🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Athiest Playbook

[QUOTE="defcon4,

What is very matter of fact? Could you elaborate please?

I won't speak for defcon4 but I think it appears that you lean more atheist than theist. You appear especially skeptical of the god of the Bible. There is nothing wrong with taking a position.

I would expect that if they chose the wrong religion before, the same thing will happen to them as will happen to those who choose the wrong religion now.........

What's that? How would they know about Christianity before it was invented?
YHWH existed before Christ incarnated......

Plenty of people existed before that too. What happened to them?
the scriptures tell us that Christ went to hell to give them a choice.....I guess it depends on what choice them made.....

I'm talking about before the "bible" and before Christ and before Christianity and other organized religions existed. You do realize that people existed for a long time before there were any kind of organized religions, right?
several religions have been organized around the deity who created the heavens and the earth......many people believed in him before any of them organized.....should I complain that someone who believed in the one true god were not the right kind of believers?.....

That is what I'm asking. What happened to those people who didn't know about a God or the concept of just one god?

1 Peter 3:18 alludes to Jesus, after his death, descending to the dead and freeing captives, which some take to mean individuals who were just, that had died previously.

Realize, it was terrifying for me as a child to even QUESTION the existence of a God and to doubt.
so what.....I assume you are not currently a child....you are an adult.....you make your choices......you live (or not) with the consequences.....

[QUOTE="defcon4,

What is very matter of fact? Could you elaborate please?

I won't speak for defcon4 but I think it appears that you lean more atheist than theist. You appear especially skeptical of the god of the Bible. There is nothing wrong with taking a position.

Yes, like I said I am agnostic, in that I question the existence of a God. I've been that way since I can remember.

Realize, it was terrifying for me as a child to even QUESTION the existence of a God and to doubt.
so what.....I assume you are not currently a child....you are an adult.....you make your choices......you live (or not) with the consequences.....

Right, and now that I'm an adult and realize that nobody can answer my questions and I can see all of the contradictions, the concept of a God becomes more and more less likely.

That is what I'm asking. What happened to those people who didn't know about a God or the concept of just one god?

Make your point already.

I have already answered that question. What is it that you do not like about my answer?

Those people are dead. They are not in hell. Why are you having such a hard time understanding this?

What do you suppose happened to them since my theory seems so wacky and outrageous?

A question is a question. In English class it is described as an interrogative sentence. A point is made with a declarative sentence. Make your point so that we can move forward. Tell us what happened to the people who chose the wrong religion. Tell us what happened to the people who worshiped Zues. Tell us what happened to the people born before Christianity. Make your point already.

What's that? How would they know about Christianity before it was invented?
YHWH existed before Christ incarnated......

Plenty of people existed before that too. What happened to them?
the scriptures tell us that Christ went to hell to give them a choice.....I guess it depends on what choice them made.....

I'm talking about before the "bible" and before Christ and before Christianity and other organized religions existed. You do realize that people existed for a long time before there were any kind of organized religions, right?
several religions have been organized around the deity who created the heavens and the earth......many people believed in him before any of them organized.....should I complain that someone who believed in the one true god were not the right kind of believers?.....

So, those are the "chosen ones?" What about all of those who had never even heard of the concept?

No because you can SEE the grass. There is solid proof that grass exists.
/shrugs......you believe it would be very silly for someone to deny the existence of grass......I, and others, believe it is equally silly to deny the existence of God.....I mean seriously, what is the alternative?.....that life spontaneously erupted in a mud puddle?......lol...

Make your point already.

I have already answered that question. What is it that you do not like about my answer?

Those people are dead. They are not in hell. Why are you having such a hard time understanding this?

What do you suppose happened to them since my theory seems so wacky and outrageous?

A question is a question. In English class it is described as an interrogative sentence. A point is made with a declarative sentence. Make your point so that we can move forward. Tell us what happened to the people who chose the wrong religion. Tell us what happened to the people who worshiped Zues. Tell us what happened to the people born before Christianity. Make your point already.

How do you know this? A Christian would tell you all of those people are in hell . . . or that Jesus went into hell after death and preached to them.

Also, I don't have to make a point. I am simply asking questions of the religious people. Feel free to not answer. You aren't very helpful anyway.

No because you can SEE the grass. There is solid proof that grass exists.
/shrugs......you believe it would be very silly for someone to deny the existence of grass......I, and others, believe it is equally silly to deny the existence of God.....I mean seriously, what is the alternative?.....that life spontaneously erupted in a mud puddle?......lol...

So you don't believe in the theory of evolution, but rather believe that God put Adam and Eve on the earth?

What about all of the fossil evidence of early human beings and our various ancestors?

And you know this how? According to the religion of Christianity, if you do not believe in God and praise him, you will burn in Hell for eternity. Correct?
I know only what God has said to us.....he has told us in the scriptures that after his death on the cross and before his resurrection Christ went to hell to speak to those who had gone before......also that those who believe in him will spend eternity with him and that those who do not believe will not......if you do not wish to spend eternity with him, logically you would choose not to believe in him.......

Do you really believe that? He went to hell to speak to dead people who his "father" sent there because they didn't even know about him?
his "father" was himself and if he says he gave everyone an opportunity to make a choice I would say, yes....I believe what he said.....

be that as it may it really carries no significance for people today......you, and everyone else, has ample opportunity to make a choice today.......

It certainly is significant.
how so?.......does the fact some Greek had no knowledge of YHWH somehow mean that you aren't allowed to make a decision about him?.......

And you know this how? According to the religion of Christianity, if you do not believe in God and praise him, you will burn in Hell for eternity. Correct?
I know only what God has said to us.....he has told us in the scriptures that after his death on the cross and before his resurrection Christ went to hell to speak to those who had gone before......also that those who believe in him will spend eternity with him and that those who do not believe will not......if you do not wish to spend eternity with him, logically you would choose not to believe in him.......

Do you really believe that? He went to hell to speak to dead people who his "father" sent there because they didn't even know about him?
his "father" was himself and if he says he gave everyone an opportunity to make a choice I would say, yes....I believe what he said.....

be that as it may it really carries no significance for people today......you, and everyone else, has ample opportunity to make a choice today.......

It certainly is significant.
how so?.......does the fact some Greek had no knowledge of YHWH somehow mean that you aren't allowed to make a decision about him?.......

That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking you what happened to all of those people? Are they burning in hell now? Do you believe Jesus saved their souls after thousands of years of burning in hell?

So, those are the "chosen ones?" What about all of those who had never even heard of the concept?
to be more precise they are the ones who have made their choices.....you have heard of the concept......you don't need to make their choices......you need to make YOUR choices......

Forum List

Back