Average IQ Levels

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Some charts I found. I have no idea where they came from, but you can make your own conclusions about them. What's particularly interesting is California..

maxresdefault.jpg

1svlxx.jpg

Given that IQ exams rely heavily on how well you assimilate general knowledge, it’s more indicative of the quality of education rather than actual intelligence.

Clearly freezing cold winters lead to higher IQs.

Some charts I found. I have no idea where they came from, but you can make your own conclusions about them. What's particularly interesting is California..

maxresdefault.jpg

1svlxx.jpg
I will take this while a block of salt the size of NYC............

"Average IQ" is an inflammatory topic under almost any circumstances. The maps above (assuming some validity) lend credence to the observation that "whiter is brighter" but that doesn't count the Chinese.

Given that IQ exams rely heavily on how well you assimilate general knowledge, it’s more indicative of the quality of education rather than actual intelligence.
Also age when given. And amount of social contacts.

California has a serious air pollution problem. They get frequent temperature inversions that trap pollution in the cities and prevent it from dissipating. And now the people who were children in the days of leaded gasoline are politicians.

You've obviously never taken an IQ test. They do not test general knowledge. They test problem solving abilities, pattern recognition, logical reasoning and critical thinking skills, etc...

There are no general knowledge questions on an IQ test.

It's worse than that, the two authors of the so called completely discredited study are Richard Lynn and Tatu Vanhanen (both also discredited and disgraced by the scientific community). They utilized the argument that intelligence can be meaningfully ranked on a single linear scale of intrinsic worth, an approach completely debunked by Stephen Jay Gould and many other real scientists. Psychologist Jelte Wicherts at the University of Amsterdam and colleagues scoured the study and discovered much of the data was "averaged" from neighboring countries and most of the very limited test subjects particularly from 3rd world countries were uneducated children who couldn't even read the test.
Lynn and Vanhanen claimed that some studies included dated as far back as 1948 and involved as few as 17 people and that IQ was correlated with incomes as far back as 1820, a neat trick given that the IQ test wasn’t invented until a century later.

Forum List

Back