🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Athiest Playbook

So, what happened to all the people BEFORE Christianity existed? Are they all "burning in hell" right now? :) What about those who "chose the wrong religion?" Perhaps they followed Zeus.
I would expect that if they chose the wrong religion before, the same thing will happen to them as will happen to those who choose the wrong religion now.........

What's that? How would they know about Christianity before it was invented?
YHWH existed before Christ incarnated......

Plenty of people existed before that too. What happened to them?
the scriptures tell us that Christ went to hell to give them a choice.....I guess it depends on what choice them made.....

So, what happened to all the people BEFORE Christianity existed? Are they all "burning in hell" right now? :) What about those who "chose the wrong religion?" Perhaps they followed Zeus.
I would expect that if they chose the wrong religion before, the same thing will happen to them as will happen to those who choose the wrong religion now.........

YHWH existed before Christ incarnated......

Plenty of people existed before that too. What happened to them?
the scriptures tell us that Christ went to hell to give them a choice.....I guess it depends on what choice them made.....

I'm talking about before the "bible" and before Christ and before Christianity and other organized religions existed. You do realize that people existed for a long time before there were any kind of organized religions, right?

Not really.

Hell does not exist. The relevance of when a person was born in relation to the time frame of a specific religious order doesn't alter the non-existence of hell. When a person chooses the wrong religion this event also doesn't alter the non-existence of hell.

Which question did I fail to cover? I was trying my best to answer all of your questions.

And you know this how? According to the religion of Christianity, if you do not believe in God and praise him, you will burn in Hell for eternity. Correct?

It would be impossible for them to know about Christianity before it existed. The people born before Christianity would not be able to accept the tenets of the religion. It would be dimensionally impossible.

Not at all. It is saying, "I am not ruling out the possibility, but since there is no evidence . . . I am skeptical" There is nothing wrong with that position and it is more honest than saying there definitely is or definitely is not a God. Also, many agnostics might even believe in a higher power but that it is not the Christian God or the Muslim God, or whatever god someone else may believe in. Also, many agnostics do not believe in any of the "organized religions" since they were made up by ancient men who were ignorant of the world around them. They attributed such things as volcanoes, hurricanes, tornadoes and other such events to "works of God" or "the gods are angry, time to sacrifice a virgin or a sheep." :D
that is illogical.....one cannot simultaneously say that they believe and that they have not yet chosen to believe.....

Not at all. It is saying, "I am not ruling out the possibility, but since there is no evidence . . . I am skeptical" There is nothing wrong with that position and it is more honest than saying there definitely is or definitely is not a God. Also, many agnostics might even believe in a higher power but that it is not the Christian God or the Muslim God, or whatever god someone else may believe in. Also, many agnostics do not believe in any of the "organized religions" since they were made up by ancient men who were ignorant of the world around them. They attributed such things as volcanoes, hurricanes, tornadoes and other such events to "works of God" or "the gods are angry, time to sacrifice a virgin or a sheep." :D
that is illogical.....one cannot simultaneously say that they believe and that they have not yet chosen to believe.....

There is nothing illogical about it.

It would be impossible for them to know about Christianity before it existed. The people born before Christianity would not be able to accept the tenets of the religion. It would be dimensionally impossible.

Well, according to Christianity, all of those people who failed to praise God and believe in the Christian God are burning in Hell? Am I correct in stating that?

And you know this how? According to the religion of Christianity, if you do not believe in God and praise him, you will burn in Hell for eternity. Correct?
I know only what God has said to us.....he has told us in the scriptures that after his death on the cross and before his resurrection Christ went to hell to speak to those who had gone before......also that those who believe in him will spend eternity with him and that those who do not believe will not......if you do not wish to spend eternity with him, logically you would choose not to believe in him.......

I know only what God has said to us.....he has told us in the scriptures that after his death on the cross and before his resurrection Christ went to hell to speak to those who had gone before......also that those who believe in him will spend eternity with him and that those who do not believe will not......if you do not wish to spend eternity with him, logically you would choose not to believe in him.......

Do you really believe that? He went to hell to speak to dead people who his "father" sent there because they didn't even know about him?

inherently......can one say simultaneously, I believe this grass is green and say I have not yet decided if I believe this grass is green?.........the same would be true for a decision about the existence of a deity........

Yes. There are brands of Christianity that believe if you don't believe in God and praise him then you will burn in hell for all eternity. You are correct. That's pretty common knowledge. Do you have a point somewhere that I am missing?

Water is clear. Grass is green. Stop signs are red. Christians believe in hell. Christianity had an origin. People lived before Christianity. Mammals breathe air. Fish breathe water. Zeus was a god worshiped by many people. Cows live on dairy farms. Chickens lay eggs.

You are asking questions in which you already know the answer. Why would you do that? Just answer your own questions and save yourself some time and trouble. I think you said in another post somewhere that you didn't have time for someone's games. I suppose you have time to play your own games. You really aren't seeking answers to the questions that you are asking. You are wasting time. Don't you need to save that time for later? Like a special occasion or something? :dunno:

inherently......can one say simultaneously, I believe this grass is green and say I have not yet decided if I believe this grass is green?.........the same would be true for a decision about the existence of a deity........[/QUOTE]

No because you can SEE the grass. There is solid proof that grass exists.

Yes. There are brands of Christianity that believe if you don't believe in God and praise him then you will burn in hell for all eternity. You are correct. That's pretty common knowledge. Do you have a point somewhere that I am missing?

Water is clear. Grass is green. Stop signs are red. Christians believe in hell. Christianity had an origin. People lived before Christianity. Mammals breathe air. Fish breathe water. Zeus was a god worshiped by many people. Cows live on dairy farms. Chickens lay eggs.

You are asking questions in which you already know the answer. Why would you do that? Just answer your own questions and save yourself some time and trouble. I think you said in another post somewhere that you didn't have time for someone's games. I suppose you have time to play your own games. You really aren't seeking answers to the questions that you are asking. You are wasting time.

Yes, my point is what happened to all of those people who did not believe in God because they didn't even know about him?

Also, many agnostics do not believe in any of the "organized religions" since they were made up by ancient men who were ignorant of the world around them.
I sure would dispute that. It is very "matter of fact" like what you stated.

Do you really believe that? He went to hell to speak to dead people who his "father" sent there because they didn't even know about him?
his "father" was himself and if he says he gave everyone an opportunity to make a choice I would say, yes....I believe what he said.....

be that as it may it really carries no significance for people today......you, and everyone else, has ample opportunity to make a choice today.......

Humans existed LONG before there were any organized religions. Some of the earliest religious beliefs include things that are considered a "myth" today, such as paganism, Greek mythology, etc. Those people never even knew about the concept of "one God." Were they just supposed to know instinctively? What's the deal?

his "father" was himself and if he says he gave everyone an opportunity to make a choice I would say, yes....I believe what he said.....

be that as it may it really carries no significance for people today......you, and everyone else, has ample opportunity to make a choice today.......

It certainly is significant.

Forum List

Back