Attack on the first amendment already under way

LOL

Just more of Faux News' "war on" series.

They wasted no time in feeding raw meat to the kristians that this is more of the 'war on' kristians. What's new and there will be more to come.

Oh kristians, you are so persecuted in America, a country that is 70% Christian. Why must you torture yourself so!!
80% actually.

Well that's the point. If 70-80% identify as 'Christian', then how exactly are 'Christians' being persecuted. It must be self persecution?

Anyone can play that game.

However, to keep it real..

When a 3 trillion dollar organization (government) can be used to instill fear of saying the wrong thing and silencing debate (Christians are nothing but bigots), then its really easy to persecute a majority.

Someday, those 220 million Christians might all get on the same page and push back.

Wouldn't that be something to see.

It is state and federal government that has intimidated and silenced gays, women, and blacks for centuries. All that has happened is those inequities have been, to a degree, corrected. Which is the thing that makes America great. Its ability to see suppressed humanity and correct it.

Rather odd that those who have been a large part of that suppression would now cry out how unfair that suppression would be when foisted against THEM. Yes, no kidding. Enlightenment sometimes come as a new thought, and sometimes as a shell exploding next to your ear.
Sorry but how have women, gays and blacks been suppressed for the last 30 years?
And does that give them license to suppress others? If suppression is wrong, isn't it always wrong?

No point to this, you think all has been peachy keen for these groups and you missed the other point. I'm not going to explain it again because you still wouldn't figure it out.

LOL

They wasted no time in feeding raw meat to the kristians that this is more of the 'war on' kristians. What's new and there will be more to come.

Oh kristians, you are so persecuted in America, a country that is 70% Christian. Why must you torture yourself so!!
80% actually.

Well that's the point. If 70-80% identify as 'Christian', then how exactly are 'Christians' being persecuted. It must be self persecution?

When a 3 trillion dollar organization (government) can be used to instill fear of saying the wrong thing and silencing debate (Christians are nothing but bigots), then its really easy to persecute a majority.

Someday, those 220 million Christians might all get on the same page and push back.

It is state and federal government that has intimidated and silenced gays, women, and blacks for centuries. All that has happened is those inequities have been, to a degree, corrected. Which is the thing that makes America great. Its ability to see suppressed humanity and correct it.

Rather odd that those who have been a large part of that suppression would now cry out how unfair that suppression would be when foisted against THEM. Yes, no kidding. Enlightenment sometimes come as a new thought, and sometimes as a shell exploding next to your ear.
Do you often correct a wrong with a wrong?

Some opinions are just not worthy of respect including those who cannot discuss this issue without being hateful. If there was ever any legitimate opposition to this it was soon swamped with some very ugly language from some very ugly people. Most of the opposition is just not capable of discussing the legal merits of this and go directly for the scare tactics and hate speech against homosexuals and anyone else who sided with them in their fight. Ignoring that shit is not only right but a sign of integrity.

Was that your application essay for the Brown Shirts?

80% actually.

Sorry but how have women, gays and blacks been suppressed for the last 30 years?
And does that give them license to suppress others? If suppression is wrong, isn't it always wrong?

No point to this, you think all has been peachy keen for these groups and you missed the other point. I'm not going to explain it again because you still wouldn't figure it out.
That isnt an answer. You claim that these groups have been suppressed. And I agree some time in the distant past that may have been so. But not within the lifetimes of most people alive today. But even if it were so, does that give them license to suppress others?

That isnt an answer. You claim that these groups have been suppressed. And I agree some time in the distant past that may have been so. But not within the lifetimes of most people alive today. But even if it were so, does that give them license to suppress others?

OK I'll go slow...

I....didn't say....anyone.......should be suppressed....today.

I said its ironic.......that people who have persecuted....others....would then complain....that the shoe (metaphorical shoe, I know there are a number of ankle biters here that don't get analogy or metaphor and probably don't know what those words mean and are too lazy to look them up) is on...the other..............
FOOT.

See?

Its like these stories that pop up every now and then where a coke addict crook calls the police to complain someone stole their coke.

Irony - Like winning the lottery then dying the next day.

OK I'll go slow...

I said its ironic.......that people who have persecuted....others....would then complain....that the shoe (metaphorical shoe, I know there are a number of ankle biters here that don't get analogy or metaphor and probably don't know what those words mean and are too lazy to look them up) is on...the other..............
FOOT.

See?

Its like these stories that pop up every now and then where a coke addict crook calls the police to complain someone stole their coke.

Oh, so you have no point or constructive input to the topic.

Good to know.

OK I'll go slow...

FOOT.

See?

Oh, so you have no point or constructive input to the topic.

Good to know.

I do but only if you can think critically and know basic things like metaphor and analogy. No crime if you don't, but if you don't then yes my interaction with you in particular may be limited.

That isn't irony; that's just bad luck. Alanis Morrisette didn't really know what the word meant. Irony would be, for example, if a life long opponent of gambling had his funeral expenses paid by a family member that just hit the lottery.

LOL

80% actually.

This fails as a straw man fallacy, no government – Federal, state, or local – is being used to 'instill fear' or 'silence debate,' no government – Federal, state, or local – is accusing anyone of being 'bigots,' including Christians.

The notion that Christians are being 'persecuted' is delusional, unfounded nonsense and anything but 'real.'

LOL

80% actually.

This fails as a straw man fallacy, no government – Federal, state, or local – is being used to 'instill fear' or 'silence debate,' no government – Federal, state, or local – is accusing anyone of being 'bigots,' including Christians.

The notion that Christians are being 'persecuted' is delusional, unfounded nonsense and anything but 'real.'
actually the left is more anti christian than anti Muslim

Some opinions are just not worthy of respect including those who cannot discuss this issue without being hateful. If there was ever any legitimate opposition to this it was soon swamped with some very ugly language from some very ugly people. Most of the opposition is just not capable of discussing the legal merits of this and go directly for the scare tactics and hate speech against homosexuals and anyone else who sided with them in their fight. Ignoring that shit is not only right but a sign of integrity.

I have observed with a few exceptions any kind of questioning or opposition is met with a firestorm, and its almost all labeled as hate. McCarthyism from the other side.
It's because you guys really can't talk about it without using derogatory terms, ridiculous slippery slope arguments and religious bigotry. I have no respect for such hogwash. Just because religious and social tradition has always treated these people badly there is no reason to continue it into the future, all the right's arguments can be boiled down to: "This is how it's always been and change scares me."
It's because we find leftist goons disgusting. It's hard to talk to or about you without making faces and using derogatory terms. In fact, it's impossible, because you are foul and disgusting.

I have observed with a few exceptions any kind of questioning or opposition is met with a firestorm, and its almost all labeled as hate. McCarthyism from the other side.
Liberals are even worse than the old conservative Democrats were back in the 50s and 60s....once they figure out they have the power to oppress.

LOL

80% actually.

Your incorrect opinion is summarily noted and dismissed.

LOL

80% actually.

Bullshit.

The EPA, DoJ, and the IRS are doing just that.

Oh and Obamacare persecutes Christians. Christian institutions have to follow the guidelines for coverage in the ACA or lose their insurance.

LOL

80% actually.

Bullshit.

The EPA, DoJ, and the IRS are doing just that.

Oh and Obamacare persecutes Christians. Christian institutions have to follow the guidelines for coverage in the ACA or lose their insurance.
Or else spend huge sums of money fighting it.

What people dont understand is that before Obama these issues arose all the time. But you never heard about them. Why? Because the institution would apply for a waiver on religious grounds and the feds would grant it and that was the end.
But under Obama there are few religious waivers ever given. So everything becomes a court fight. Because they know they have more money and time than the instiutution.
No war on Christians, my ass.

To people like you "hate speech" is any disagreement at all.
If you can use correct terms and state your opinion in rational manner then there are no forbidden topics. On the other hand there is no way to express hate rationally. You are as free as a bird to express your visceral hatred of whomever you wish but I do not have to treat it as a well reasoned and rational argument.

Translation " I reserve the RIGHT to call anything you say whatever I decide it is".

Got it.
Well yeah. Don't you feel you have a right to treat whatever I might say in whatever way you wish? Opinions are like assholes-everyone has one, If I think someone is being a jackass I am going to tell them, it's the American way.

Son you are easily being the biggest jackass in this thread ;)

LOL

dear, how stupid and liberal are you? It's the secular progressives who are persecuting the Christians, not the Christians persecuting themselves.. The war on Christmans is just one example. Now that the progressives have made homosexual marriage the law all religious beliefs and institutions with contrary belief are in effect illegal when the first Amendment says otherwise .

It's the secular progressives who are persecuting the Christians, not the Christians persecuting themselves.. The war on Christmans is just one example. Now that the progressives have made homosexual marriage the law all religious beliefs and institutions with contrary belief are in effect illegal when the first Amendment says otherwise .
The first amendment protects freedom FROM religion as well as freedom OF religion. You can't have one without the other. If you don't believe it, you have no argument when someone wants to institute sharia law.

Forum List

Back