"atlas shrugged" will change the face of american politics

Wow, what a worthless and biased diatribe, precisely what I would expect from the Times.

Let's see how it does in the theaters

It will be like the passion of Christ. A required must see for right wingers.
As the passion was for churches. Even those who considered movies a sin a few decades ago ;)

Kinda like buying Palins book.
Would this be like "An Inconvenient Bullshit" was for the left?

Good. It would be interesting to see the left meltdown if this movie won an Oscar.

Not that I think it will... but it'd be fucking funny.

No no... it's going to get the "Grand Torino" treatment if it ever came to that.

As the passion was for churches. Even those who considered movies a sin a few decades ago ;)

Good. It would be interesting to see the left meltdown if this movie won an Oscar.

No no... it's going to get the "Grand Torino" treatment if it ever came to that.

I was married at the time and got dragged to the passion.
I have never seen Inconvenient, nor any moore flics.

Based on the reviews looks like aa shoe in for a Razzie

It's worse than that. It's like sunlight to a vampire. Looters couldn't survive if everyone believed they were entitled to keep the fruits of their labor

Ya! Then they would unionize :eusa_angel:

No they wouldn't. Herd animals unionize. free men don't.

I said "keep the fruits of your labor," not extort money from others at gunpoint.

Naah just sweet talk it out of em like the TP movement.
And throwing a bit of fearmongersing does not hurt to raise contributions either.

good reminder fitz, i remember the chickenlittle liberals flocking to the theatre to see "an incontinent piece of shit" movie, they came out of the film saying... oh my god the cities will be under water in fifty years, we have to control the weather !! he saved the animated frog... what was the guys name ? AL something...

Atlas Shurgged, the novel, has been changing the face of American Politics for many many decades, folks.

I like to think of it as the Uncle Tom's Cabin for sociopathic billionaires and their loyal minions.

Atlas Shurgged, the novel, has been changing the face of American Politics for many many decades, folks.

I like to think of it as the Uncle Tom's Cabin for sociopathic billionaires and their loyal minions.
Wow... equating rich people and people who want to keep their own wealth to a bunch of Uncle Toms.

Ain't you just the economic John Brown.

i agree, the movie will make it more accessable (palatable) to the consuming public. it couldn't come at a more perfect time. young people love it.

i agree, the movie will make it more accessable (palatable) to the consuming public. it couldn't come at a more perfect time. young people love it.

He was not complimenting you

How did you like it? It is getting killed by the critics. The movie may put your movement back 50 years

"Change the face of American politics"????

Last edited:

He was not complimenting you

How did you like it? It is getting killed by the critics. The movie may put your movement back 50 years

"Change the face of American politics"????

I thought it was very well done. Not the depth of the book, but it did capture the Spirit.

most conservatives in the movie biz in hollywood keep their politics stealthy, why is that. ?

have we really evloved past mccarthy and blacklisting ??

most conservatives in the movie biz in hollywood keep their politics stealthy, why is that. ?

NOPE. This time it's in reverse...

you're right T. it blows my mind the incredible hypocrisy. one thing i'm starting to notice is the defiance with which some dims cling to the notion that they we're right in voting for obama.
less are willing to say "i was wrong about the guy and his mysterious past, but we need a quick change". they are so desparete to be right, that it's more important to them than leaving aside this loser we call president.
because of the birth certificate, whether or not the supreme court (which he so stupidly insulted), rules for him to show it or not, this soon to be ex president will always have a harding asterisk next to his name. a sad period of american politics.

obam's starting to use the expression "my first term" .... LOL !!! yeah right !

Last edited:

NOPE. This time it's in reverse...

you're right T. it blows my mind the incredible hypocrisy. one thing i'm starting to notice is the defiance with which some dims cling to the notion that they we're right in voting for obama.
less are willing to say "i was wrong about the guy and his mysterious past, but we need a quick change". they are so desparete to be right, that it's more important to them than leaving aside this loser we call president.
because of the birth certificate, whether or not the supreme court (which he so stupidly insulted), rules for him to show it or not, will always have a harding asterisk next to his name. a sad period of american politics.

obam's starting to use the expression "my first term" ....LOL yeah right !

The BC fight is interesting because it still goes on like stomach cramps unaddressed...

Obama could have long ago put a stop to it...but it's a diversion...KEEPS him where he is...while he laughs his ass off...

And Obama had better get used to his only term.

Did you know that the movie " star wars," was underated by all of the critics??Many gave it a one star rating. It turned out to be quite the success.

Ah yes, comparing the Atlas Shrugged movie to Star Wars. Because after all, one is a fantasy involving unrealistic characters that lead fans to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, and the other involves lightsabers.

The lack of play and poor reviews really shouldn't surprise anyone. People revile and ignore what they don't understand. And as evidenced by the likes of you, they're are a lot of people that have mischaracterized and just plain don't get the message.

Ah yes, it's everyone else's fault for just simply misunderstanding what is obviously greatness.

I too said the same thing about Batman & Robin, back when I was eight. Difference is, I grew up and realized how terrible the movie was. Hopefully one day, you too can do the same with this movie.

It's fictional social commentary and that is something that may not be the most entertaining thing in the world on film.

Hey kids, who wants to see a 70-page monologue translated onto the big screen?

I will say one thing about Atlas Shrugged though, makes a great paperweight.

Forum List

Back