Attorney General Eric Holder can't explain constitutional basis for Obama's executive

What would make anyone think that executive orders are not legal?

It depends on the order.
And whether such orders undermine the Legislative. So far? Obama has a track record, and threats. He needs to go.

Not one of the critters in Congress will call him on his transgressions.

Because they know (and for teabaggers, some smart person has told them) that they don't have a legal leg to stand on.

It is Holder's job to provide legal council to the president and justify those decisions. And he failed. Much like all of your posts.

False. That's the job of White House Council.

You're a moron.

you're a real retard. of course the attorney general gives legal advise to the president.

The original duties of this officer were "to prosecute and conduct all suits in the Supreme Court in which the United States shall be concerned, and to give his advice and opinion upon questions of law when required by the president of the United States, or when requested by the heads of any of the departments."[1]

United States Attorney General - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not when it comes to legislation, dope. As I've already proven.

The principal duties of the Attorney General are to:
  • Represent the United States in legal matters.
  • Supervise and direct the administration and operation of the offices, boards, divisions, and bureaus that comprise the Department.
  • Furnish advice and opinions, formal and informal, on legal matters to the President and the Cabinet and to the heads of the executive departments and agencies of the government, as provided by law.
  • Make recommendations to the President concerning appointments to federal judicial positions and to positions within the Department, including U.S. Attorneys and U.S. Marshals.
  • Represent or supervise the representation of the United States Government in the Supreme Court of the United States and all other courts, foreign and domestic, in which the United States is a party or has an interest as may be deemed appropriate.
  • Perform or supervise the performance of other duties required by statute or Executive Order.

Source: DOJ: JMD: Organization, Mission and Functions Manual: Attorney General

cute-cat-laughing.jpg

I think you are wrong.

White House Council:

The White House Counsel is a staff appointee of the President of the United States whose role is to advise the President on all legal issues concerning the President and his Administration. The current White House Counsel is Kathryn "Kathy" Ruemmler.

The Office of Counsel to the President was created in 1943, and is responsible for advising on all legal aspects of policy questions, legal issues arising in connection with the President's decision to sign or veto legislation, ethical questions, financial disclosures, and conflicts of interest during employment and post employment. The Counsel's Office also helps define the line between official and political activities, oversees executive appointments and judicial selection, handles Presidential pardons, reviews legislation and Presidential statements, and handles lawsuits against the President in his role as President, as well as serving as the White House contact for the Department of Justice.

Executive orders are sometimes also called Presidential (signing) statements.

so you claim the DOJ is wrong.

hilarious....i can't believe you're this dumb

No, I'm claiming that you are wrong. And I CAN believe you're this dumb.

Attorney General Eric Holder can't explain constitutional basis for Obama's executive

It's not Eric Holder's job to tutor Mike Lee. This was not why Holder was there. He's not going to give an opinion, under oath, about something he is not required to be versed in for this hearing.

There are plenty of lawyers in the Senate. I'm sure one of them can explain it to the slow-witted Mormon.

Interesting concept, Synth...

If it isn't the "job" of the Attorney General to be versed in the law...then who's job IS it?

As usual, Eric Holder side steps questions from Congress about a legal issue. Evasive is getting to be his "schtick" at this point.
If they want to grill Holder about a specific law, then call him to the Hill for that purpose, and he will be ready to answer questions.

I think you are wrong.

Now we know where thinking gets you. My source is the DoJ, which you'd know if you actually clicked the link.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Department of Justice would know a bit more about appointed duties than LOLWIKI!

If your source said what you want it to say, you would have posted the relevant info, like I did.

You lose again!

Coming in several pages after the fact and claiming I lose doesn't change the fact you tried to defend your ridiculous claim with a lolwiki quote after blatantly ignoring the information I posted directly from the Justice department.

But hey, if revisiting the issue to embarrass yourself all over again after people have forgotten about it makes you feel better, go for it!

It's not Eric Holder's job to tutor Mike Lee. This was not why Holder was there. He's not going to give an opinion, under oath, about something he is not required to be versed in for this hearing.

There are plenty of lawyers in the Senate. I'm sure one of them can explain it to the slow-witted Mormon.

If it isn't the "job" of the Attorney General to be versed in the law...then who's job IS it?

As usual, Eric Holder side steps questions from Congress about a legal issue. Evasive is getting to be his "schtick" at this point.
If they want to grill Holder about a specific law, then call him to the Hill for that purpose, and he will be ready to answer questions.

In case you hadn't noticed, Synth...Eric Holder is seldom "ready to answer questions". When testifying in front of Congress he spends most of his time avoiding answering them. He either pretends to not know the answer...or maintains that he can't talk about the subject because it's part of an "on going investigation". In essence...he isn't OUR Attorney General...he's Barack Obama's chief cover up man. He stonewalls investigations while he refuses to turn over pertinent information so that Congress knows what really happened. That's what THIS Attorney General does!

And the fact that Holder is the Attorney General for the self proclaimed "most transparent Administration in history" is farce of the highest order. When it comes to things like Fast & Furious, Benghazi and the IRS targeting conservative groups, Eric Holder has done his best to obscure facts from both the American people and their representatives in Congress. He's the Attorney General and he's been one step ahead of a contempt of Congress citation the entire time he's held the position.

In case you hadn't noticed, Synth...Eric Holder is seldom "ready to answer questions". When testifying in front of Congress he spends most of his time avoiding answering them. He either pretends to not know the answer...or maintains that he can't talk about the subject because it's part of an "on going investigation". In essence...he isn't OUR Attorney General...he's Barack Obama's chief cover up man. He stonewalls investigations while he refuses to turn over pertinent information so that Congress knows what really happened. That's what THIS Attorney General does!

Maybe he has learned his lesson when Darrell Issa got ahold of classified documents and released them to the public, causing the deaths of Libyans working with the U.S.

Don't have any excuse for Holder's behavior so you blame a Republican for it? LOL You guys are SO predictable at this point!!!

Fast & Furious was just a continuation of a Bush program!!!
Benghazi took place because the GOP cut State Department spending!!!

It's amusing how nobody on the Left these days will take responsibility for anything bad that takes place under this Administration...it's ALWAYS the fault of someone else!

This Administration hasn't had a viable plan to create jobs in over four YEARS now but they continue to point fingers at the GOP for not going along with a "do-over" of their first stimulus that was an abject failure.

It is Holder's job to provide legal council to the president and justify those decisions. And he failed. Much like all of your posts.

part of his job is to advise the president... like golzalez did when he said waterboarding wasn't torture.

it is white house counsel's job to advise the president on issues pertaining to the executive branch.

it is not holder's job to educate mike lee about a point that he was not appearling in regard to.

if mike lee needs a primer on the thousands of executive orders signed by all of our presidents, he should use his own aids

you can like it or not, but every president signs executive orders. they have never been found unconstitutional by the Court.

that's really all mike lee needs to know about it. and he's free to hit his little google button to see what all of those executive orders were. he can start with the almost 400 signed by reagan.

I think you are wrong.

White House Council:

The White House Counsel is a staff appointee of the President of the United States whose role is to advise the President on all legal issues concerning the President and his Administration. The current White House Counsel is Kathryn "Kathy" Ruemmler.

The Office of Counsel to the President was created in 1943, and is responsible for advising on all legal aspects of policy questions, legal issues arising in connection with the President's decision to sign or veto legislation, ethical questions, financial disclosures, and conflicts of interest during employment and post employment. The Counsel's Office also helps define the line between official and political activities, oversees executive appointments and judicial selection, handles Presidential pardons, reviews legislation and Presidential statements, and handles lawsuits against the President in his role as President, as well as serving as the White House contact for the Department of Justice.

Executive orders are sometimes also called Presidential (signing) statements.

so you claim the DOJ is wrong.

hilarious....i can't believe you're this dumb

No, I'm claiming that you are wrong. And I CAN believe you're this dumb.

the DOJ said the same thing i did. therefore, how can i be wrong?

part of his job is to advise the president... like golzalez did when he said waterboarding wasn't torture.

it is white house counsel's job to advise the president on issues pertaining to the executive branch.

it is not holder's job to educate mike lee about a point that he was not appearling in regard to.

if mike lee needs a primer on the thousands of executive orders signed by all of our presidents, he should use his own aids

you can like it or not, but every president signs executive orders. they have never been found unconstitutional by the Court.

that's really all mike lee needs to know about it. and he's free to hit his little google button to see what all of those executive orders were. he can start with the almost 400 signed by reagan.

The oft repeated claim by liberals that Obama's threats to do an end run around the Constitution if Congress won't accede to his demands are the same as other Presidents before him and therefore constitutional ignores reality. Reagan did in fact sign many executive orders...all Presidents do. He also worked hand in hand with Tip O'Neal to reach compromises and pass legislation. Reagan DIDN'T tell O'Neal that if he didn't get what he wanted that he would simply accomplish it with an executive order. That is what this President continually threatens and too often does. Compromise and consensus building is HARD WORK. Barack Obama can't be bothered.

it is entirely possible obama will be the first president to lose a constitutional challenge to an executive order.

The oft repeated claim by liberals that Obama's threats to do an end run around the Constitution if Congress won't accede to his demands are the same as other Presidents before him and therefore constitutional ignores reality. Reagan did in fact sign many executive orders...all Presidents do. He also worked hand in hand with Tip O'Neal to reach compromises and pass legislation. Reagan DIDN'T tell O'Neal that if he didn't get what he wanted that he would simply accomplish it with an executive order. That is what this President continually threatens and too often does. Compromise and consensus building is HARD WORK. Barack Obama can't be bothered.

really? perhaps you want to look at reagan's.

i'm sorry if it offends you that the 20 to 40 extremists in the house can't continue to hold the government hostage. but there is nothing this president is doing that is unconstitutional.
and he has every right to do the things every other president has done... no matter how much that offends the right.

as for good ole tip o'neal, he wasn't an obstructionist loon and he and reagan knew how to work together...... unlike the house crazies.

and feel free to let me know if baby bush ever would have gotten congress to take funding away from every overseas organization that even mentioned reproductive choice... cause that was his first EO.

you can google the rest. the substance of every EO from the beginning of time. so perhaps getting the obama derangement syndrome under control would be helpful

and while you're there, feel free to google the constitutionality of enacting a law that applies to only one person... like bush's congress did in the middle of the night relative to terry schiavo.

Last edited:

And just so you know, Jillian? Eric Holder's title is not Attorney General of the President of the United States...it is Attorney General of the United States. He's SUPPOSED to be the American people's Attorney General...the highest ranking member of our justice system...not the President's lawyer.

The principal duties of the Attorney General are to:

Represent the United States in legal matters.
Supervise and direct the administration and operation of the offices, boards, divisions, and bureaus that comprise the Department.
Furnish advice and opinions, formal and informal, on legal matters to the President and the Cabinet and to the heads of the executive departments and agencies of the government, as provided by law.
Make recommendations to the President concerning appointments to federal judicial positions and to positions within the Department, including U.S. Attorneys and U.S. Marshals.
Represent or supervise the representation of the United States Government in the Supreme Court of the United States and all other courts, foreign and domestic, in which the United States is a party or has an interest as may be deemed appropriate.
Perform or supervise the performance of other duties required by statute or Executive Order.

Last edited:

Slow witted describes holder and most idiot libtards. Stop making excuses for the idiot holder.

really? perhaps you want to look at reagan's.

i'm sorry if it offends you that the 20 to 40 extremists in the house can't continue to hold the government hostage. but there is nothing this president is doing that is unconstitutional.
and he has every right to do the things every other president has done... no matter how much that offends the right.

as for good ole tip o'neal, he wasn't an obstructionist loon and he and reagan knew how to work together...... unlike the house crazies.

and feel free to let me know if baby bush ever would have gotten congress to take funding away from every overseas organization that even mentioned reproductive choice... cause that was his first EO.

you can google the rest. the substance of every EO from the beginning of time. so perhaps getting the obama derangement syndrome under control would be helpful

and while you're there, feel free to google the constitutionality of enacting a law that applies to only one person... like bush's congress did in the middle of the night relative to terry schiavo.

You're right, Reagan and O'Neal DID know how to work together. They both understood the process demanded give and take. Reagan didn't tell O'Neal that "elections have consequences...I won!" and then expect O'Neal to go sit in a corner. The glaring difference between Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama is that the latter only "talks" about working with Republicans (all the while blaming them for whatever is wrong!) and the former actually worked with Democrats. It's the same difference between Paul Ryan and Barack Obama. Ryan actually worked with Patty Murry to come up with a bi-partisan agreement...he didn't just SAY he wanted to do it...he did it.

Forum List

Back