🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Athiest Playbook

So, those are the "chosen ones?" What about all of those who had never even heard of the concept?
to be more precise they are the ones who have made their choices.....you have heard of the concept......you don't need to make their choices......you need to make YOUR choices......

But there is not a choice if you are unaware. Do you get that? I'm not talking about today's day and age. I am talking about before Christianity existed. People existed for a very LONG time before Christianity or any other organized religions even existed.

I am simply asking questions of the religious people.

Don't bother. A Christian would tell you all of those people are in hell . . . or that Jesus went into hell after death and preached to them.

Well, these are questions that a religious person could answer if they are so sure of themselves. A lot of times, they will not address contradictions and will instead start referring to a person who questions as a sinner or even a "demon." Lol. :D

No because you can SEE the grass. There is solid proof that grass exists.
/shrugs......you believe it would be very silly for someone to deny the existence of grass......I, and others, believe it is equally silly to deny the existence of God.....I mean seriously, what is the alternative?.....that life spontaneously erupted in a mud puddle?......lol...

So you don't believe in the theory of evolution, but rather believe that God put Adam and Eve on the earth?

What about all of the fossil evidence of early human beings and our various ancestors?
???...so you don't know enough about science to distinguish evolution from abiogenesis?.......not much reason to waste time debating that with you then.....

suffice it to say that I believe in evolution.....it explains why we have thousands of varieties of butterflies.......I also believe that God specifically created human beings.....

No because you can SEE the grass. There is solid proof that grass exists.
/shrugs......you believe it would be very silly for someone to deny the existence of grass......I, and others, believe it is equally silly to deny the existence of God.....I mean seriously, what is the alternative?.....that life spontaneously erupted in a mud puddle?......lol...

So you don't believe in the theory of evolution, but rather believe that God put Adam and Eve on the earth?

What about all of the fossil evidence of early human beings and our various ancestors?
???...so you don't know enough about science to distinguish evolution from abiogenesis?.......not much reason to waste time debating that with you then.....

suffice it to say that I believe in evolution.....it explains why we have thousands of varieties of butterflies.......I also believe that God specifically created human beings.....

So I see you are going to start being snarky because I have questions and point out contradictions?

Also, this does not address the question of what happened to people who existed before the advent of Christianity. You are assuming that "some of them just knew." Where is your evidence?

The problem with atheists is that their narrow thinking blinds them. They envision their "no-God" as an elderly gentleman with long, grey beard wrapped in a bedsheet toga sitting in the clouds. Do you believe in a Creator "not called God?" Here is some home work. Research the meaning of the following symbols, try to avoid Wikipedia.
th-2.jpeg Calvary Cross th-3.jpeg Equal Armed Cross th-2.jpeg Swastika
th-4.jpeg Ankhth-3.jpeg Six Pointed Star (commonly known as Star of David)
Just for start. That will maybe, just maybe, show you how important religion is in the evolution of humanity.

The origins of humankind on Earth
It is estimated that the first members of the human family (hominins) lived in Africa about 6 or 7 million years ago. They are believed to have been forest-dwelling, perhaps walking upright in the trees or when on the ground.

In 2001, cranial fossils of Sahelanthropus tchadensis dating to this time were uncovered in Chad, central Africa. The fossils show a combination of ape-like and human-like features, although how closely relatedSahelanthropus tchadensis is to humans is the subject of debate.

Over millions of years, distinct species and lineages emerged and radiated across Africa. Among them were the earliest members of thegenus Homo, to which modern humans belong.

australopithecus-sediba-skeleton-replicas-106368-1.jpg

Replicas of the remarkably complete Australopithecus sediba fossil skeletons found in Malapa Cave, South Africa in 2010.

The earliest fossil evidence of these ancient humans dates to between 1.9 and 2.4 million years ago, and comes from East Africa, although a human-like form of the species Australopithecushas recently been described from South Africa.Australopithecus sediba is 1.98 million years old and is the most human-like australopithecine yet discovered, with an increased front brain cavity and small teeth.

That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking you what happened to all of those people? Are they burning in hell now? Do you believe Jesus saved their souls after thousands of years of burning in hell?
I believe what God has told us.....I assumed you already knew what that was.....
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
If you choose to believe you don't perish. If you choose not to believe, you do. If those people chose not to believe then they have perished. If that means burning in hell, then logically that is what happened to them.......if that means simply ceasing to exist, then that is what happened to them. Not my concern, not yours. We only need to be concerned with our own choices....

So, those are the "chosen ones?" What about all of those who had never even heard of the concept?
to be more precise they are the ones who have made their choices.....you have heard of the concept......you don't need to make their choices......you need to make YOUR choices......

But there is not a choice if you are unaware. Do you get that? I'm not talking about today's day and age. I am talking about before Christianity existed. People existed for a very LONG time before Christianity or any other organized religions even existed.
you are aware.......you only need to make choices for yourself, not for people who existed long ago.....

Don't bother. A Christian would tell you all of those people are in hell . . . or that Jesus went into hell after death and preached to them.

Well, these are questions that a religious person could answer if they are so sure of themselves. A lot of times, they will not address contradictions and will instead start referring to a person who questions as a sinner or even a "demon." Lol. :D
lol....and yet we have both answered and you ignore our answers......does that mean you are not sure of yourself?.....

That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking you what happened to all of those people? Are they burning in hell now? Do you believe Jesus saved their souls after thousands of years of burning in hell?
I believe what God has told us.....I assumed you already knew what that was.....
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
If you choose to believe you don't perish. If you choose not to believe, you do. If those people chose not to believe then they have perished. If that means burning in hell, then logically that is what happened to them.......if that means simply ceasing to exist, then that is what happened to them. Not my concern, not yours. We only need to be concerned with our own choices....

You are completely missing or ignoring the point. The point is that humans existed for a very long time before "religion" existed. They had no idea about a God.

It is estimated that the first members of the human family (hominins) lived in Africa about 6 or 7 million years ago. They are believed to have been forest-dwelling, perhaps walking upright in the trees or when on the ground.

In 2001, cranial fossils of Sahelanthropus tchadensis dating to this time were uncovered in Chad, central Africa. The fossils show a combination of ape-like and human-like features, although how closely relatedSahelanthropus tchadensis is to humans is the subject of debate.

Over millions of years, distinct species and lineages emerged and radiated across Africa. Among them were the earliest members of thegenus Homo, to which modern humans belong.

Replicas of the remarkably complete Australopithecus sediba fossil skeletons found in Malapa Cave, South Africa in 2010.

The earliest fossil evidence of these ancient humans dates to between 1.9 and 2.4 million years ago, and comes from East Africa, although a human-like form of the species Australopithecushas recently been described from South Africa.Australopithecus sediba is 1.98 million years old and is the most human-like australopithecine yet discovered, with an increased front brain cavity and small teeth.
sorry, I am not a member of your cult.....

lol....and yet we have both answered and you ignore our answers......does that mean you are not sure of yourself?.....

You haven't given me any valid answers. You talk of "chosen ones" and Jesus going to hell to save souls who had already been there for THOUSANDS of years.

sorry, I am not a member of your cult.....

What cult? I am not a member of any cult. I just have a lot of questions and see a lot of contradictions and would, for once, like to get a straight answer that makes some semblance of sense.

You are completely missing or ignoring the point. The point is that humans existed for a very long time before "religion" existed. They had no idea about a God.
1) you have no idea what they had an idea about...
2) their choices have no impact upon yours....

And you truly believe this?

What I find interesting in the passage is that Peter references people in the time of Noah, so it seems to me that encompasses the dead who did not know God through Christ--or Judaism. Peter said nothing about Jesus having to free Jews, who for thousands of years, had followed their covenant with God.

In one of letters, Paul writes that those who do not know God, none-the-less are born with God's law engraved in their hearts, and their own hearts will judge how well they followed what was written on their hearts.

I truly believe that God watches over both the living and those who have passed on. I don't think there are any cracks any of us can fall through. One way or another we have to choose to be for God (His ways) or against Him (His ways).

I put "His ways" in parenthesis because I include atheists/agnostics who may not believe in God, but do believe in good ways versus evil ways.

Believers sometimes have an awkward, unconvincing way of presenting God to others, but I don't think God holds this against those who do not believe.

you are aware.......you only need to make choices for yourself, not for people who existed long ago.....

I'm not making choices for them. I'm asking, do you think all of those people are or were in hell because they had never even heard of a god?

1) you have no idea what they had an idea about...
2) their choices have no impact upon yours....

I'm pretty sure cavemen were not following the tenets of Christianity or any other religions. :D In fact, early humans were quite brutal. They were more concerned with eating and surviving.

You haven't given me any valid answers. You talk of "chosen ones" and Jesus going to hell to save souls who had already been there for THOUSANDS of years.
first of all, the only one who spoke of chosen ones was you, and I corrected your error.....secondly I told you what the scriptures said in answer to your question......since you have nothing at all upon which to base your speculation, why do you continue to claim that earlier generations had no choices?......

And you truly believe this?

What I find interesting in the passage is that Peter references people in the time of Noah, so it seems to me that encompasses the dead who did not know God through Christ--or Judaism. Peter said nothing about Jesus having to free Jews, who for thousands of years, had followed their covenant with God.

In one of letters, Paul writes that those who do not know God, none-the-less are born with God's law engraved in their hearts, and their own hearts will judge how well they followed what was written on their hearts.

I truly believe that God watches over both the living and those who have passed on. I don't think there are any cracks any of us can fall through. One way or another we have to choose to be for God (His ways) or against Him (His ways).

I put "His ways" in parenthesis because I include atheists/agnostics who may not believe in God, but do believe in good ways versus evil ways.

Believers sometimes have an awkward, unconvincing way of presenting God to others, but I don't think God holds this against those who do not believe.

Well, I thank you for your respectful way of trying to answer my questions. :) I believe in the basic teachings of Christ and believe he was an intelligent man.

Forum List

Back