Attack on the first amendment already under way

LOL

Just more of Faux News' "war on" series.

They wasted no time in feeding raw meat to the kristians that this is more of the 'war on' kristians. What's new and there will be more to come.

Oh kristians, you are so persecuted in America, a country that is 70% Christian. Why must you torture yourself so!!

LOL

Just more of Faux News' "war on" series.

They wasted no time in feeding raw meat to the kristians that this is more of the 'war on' kristians. What's new and there will be more to come.

Oh kristians, you are so persecuted in America, a country that is 70% Christian. Why must you torture yourself so!!

Hey genius I live in Pennsylvania and this paper is catching more than a little flack for exercising their first amendment rights. Take you lies elsewhere.

Some opinions are just not worthy of respect including those who cannot discuss this issue without being hateful. If there was ever any legitimate opposition to this it was soon swamped with some very ugly language from some very ugly people. Most of the opposition is just not capable of discussing the legal merits of this and go directly for the scare tactics and hate speech against homosexuals and anyone else who sided with them in their fight. Ignoring that shit is not only right but a sign of integrity.

Some opinions are just not worthy of respect including those who cannot discuss this issue without being hateful. If there was ever any legitimate opposition to this it was soon swamped with some very ugly language from some very ugly people. Most of the opposition is just not capable of discussing the legal merits of this and go directly for the scare tactics and hate speech against homosexuals and anyone else who sided with them in their fight. Ignoring that shit is not only right but a sign of integrity.

I have observed with a few exceptions any kind of questioning or opposition is met with a firestorm, and its almost all labeled as hate. McCarthyism from the other side.

I have observed with a few exceptions any kind of questioning or opposition is met with a firestorm, and its almost all labeled as hate. McCarthyism from the other side.

Reverse-McCarthyism? Truly this isn't my dad's Democratic Party.

That is how I feel about what you have to say.

It's because you guys really can't talk about it without using derogatory terms, ridiculous slippery slope arguments and religious bigotry. I have no respect for such hogwash. Just because religious and social tradition has always treated these people badly there is no reason to continue it into the future, all the right's arguments can be boiled down to: "This is how it's always been and change scares me."

OP posts "screw the fascist left" .... while running a link to Fox Noise. :rofl:

irony-300x190.jpg

I think my favorite part of this comic book was where a newspaper in Harrisburg Pennsylvania morphed into "the left".

"Attack on the first amendment already under way"

No, what's underway is this and other ridiculous lies from the right.

What we're also seeing is the usual ignorance from the right, as the First Amendment concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not the relationship between and among private citizens and organizations, such as newspapers.

In order for there to be an 'attack' on the First Amendment, government would need to attempt to engage in prior restraint of the newspaper, that the newspaper – as a private business, not a government entity – has made the decision limit printing letters hostile to same-sex couples is not to 'attack' the First Amendment, as no First Amendment rights have been 'violated.'

Newspaper faces firestorm after attempted crack-down on anti-gay marriage op-eds Fox News

after USSC ruling on gay marriage. Its not enough just win a case, all opposition must be stamped out. Screw the fascist left.

Just more hate from the party of "tolerance", "diversity", and "equality". Somewhere in Hell, Stalin is laughing.
Just more ridiculous ignorance from you and others on the right – since when does a newspaper constitute a 'political party' – one can be critical of the newspaper's decision, but it has nothing to do with the First Amendment.

To people like you "hate speech" is any disagreement at all.

Your perception is subjective, partisan, and wrong.

Reverse-McCarthyism? Truly this isn't my dad's Democratic Party.
McCarthyism is the effort by government to intimidate and use the authority of the state to silence opposition, a practice used most often by conservatives; a newspaper isn't 'government.'

what would the point be of continuing to print anti-gay marriage opinion pieces? the issue is decided.

Well a paper and an individual certainly retains the right to publish such things, and the people that read or hear them have the right to not buy their product and/or boycott them. Which is also free speech.

Let the better argument win.

Forum List

Back