"Avoid women at all costs"- new Wall Street rule

Predictable. What's professional and respectful to one person may be something different to another.

That's part of being human. We're different, even if some want to make us all the same.

But now that virtually everyone is worried that what they say, do, write or think may be their ruination, they have to be careful.

This is what happens when some authoritarians in a society decide that "live and let live" just isn't good enough for them.

Enjoy!
"Live and let live" doesn't figure into the issue of sexual harassment, Mac. It is so simple, really. If there are people who have to "worry" about what they say or do, it is because they know they're stepping over the line. It is not true that many women lie. A few do and they get caught, apparently, or no one would know they were lying. HR's and cops aren't stupid.
These threads are just so sad to me. I know most men are decent enough to keep themselves to themselves when it is appropriate. I also know most women who claim sexual harassment are telling the truth. Are we supposed to tolerate the men who can't look at women as anything but sex toys?

Predictable. What's professional and respectful to one person may be something different to another.

That's part of being human. We're different, even if some want to make us all the same.

But now that virtually everyone is worried that what they say, do, write or think may be their ruination, they have to be careful.

This is what happens when some authoritarians in a society decide that "live and let live" just isn't good enough for them.

Enjoy!
"Live and let live" doesn't figure into the issue of sexual harassment, Mac. It is so simple, really. If there are people who have to "worry" about what they say or do, it is because they know they're stepping over the line. It is not true that many women lie. A few do and they get caught, apparently, or no one would know they were lying. HR's and cops aren't stupid.
These threads are just so sad to me. I know most men are decent enough to keep themselves to themselves when it is appropriate. I also know most women who claim sexual harassment are telling the truth. Are we supposed to tolerate the men who can't look at women as anything but sex toys?
We should tolerate what we can, and realize that all of our perceptions are different. Life is complicated.

We're now at point where we just assume the worst and attack. I think that's counter-productive in the long run.

"Broads" is a slang word for the gals here on the East Coast.

I've tried to use it more since I moved to the Commonwealth of the Pennsylvanians.

I grew up in suburban Philly, and my Dad used to call women "Broads", and other condescending terms that objectified them. :) Jeez, now I sound like a Liberal. Never mind.

Enjoy!
We should tolerate what we can, and realize that all of our perceptions are different. Life is complicated.

We're now at point where we just assume the worst and attack. I think that's counter-productive in the long run.
Maybe. I understand the "perception" point. But if you had ever been on the receiving end of sexual harassment or just some out of bounds pig, you would know that it isn't a question of "perception." This type of argument going on here is an attempt to erode women's voices. Again.

This type of argument going on here is an attempt to erode women's voices. Again.
Well, as the father of two beautiful daughters, that's not what I'm doing. I just think we're losing the ability to see shades of gray.

People are funny. They get tired of being constantly accused and put on the defensive when their intent was something else.

People eventually react to that. That's one of the reasons this man is in the White House. We just don't learn. We only attack now.

This type of argument going on here is an attempt to erode women's voices. Again.
Well, as the father of two beautiful daughters, that's not what I'm doing. I just think we're losing the ability to see shades of gray.

People are funny. They get tired of being constantly accused and put on the defensive when their intent was something else.

People eventually react to that. That's one of the reasons this man is in the White House. We just don't learn. We only attack now.
So women are not liars, they are just too stupid to know if they're being hit on or threatened?

So women are not liars, they are just too stupid to know if they're being hit on or threatened?
Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Holy crap.

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Holy crap.
I'm telling your daughters, and your ass is grass...
LOL

Enjoy!

No, I will tell you what has become the problem.

Before the era of the #MeToo movement, the work place used to be one of the top, if not the top place for meeting a potential mate.

Here is the problem with women AND men. They no longer know how to do the dance. Both of them have become totally stupid, and I for one, blame this entirely on Hollywood and the corporate raised unrealistic expectations. It is insane.

Men will flirt or approach women, usually who we would think are way "out of their league," and if a women politily indicates that she is not interested, the movies and TV that we watch have given the signal that he needs to not give up, if he just is persistent, he can win her over. Or if he is aggressive enough, he can win her heart.

In the real world, that is called a stalker or sexual harassment.

Women, for their part, have been sent the unrealistic message that no matter who she is, she deserves a prince, she deserves the best. They all want the most attractive, powerful, wealthy men to make overtures to them in the work place, they want guys to act this way. I have seen posts from women in this thread ADMITTING IT.

I'm always reminded of this woman I used to work with who had a sign above her desk that said "Sexual harassment will not be tolerated, but it will be graded." Ah, sexual harassment humor. Always funny.

I had the same sign on the door handle to my office! It had a picture of a 1920's "flapper" type sitting down with a man standing above her. I also had a sign on my bulletin board that read "Caution: unattended children will be sold as slaves."
It may be tongue in cheek, but it is reveals a truth. If an attractive guy harasses a single girl? She isn't going to say boo.

Yet, if it is the wrong guy, and he doesn't get the signal that it is unwanted? Well, then it is "sexual harassment," even though in the movies and TV, he is supposed to be persistent. So of course the wrong guys don't lay off with the aggressive behavior.

So the perception of whether men are flirting and looking for a date, or sexual harassing? That is all up to the women. It is standard that is impossible to be clear for these idiots.

wtf?!

So. . . the upshot is, yes, the OP is correct, for single guys, the safe bet is just don't look for love at work. Either that, or, maybe women just need to start making the first move. I know none of them like that idea, but that is seriously what it comes down to.

Enjoy!

If there are men who are stepping over the line as you suggest, the rule suggested in the OP makes eminent good sense. Let the dudes hang with each other and avoid trouble. The gals in the office can all hang out together as well, and keep to themselves.

Why can't women understand that sexual harassment is a compliment? If a man walks past and sticks a finger in your butt it's because he likes you.

Enjoy!

Before the era of the #MeToo movement, the work place used to be one of the top, if not the top place for meeting a potential mate.

Here is the problem with women AND men. They no longer know how to do the dance. Both of them have become totally stupid, and I for one, blame this entirely on Hollywood and the corporate raised unrealistic expectations. It is insane.

Men will flirt or approach women, usually who we would think are way "out of their league," and if a women politily indicates that she is not interested, the movies and TV that we watch have given the signal that he needs to not give up, if he just is persistent, he can win her over. Or if he is aggressive enough, he can win her heart.

Women, for their part, have been sent the unrealistic message that no matter who she is, she deserves a prince, she deserves the best. They all want the most attractive, powerful, wealthy men to make overtures to them in the work place, they want guys to act this way. I have seen posts from women in this thread ADMITTING IT.

I'm always reminded of this woman I used to work with who had a sign above her desk that said "Sexual harassment will not be tolerated, but it will be graded." Ah, sexual harassment humor. Always funny.

I had the same sign on the door handle to my office! It had a picture of a 1920's "flapper" type sitting down with a man standing above her. I also had a sign on my bulletin board that read "Caution: unattended children will be sold as slaves."
It may be tongue in cheek, but it is reveals a truth. If an attractive guy harasses a single girl? She isn't going to say boo.

Yet, if it is the wrong guy, and he doesn't get the signal that it is unwanted? Well, then it is "sexual harassment," even though in the movies and TV, he is supposed to be persistent. So of course the wrong guys don't lay off with the aggressive behavior.

So the perception of whether men are flirting and looking for a date, or sexual harassing? That is all up to the women. It is standard that is impossible to be clear for these idiots.

wtf?!

So. . . the upshot is, yes, the OP is correct, for single guys, the safe bet is just don't look for love at work. Either that, or, maybe women just need to start making the first move. I know none of them like that idea, but that is seriously what it comes down to.
You know NOTHING about it. You are a Mister. We are not talking about office flirtations here.

Why can't women understand that sexual harassment is a compliment? If a man walks past and sticks a finger in your butt it's because he likes you.
Wow, I should have said that.

You summarized my long winded post really well.

I look at it different. If you're a boss, and you need something done, you can do it yourself or have one of your male underlings do it.

Because if you holler at some broad "hey toots, get this shit done", she'll write you up and look to get you fired or worse.

Jesus you are stupid.
You've no business saying that after being made into a stupid bitch.

Clearly you are out of your league kid come back when you can grasp simple logic
"stupid bitch".....no misogyny here
True.

Men call each other bitch all the time as do women.
Only those who have no self-respect or respect for others.
In your weak opinion but it is not misogynistic so grow up
It most certainly is misogynist.....but you not seeing that isn't surprising at all.

Enjoy!

If there are men who are stepping over the line as you suggest, the rule suggested in the OP makes eminent good sense. Let the dudes hang with each other and avoid trouble. The gals in the office can all hang out together as well, and keep to themselves.
That's great during coffee break. What about the rest of the time?

How about a list of those ruined by false accusations and those ruined by true accusations so we can have some actual statistics.
With millions of accusations Nationwide sure go find them
So you have nothing to back yourself up.
Yes I do and have proven it
Are you saying that there are millions of false sexual harassment accusations nationwide?
I am saying there are millions of accusations. We know some are true and some are false but most are unknown.

Overall this means many ( which means millions ) are false
How did you go about measuring this?

Enjoy!

wtf?!

You know NOTHING about it. You are a Mister. We are not talking about office flirtations here.

Like I said;

"That is all up to the women. It is a standard that is impossible to be clear for these idiots."

If you don't think every one of these "harassers" wouldn't like to have a relationship with their intended victim, you need to walk a mile in their shoes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back