Attention working-class women! You can now buy AOC's Met Gala "tax the rich" handbag for just $995.00 (plus shipping)

I agree, and that's because the "financial industry" exists to keep people poor and in debt. I don't know my credit score, and don't care. A credit score is actually a debt score.
People who pay off their credit cards every month are called "deadbeats" by the credit card industry.

Talk about ironic!

I agree, and that's because the "financial industry" exists to keep people poor and in debt. I don't know my credit score, and don't care. A credit score is actually a debt score.
No. They exist to make a profit and are majorly managed conservatively. They are so large and interconnected that they cannot learn each individual's true credit worthiness, so they have rules to keep their lower managers and manager supervisors from doing something foolish. Are there predatory people out there that would be glad to see you, just as you say? Sure, but they are the outliers of their industry and the ones the government has to keep an eye on, lest they rip people off by approving more than some could possibly consistently pay, knowing they can get the asset purchased. Thinking of all of them as robber barons of old is not correct. They can make a lot on late fees if people are stupid, but it is not the general goal, and they ding those people's credit to keep from getting in any deeper than their business model allows. There are far more shitty borrowers out there than shitty professional finance corporations. I like really old ones, and they like me, as I haven't had a legitimate late charge in 30 or 40 years. Credit is just a tool to be used only as necessary, yet maintained clean and serviceable as a professional would any other tool he uses.

Forum List

Back