's compare us to the other side. An athiest will be rude on a message board. A theist will sometimes kill you for doubting their story.

Do you know what your argument basically sums up as? You don't like us calling out story as a lie. You think if we don't believe we should just shut our mouths and not say anything because probably you think it's good for people. I'm sorry we don't or at least I don't. And when you start using this lie politically you've crossed aa line

And this sums up the entire issue. Your side thinks you are smarter than everyone else, when you have no actual proof your views are right. Then you go an act as if there is 100% proof your views are right.

What possibly would make her believe this?

Cultural and intellectual inbreeding from birth

After reading the Bible, many people are mystified as to why grown, otherwise intelligent adults would believe that it is the direct communication or the "inspired Word" of an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-good being. To many people, it seems absolutely incredible that any reasonable person could maintain this belief in the face of our current scientific knowledge and the contemporary understanding of history, religion and mythology. To outsiders, the phenomenon of Christian belief is a puzzlement.

However, after a bit of research and reflection, the mystery is resolved. It soon becomes apparent that the whole bizarre Christian belief system is predicated, to a large degree, on two compelling ideas. The first idea is that maintaining faith in Bible claims is the most morally virtuous act one can perform and will be rewarded with an eternal life of bliss. The second belief is that doubting biblical claims represents the greatest evil imaginable and will be punished with an eternity of torture. These linchpin beliefs make it possible for Christians to accept thoroughly ridiculous biblical assertions not merely in the absence of evidence, but against the evidence-against reason.

The sanctification of "faith" and demonization of doubt short-circuits the thinking process. Since it is continually drilled into Christians' brains that faith must be maintained at all costs, anything which contradicts a Bible claim is automatically rationalized away as the arrogance of the "wise," as a ploy of Satan, or as a test of faith from God himself. So when it is explained and demonstrated to a Christian that the Bible is simply a collection of ancient writings masquerading as the "Word of God," this is dismissed as the delusion of unbelievers blinded by their sin. (See the wisdom of the world) When scientific discoveries are shown to clearly, directly and unambiguously contradict biblical pronouncements, these scientific discoveries are interpreted by the Christian as satanic trickery. If it is patiently and painstakingly evinced to the Christian that the Bible is filled from one end to the other with obscene cruelty and violence, pagan mythology and superstition, blatant contradictions, ludicrous claims and outrageous, blithering idiocy, the Christian smiles in the face of this, confident that his faith is being tested by God and that he will be rewarded accordingly in the Age To Come.

It must be understood that in the Alice-in-Wonderland Christian world view, the more difficult it is to believe in a biblical claim, the more one is glorified for believing it. Faith, believing no matter what the facts say, is the highest manifestation of moral righteousness. Developing and maintaining one's faith in the preposterous and the incomprehensible becomes the ultimate purpose of life. Tertullian's declaration, "I believe because it is impossible," is the boast of a man who celebrates his irrationality. While liberal Christians today may pay lip service to the notion of a reasonable faith, the sentiment of Tertullin's inane "I believe because it is impossible" is alive and well and continues to be spouted from church pulpits on Sunday mornings: "Brethren, did not Paul say that God will make foolish the wisdom of the world, and choose that which is foolish to shame the wise of the world? Brothers and Sisters, did not JEEEZ-ZUSS tell us that unless we become as little children we will never enter the kingdom of heaven, that God has chosen to hide his light from the eyes of the wise and reveal himself to babes?" Reason and knowledge are ridiculed while biblical absurdities are held aloft as bless-ed revelation. This is how Christianity sustains itself. It is the only way that it can.

Thus the Christian faith's invisible attributes are now clearly to be seen. Behind all the sacraments and the rituals, the organ music and the angelic choirs, the praying lips and the arms thrust heavenward, behind all this, propping it all up, is the monstrous doctrine that gullibility and ignorance are divine.

Please don't try to explain this to a Christian though, for it has been most assuredly foretold that he would be mocked and persecuted for Jesus' sake by the "wise" of a fallen, perishing world. Yea, lo, verily, for it has been written...

Skeptic Ring

Last edited:
I'm OK with you having your faith. Just realize this nation is not a nation of people who share your faith, whatever it may be.

And it's not enough to just say you're a Christian because I hear Christians on this board say most Christians are not true Christians. But all of you think your religion is the one true religion. Simply a joke

I am actually a lapsed Catholic at best, and a person of little faith. However I would rather deal with a room full of evangelical Christians than a single smug self centered atheist.
Well I'd rather be in a room full of nice athiests than smug self centered theist too. And visa versa.

From what I have found, vocal atheists are not nice, and if the ones who frequent message boards are the example of the breed, then my view is confirmed.

Not nice? Translation the truth hurts. How do you nicely tell someone they are dumb worship a lie and are holding us back?

And let's compare us to the other side. An athiest will be rude on a message board. A theist will sometimes kill you for doubting their story.

Do you know what your argument basically sums up as? You don't like us calling out story as a lie. You think if we don't believe we should just shut our mouths and not say anything because probably you think it's good for people. I'm sorry we don't or at least I don't. And when you start using this lie politically you've crossed aa line

And this sums up the entire issue. Your side thinks you are smarter than everyone else, when you have no actual proof your views are right. Then you go an act as if there is 100% proof your views are right.
No we have a hundred percent proof your views are wrong not that our views are right. We claim nothing get it? We never came down from a mountain and said some thing call the God talk to us that's you

After reading the Bible, many people are mystified as to why grown, otherwise intelligent adults would believe that it is the direct communication or the "inspired Word" of an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-good being. To many people, it seems absolutely incredible that any reasonable person could maintain this belief in the face of our current scientific knowledge and the contemporary understanding of history, religion and mythology. To outsiders, the phenomenon of Christian belief is a puzzlement.

However, after a bit of research and reflection, the mystery is resolved. It soon becomes apparent that the whole bizarre Christian belief system is predicated, to a large degree, on two compelling ideas. The first idea is that maintaining faith in Bible claims is the most morally virtuous act one can perform and will be rewarded with an eternal life of bliss. The second belief is that doubting biblical claims represents the greatest evil imaginable and will be punished with an eternity of torture. These linchpin beliefs make it possible for Christians to accept thoroughly ridiculous biblical assertions not merely in the absence of evidence, but against the evidence-against reason.

The sanctification of "faith" and demonization of doubt short-circuits the thinking process. Since it is continually drilled into Christians' brains that faith must be maintained at all costs, anything which contradicts a Bible claim is automatically rationalized away as the arrogance of the "wise," as a ploy of Satan, or as a test of faith from God himself. So when it is explained and demonstrated to a Christian that the Bible is simply a collection of ancient writings masquerading as the "Word of God," this is dismissed as the delusion of unbelievers blinded by their sin. (See the wisdom of the world) When scientific discoveries are shown to clearly, directly and unambiguously contradict biblical pronouncements, these scientific discoveries are interpreted by the Christian as satanic trickery. If it is patiently and painstakingly evinced to the Christian that the Bible is filled from one end to the other with obscene cruelty and violence, pagan mythology and superstition, blatant contradictions, ludicrous claims and outrageous, blithering idiocy, the Christian smiles in the face of this, confident that his faith is being tested by God and that he will be rewarded accordingly in the Age To Come.

It must be understood that in the Alice-in-Wonderland Christian world view, the more difficult it is to believe in a biblical claim, the more one is glorified for believing it. Faith, believing no matter what the facts say, is the highest manifestation of moral righteousness. Developing and maintaining one's faith in the preposterous and the incomprehensible becomes the ultimate purpose of life. Tertullian's declaration, "I believe because it is impossible," is the boast of a man who celebrates his irrationality. While liberal Christians today may pay lip service to the notion of a reasonable faith, the sentiment of Tertullin's inane "I believe because it is impossible" is alive and well and continues to be spouted from church pulpits on Sunday mornings: "Brethren, did not Paul say that God will make foolish the wisdom of the world, and choose that which is foolish to shame the wise of the world? Brothers and Sisters, did not JEEEZ-ZUSS tell us that unless we become as little children we will never enter the kingdom of heaven, that God has chosen to hide his light from the eyes of the wise and reveal himself to babes?" Reason and knowledge are ridiculed while biblical absurdities are held aloft as bless-ed revelation. This is how Christianity sustains itself. It is the only way that it can.

Thus the Christian faith's invisible attributes are now clearly to be seen. Behind all the sacraments and the rituals, the organ music and the angelic choirs, the praying lips and the arms thrust heavenward, behind all this, propping it all up, is the monstrous doctrine that gullibility and ignorance are divine.

Please don't try to explain this to a Christian though, for it has been most assuredly foretold that he would be mocked and persecuted for Jesus' sake by the "wise" of a fallen, perishing world. Yea, lo, verily, for it has been written...

Skeptic Ring
Before I forget I just want to say this because I am enjoying your post but I don't want to forget this thought. I think it is unimaginable for people to believe that their entire family community church and ancestry have all been conned by a 2000 year old lie. They just can't believe they're all that stupid but the reality is they are. Now I'll continue reading your the rest of your well written post at least so far.

You k

Skeptic Ring
You know what the comeback to this is? Some babble about having faith because they probably read the words you wrote but did they understand?

The other reply I'm anticipating is that you're mean.

Or why can't you just mind your own business. Screw you if I want to believe the world is flat who are you to tell me otherwise. What's it hurting anyone that I think the world is flat. Why are you persecuting us poor Christians?

This is a great thread for anyone who gets stumped in another thread they can come here and ask because it's not always easy explaining but you did it very well.

Read what guno posted. Read it 3 times before replying.

There isn't one argument for God that doesn't come without some fatal flaw.
for a freed Spirit there would be grater solace to confront the Everlasting guided by beneficence than encountering what has been the rule of order within Garden Earth, including its atheistic inhabitants.

simply put Seabo, sad to let your Spirit die per your disavoul than to set it free with or without an Almighty.

Find a new technique. Arguing will never work. Go study human nature and try an angle that has been proven to work.

No one should deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks he is wise in this age, he must become foolish so that he can become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God, since it is written: He catches the wise in their craftiness and again, The Lord knows the reasonings of the wise, that they are futile. - 1 Corinthians 3:18-20 HCSB

No Christian is going to listen to your arguments. They see wisdom as sinister and unrighteous. What you need to do is become familiar with human beings and find out what makes them tick if you are truly interested in making an impact on this world. Resigning to petty bickering will only result in a lot of won arguments. Do you want to win arguments? Is that your goal? They keep believing in their religion and you will have a few more points to put on the scoreboard. If you want to change minds and change hearts you are just going to have to learn about humans. Logic will get you nowhere because 100% of humans are not logical creatures. We are however creatures of habit. Using logic is like trying to fix a lawnmower by replacing the toner cartridge. Yes, sometimes you have to replace the toner cartridge in your printer but not in your lawnmower. Weaning people off of religion can't be done with logic. I'm sorry but you have to use something that works.

Last edited:
Please read what Guno said three times and then comment.
This is what Guno said,

"Cultural and intellectual inbreeding from birth

Skeptic Ring "

Why does it matter to you what I believe? I really don't care WTF you believe as long as you don't fuck with my right to believe I am not the center of the universe.

You are somehow wrong. You are maybe not the center of the universe - but you are in the center of the universe. Whereever you are in this universe - it expands from you in all directions. So you are in the center. But: there are only centers - everywhere in every position within this universe so the universe is without an outside.

I was always fascinated from the little angel who had the task to find out how to produce dry water drops and created snow flakes. But maybe the reality of an expanding universe is even much more gigantic.

Last edited:
I'm basically an agnostic.

Not likely to find out if he is real or not til he makes a Grand Entrance, or I die, and either see Him, or a void.

In don't have any idea why nobody seems to know that is impossible to be an agnostic. Agnosticism is not a belief, agnosticisms is a philosophy and this philosophy shows two possible ways: to believe in the existance of god or not to believe that god exists. More concrete: You are no able to believe that god is existing and not existing the same time - although it could be in this way: god could exist and not exist the same time.(He's the allmighty creator of existance itselve.) But if you believe this then you kill your logic. Someone who believes "A" and "not A" are true believes in everything so everything becomes true. But not everything becomes true. I don't have for example 12 fingers on my left hand like everybody else because I lost a half finger. How I Iost it are 5127 different stories.

Last edited:
I'm fine with that too.
I have to wonder why atheists are so eager to attack theists.

It is simple really.

The collective willful ignorance of so many billions of people are holding back the progress of human kind.

Yes it does make us, that don't want to have our existence held hostage to fairy tales, angry.

You may as well say that your right to believe in faith allows you to drive 5 mph on the freeway. I have no doubt that if it was supposedly said by your Jesus that men should not travel any faster than a donkey that is exactly what you would do.

And what makes YOUR faith and beliefs so special? Why can't ANYONE use that excuse to do anything they want?

The problem is that you people don't want to acknowledge the effect religion has on the world we live in. You take absolutely no responsibility for the damage caused by religion in the past and even now in the present.

Why should those that live their lives doing right by their neighbors, without having to rely on some formula supposedly written some 2000 years ago, give deference to this obvious sham?

Even a person of limited mental horse power would laugh at such a ridiculous story if not for the massive peer pressure extended in support of this so called faith.

If not for the deeply and overwhelmingly embedded advantage enjoyed by organized religion against living just by reasoned thinking we could do just fine.

Yes it is irritating from the perspective of those of us that live our lives just fine without faith in an afterlife or the special super powers you have bestowed upon Jesus and your god.

The only difference between you and some wacko that believes in Superman and Batman are the numbers of people involved.

Yes it is true that we find your fantasies ridiculous and intrusive. We find your faith in a Heaven, Hell, Jesus and God childish.

Much like a child that clings too long to the fable of Santa Claus we hope for the day you will all grow up.

But "theists" are not existing too for "theists". No one calls himselve "theist" - that's only another expression for "a-atheists" in the view of atheists. You need an antagonist to be able to think in atheistic structures (What's by the way a result of a forbidden fruit of paradise). This is your atheistic way to think about others - but others are thinking in other ways. "Theists" are not calling themselve "theists" but for example Jews, Muslims, Christians, Hindu ... and so on.

I'm fine with that too.
I have to wonder why atheists are so eager to attack theists.

It is simple really.

The collective willful ignorance of so many billions of people are holding back the progress of human kind.

Yes it does make us, that don't want to have our existence held hostage to fairy tales, angry.

You may as well say that your right to believe in faith allows you to drive 5 mph on the freeway. I have no doubt that if it was supposedly said by your Jesus that men should not travel any faster than a donkey that is exactly what you would do.

And what makes YOUR faith and beliefs so special? Why can't ANYONE use that excuse to do anything they want?

The problem is that you people don't want to acknowledge the effect religion has on the world we live in. You take absolutely no responsibility for the damage caused by religion in the past and even now in the present.

Why should those that live their lives doing right by their neighbors, without having to rely on some formula supposedly written some 2000 years ago, give deference to this obvious sham?

Even a person of limited mental horse power would laugh at such a ridiculous story if not for the massive peer pressure extended in support of this so called faith.

If not for the deeply and overwhelmingly embedded advantage enjoyed by organized religion against living just by reasoned thinking we could do just fine.

Yes it is irritating from the perspective of those of us that live our lives just fine without faith in an afterlife or the special super powers you have bestowed upon Jesus and your god.

The only difference between you and some wacko that believes in Superman and Batman are the numbers of people involved.

Yes it is true that we find your fantasies ridiculous and intrusive. We find your faith in a Heaven, Hell, Jesus and God childish.

Much like a child that clings too long to the fable of Santa Claus we hope for the day you will all grow up.

The early Christians were by the way called "atheists" because they believed not in supermen and gods. The belief in god is another quality than to believe in gods. And Santa Claus for example is a reality and not a myth: he was bishop in Myra. No: Myra is not directly on the north pole but very near.

Last edited:
... Behind all the sacraments and the rituals, the organ music and the angelic choirs, the praying lips and the arms thrust heavenward, behind all this, propping it all up, is the monstrous doctrine that gullibility and ignorance are divine.

?

Please don't try to explain this to a Christian ...

Oh sorry - wrong film. I am a Christian. By the way - our police in Bottrop arrested a squirrel because of stalking.

Bottrop police arrest a squirrel for stalking a woman after it followed her Daily Mail Online

Forum List

Back