Athiest Playbook

There isn't one argument for God that doesn't come without some fatal flaw.
for a freed Spirit there would be grater solace to confront the Everlasting guided by beneficence than encountering what has been the rule of order within Garden Earth, including its atheistic inhabitants.

simply put Seabo, sad to let your Spirit die per your disavoul than to set it free with or without an Almighty.

How about this time in English. Did you hear the Tennessee shooter was a devout Muslim? Maybe he should let that s*** go a little

If ever a theist stumps you, come here and post what they said. There isn't one argument for God that doesn't come without some fatal flaw.

Today I was having breakfast and listening to some stupid hillbillies talking about abortion and what the bible says. Then it hits me just how far gone theists are. Where would I even begin with this woman? Doesn't she realize men wrote that book? Why do I care what guys 1500 years ago wrote about a guy 2000 years ago? Imagine if people 1500 years ago could come know what we know now. Do you think people today would swallow such stories? Actually 200 years ago a large segment of us swallowed the Joseph Smith story and Arabs swallow the Mohammad experience.

You're all swallowing a 2000 or 7000 year old story if you count the founders of our lie the Jews. Moses is a myth. Let's stop this nonsense. It's holding us back.

I don't believe what they said happened happened 2000 years ago. So stop telling me what your story book says. We don't buy it! So what other reasons do you think "we are the only animals on this planet that God made in his image"

That is what the woman in the restaurant said. What possibly would make her believe this? A 2000 year old story? Imagine how much smarter we are today than we were 2000 years ago. I really hope we aren't as dumb as we are now 2000 years from now

What is unique about the Bible that sets it apart from all other religious books ever written?
Is there any evidence that the Bible is truly God’s Word?

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:15-17).

One evidence that the Bible is truly God’s Word is seen in its unity. Even though it is really sixty-six individual books, written on three continents, in three different languages, over a period of approximately 1500 years, by more than 40 authors who came from many walks of life, the Bible remains one unified book from beginning to end without contradiction. This unity is unique from all other books and is evidence of the divine origin of the words which God moved men to record.

Another evidence that indicates the Bible is truly God’s Word is the prophecies in the Bible. The Bible contains hundreds of detailed prophecies relating to the future of individual nations including Israel, certain cities, and mankind. Other prophecies concern the coming of One who would be the Messiah, the Savior of all who would believe in Him. Unlike the prophecies found in other religious books or those by men such as Nostradamus, biblical prophecies are extremely detailed. There are over three hundred prophecies concerning Jesus Christ in the Old Testament. Not only was it foretold where He would be born and His lineage, but also how He would die and that He would rise again. There simply is no logical way to explain the fulfilled prophecies in the Bible other than by divine origin. There is no other religious book with the extent or type of predictive prophecy that the Bible contains.

A third evidence is its unique authority and power. The Bible’s authority is unlike any other book ever written. This authority and power are best seen in the way countless lives have been transformed by the supernatural power of God’s Word. Drug addicts have been cured by it, homosexuals set free by it, derelicts and deadbeats transformed by it, hardened criminals reformed by it, sinners rebuked by it, and hate turned to love by it. The Bible does possess a dynamic and transforming power that is only possible because it is truly God’s Word.

Because the Bible details historical events, its truthfulness and accuracy are subject to verification like any other historical document. Through both archaeological evidences and other writings, the historical accounts of the Bible have been proven time and time again to be accurate and true. In fact, all the archaeological and manuscript evidence supporting the Bible makes it the best-documented book from the ancient world. The fact that the Bible accurately and truthfully records historically verifiable events is a great indication of its truthfulness when dealing with religious subjects and doctrines and helps substantiate its claim to be the very Word of God.

One last evidence to point out that that the Bible is truly God’s Word is the indestructibility of the Bible. Because of its importance and its claim to be the very Word of God, the Bible has suffered more vicious attacks and attempts to destroy it than any other book in history. From early Roman Emperors like Diocletian, through communist dictators and on to modern-day atheists and agnostics, the Bible has withstood and outlasted all of its attackers and is still today the most widely published book in the world.

Opponents have attacked its teaching as primitive and outdated, but its moral and legal concepts and teachings have had a positive influence on societies and cultures throughout the world. It continues to be attacked by pseudo-science, psychology, and political movements, yet it remains just as true and relevant today as it was when it was first written. It is a book that has transformed countless lives and cultures throughout the last 2000 years. No matter how its opponents try to attack, destroy, or discredit it, the Bible remains; its veracity and impact on lives is unmistakable. The accuracy which has been preserved despite every attempt to corrupt, attack, or destroy it is clear testimony to the fact that the Bible is truly God’s Word and is supernaturally protected by Him.

It should not surprise us that, no matter how the Bible is attacked, it always comes out unchanged and unscathed.

Why does it matter to you what I believe? I really don't care WTF you believe as long as you don't fuck with my right to believe I am not the center of the universe.

You are somehow wrong. You are maybe not the center of the universe - but you are in the center of the universe. Whereever you are in this universe - it expands from you in all directions. So you are in the center. But: there are only centers - everywhere in every position within this universe so the universe is without an outside.

I was always fascinated from the little angel who had the task to find out how to produce dry water drops and created snow flakes. But maybe the reality of an expanding universe is even much more gigantic.

For the record the only reason you know that it's because of science. 200 years ago they didn't know what you just said. They thought the Earth Stood Still and everything around us because God put us here and they couldn't imagine that we two were swirling around the universe it looked like we were in a fixed position and that everything revolved around us. That's what they thought not what you said so they got it wrong and now you're trying to spin it using the very same science that debunked your creation story. It didn't take 7 days to make the earth

If ever a theist stumps you, come here and post what they said. There isn't one argument for God that doesn't come without some fatal flaw.

Today I was having breakfast and listening to some stupid hillbillies talking about abortion and what the bible says. Then it hits me just how far gone theists are. Where would I even begin with this woman? Doesn't she realize men wrote that book? Why do I care what guys 1500 years ago wrote about a guy 2000 years ago? Imagine if people 1500 years ago could come know what we know now. Do you think people today would swallow such stories? Actually 200 years ago a large segment of us swallowed the Joseph Smith story and Arabs swallow the Mohammad experience.

You're all swallowing a 2000 or 7000 year old story if you count the founders of our lie the Jews. Moses is a myth. Let's stop this nonsense. It's holding us back.

I don't believe what they said happened happened 2000 years ago. So stop telling me what your story book says. We don't buy it! So what other reasons do you think "we are the only animals on this planet that God made in his image"

That is what the woman in the restaurant said. What possibly would make her believe this? A 2000 year old story? Imagine how much smarter we are today than we were 2000 years ago. I really hope we aren't as dumb as we are now 2000 years from now

What is unique about the Bible that sets it apart from all other religious books ever written?

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:15-17).

One evidence that the Bible is truly God’s Word is seen in its unity. Even though it is really sixty-six individual books, written on three continents, in three different languages, over a period of approximately 1500 years, by more than 40 authors who came from many walks of life, the Bible remains one unified book from beginning to end without contradiction. This unity is unique from all other books and is evidence of the divine origin of the words which God moved men to record.

Another evidence that indicates the Bible is truly God’s Word is the prophecies in the Bible. The Bible contains hundreds of detailed prophecies relating to the future of individual nations including Israel, certain cities, and mankind. Other prophecies concern the coming of One who would be the Messiah, the Savior of all who would believe in Him. Unlike the prophecies found in other religious books or those by men such as Nostradamus, biblical prophecies are extremely detailed. There are over three hundred prophecies concerning Jesus Christ in the Old Testament. Not only was it foretold where He would be born and His lineage, but also how He would die and that He would rise again. There simply is no logical way to explain the fulfilled prophecies in the Bible other than by divine origin. There is no other religious book with the extent or type of predictive prophecy that the Bible contains.

A third evidence is its unique authority and power. The Bible’s authority is unlike any other book ever written. This authority and power are best seen in the way countless lives have been transformed by the supernatural power of God’s Word. Drug addicts have been cured by it, homosexuals set free by it, derelicts and deadbeats transformed by it, hardened criminals reformed by it, sinners rebuked by it, and hate turned to love by it. The Bible does possess a dynamic and transforming power that is only possible because it is truly God’s Word.

Because the Bible details historical events, its truthfulness and accuracy are subject to verification like any other historical document. Through both archaeological evidences and other writings, the historical accounts of the Bible have been proven time and time again to be accurate and true. In fact, all the archaeological and manuscript evidence supporting the Bible makes it the best-documented book from the ancient world. The fact that the Bible accurately and truthfully records historically verifiable events is a great indication of its truthfulness when dealing with religious subjects and doctrines and helps substantiate its claim to be the very Word of God.

One last evidence to point out that that the Bible is truly God’s Word is the indestructibility of the Bible. Because of its importance and its claim to be the very Word of God, the Bible has suffered more vicious attacks and attempts to destroy it than any other book in history. From early Roman Emperors like Diocletian, through communist dictators and on to modern-day atheists and agnostics, the Bible has withstood and outlasted all of its attackers and is still today the most widely published book in the world.

Opponents have attacked its teaching as primitive and outdated, but its moral and legal concepts and teachings have had a positive influence on societies and cultures throughout the world. It continues to be attacked by pseudo-science, psychology, and political movements, yet it remains just as true and relevant today as it was when it was first written. It is a book that has transformed countless lives and cultures throughout the last 2000 years. No matter how its opponents try to attack, destroy, or discredit it, the Bible remains; its veracity and impact on lives is unmistakable. The accuracy which has been preserved despite every attempt to corrupt, attack, or destroy it is clear testimony to the fact that the Bible is truly God’s Word and is supernaturally protected by Him.

It should not surprise us that, no matter how the Bible is attacked, it always comes out unchanged and unscathed.
Which version of the Bible are you talking about? And when you have 500 years to get your story straight no s*** it's well written

Which version of the Bible are you talking about? And when you have 500 years to get your story straight no s*** it's well written

It's not a textbook.
People need to stop viewing it that way to understand it.
Nit picking versions of the Bible and translations don't detract from the facts above..... maybe in your mind they do, but, that's only because you choose not to believe so you are looking for flaws.

I'm not here to change your mind. I'm here to speak the truth. God CAN change YOU!

No Christian is going to listen to your arguments. They see wisdom as sinister and unrighteous. What you need to do is become familiar with human beings and find out what makes them tick if you are truly interested in making an impact on this world. Resigning to petty bickering will only result in a lot of won arguments. Do you want to win arguments? Is that your goal? They keep believing in their religion and you will have a few more points to put on the scoreboard. If you want to change minds and change hearts you are just going to have to learn about humans. Logic will get you nowhere because 100% of humans are not logical creatures. We are however creatures of habit. Using logic is like trying to fix a lawnmower by replacing the toner cartridge. Yes, sometimes you have to replace the toner cartridge in your printer but not in your lawnmower. Weaning people off of religion can't be done with logic. I'm sorry but you have to use something that works.

The reason believers seem not to be listening to atheist arguments is because atheists start with the premise there is no God--and present scriptures in a way they think supports their position. That's kind of like using a recipe book to convince people not to cook.

Scripture is an account of people's experiences with God, where they see God's hand in their lives, in world history. People who have had experiences of God are going to relate to the Bible. People who have had no experience of God are going to think those who have must be imagining it. Those who have will pay about as much attention to atheist rants as they would to a blind person arguing there is no such thing as color.

So, what happened to all the people BEFORE Christianity existed? Are they all "burning in hell" right now? :) What about those who "chose the wrong religion?" Perhaps they followed Zeus.

So, what happened to all the people BEFORE Christianity existed? Are they all "burning in hell" right now? :) What about those who "chose the wrong religion?" Perhaps they followed Zeus.

The people before Christianity are all dead. They probably aren't burning in hell right now. The people who chose the wrong religion back then are probably dead too. I hope that answered the bulk of your questions. I did the best that I could.

I would expect that if they chose the wrong religion before, the same thing will happen to them as will happen to those who choose the wrong religion now.........

The people before Christianity are all dead. They probably aren't burning in hell right now. The people who chose the wrong religion back then are probably dead too. I hope that answered the bulk of your questions. I did the best that I could.

Not really.

I would expect that if they chose the wrong religion before, the same thing will happen to them as will happen to those who choose the wrong religion now.........

What's that? How would they know about Christianity before it was invented?

They don't just not understand, they aggressively attack those that do.

They don't just not understand, they aggressively attack those that do.

Just yesterday a nice Christian was saying all you negative angry Christians aren't true Christians. Those Christians make great points about you and your kind but they're still wrong about there being a god. As nice as they are that's still just wishful thinking.

And just yesterday also a Christian was saying Reverend Wright Christian Church the one Obama went to for 20 years is not really a Christian Church. Do you see the madness? Of course you don't because you're in it. And I'm sorry but if you want to cure someones sickness you go after the sickness you don't beat around it
GREAT!!!! Then I can say FUCK all those atheists, who attack others for their beliefs, without being worried about atheists saying I am not a true Christian.
Athiests think you're just a mix bag of nuts. There is no true Christian Muslim or new. You Christians can't even get the story straight.

We might say you are a great example how religion doesn't make people better, unless you'd be a complete ass if not for your superstitious beliefs.
Comprehension issues over there? I thought from the post it was self-evident that I am not one whom you try to portray I am. That's the problem with atheists. They have no comfort in life as people of faith do (Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Taoists naming the major ones) They always run around ALL PISSED OFF wondering what will happen if they die, why life throws them curved balls here and there. We all have curved balls but deal with them according to our belief and find comfort. I personally do not give a fuck if some court houses have the Ten Commandments on display or not or if hey have Hammurabi's laws. It doesn't bother me a bit. It does not take my livelihood away.
We run around wondering you run around acting like you know
its not an act......

YHWH existed before Christ incarnated......

In don't have any idea why nobody seems to know that is impossible to be an agnostic. Agnosticism is not a belief, agnosticisms is a philosophy and this philosophy shows two possible ways: to believe in the existance of god or not to believe that god exists. More concrete: You are no able to believe that god is existing and not existing the same time - although it could be in this way: god could exist and not exist the same time.(He's the allmighty creator of existance itselve.) But if you believe this then you kill your logic. Someone who believes "A" and "not A" are true believes in everything so everything becomes true. But not everything becomes true. I don't have for example 12 fingers on my left hand like everybody else because I lost a half finger. How I Iost it are 5127 different stories.

An atheist believes there is no god.
A theist believes there is a god.
An agnostic believes that he/she doesn't know. (No kidding!)

Agnosticism is a cowardly position to take. It is the non-offensive way to be an atheist. We can all be defined agnostic. Even the most devout Christian has a hair of doubt. Even the most staunch atheist isn't completely closed to the possibility.

We are all some unmeasurable mix of theist/atheist. It could be 49.999/50.001 but we all more to one side than the other. Taken an agnostic position on the matter is like saying, "I have to talk to sound smart but I'm not going to defend anything." If you are afraid of the debate then why bother sticking your head into the discussion?

YHWH existed before Christ incarnated......

Plenty of people existed before that too. What happened to them?

In don't have any idea why nobody seems to know that is impossible to be an agnostic. Agnosticism is not a belief, agnosticisms is a philosophy and this philosophy shows two possible ways: to believe in the existance of god or not to believe that god exists. More concrete: You are no able to believe that god is existing and not existing the same time - although it could be in this way: god could exist and not exist the same time.(He's the allmighty creator of existance itselve.) But if you believe this then you kill your logic. Someone who believes "A" and "not A" are true believes in everything so everything becomes true. But not everything becomes true. I don't have for example 12 fingers on my left hand like everybody else because I lost a half finger. How I Iost it are 5127 different stories.

An atheist believes there is no god.
A theist believes there is a god.
An agnostic believes that he/she doesn't know. (No kidding!)

Agnosticism is a cowardly position to take. It is the non-offensive way to be an atheist. We can all be defined agnostic. Even the most devout Christian has a hair of doubt. Even the most staunch atheist isn't completely closed to the possibility.

We are all some unmeasurable mix of theist/atheist. It could be 49.999/50.001 but we all more to one side than the other. Taken an agnostic position on the matter is like saying, "I have to talk to sound smart but I'm not going to defend anything." If you are afraid of the debate then why bother sticking your head into the discussion?

Not at all. It is saying, "I am not ruling out the possibility, but since there is no evidence . . . I am skeptical" There is nothing wrong with that position and it is more honest than saying there definitely is or definitely is not a God. Also, many agnostics might even believe in a higher power but that it is not the Christian God or the Muslim God, or whatever god someone else may believe in. Also, many agnostics do not believe in any of the "organized religions" since they were made up by ancient men who were ignorant of the world around them. They attributed such things as volcanoes, hurricanes, tornadoes and other such events to "works of God" or "the gods are angry, time to sacrifice a virgin or a sheep." :D

Not really.

Hell does not exist. The relevance of when a person was born in relation to the time frame of a specific religious order doesn't alter the non-existence of hell. When a person chooses the wrong religion this event also doesn't alter the non-existence of hell.

Which question did I fail to cover? I was trying my best to answer all of your questions.

Forum List

Back