Aye Carumba! The Police told the Navy that Alexis was going bye bye 6 weeks ago

OK. You are an ignorant bigot. Too bad, your loss. You might note that the President has a degree in Constitutional law, whereas the degree you hold is that of an asshole.

And the Supreme Court has already stated that the nation has the right to control the types of weapons that citizens can own. Just what we need, a bunch of gang members with military grade hand grenades.

Hand grenades are not arms as defined by law and the Constitution under the 2nd Amendment. They are explosives.

You can buy .50 caliber BMG tracer ammo from Cabela's. Just the thing for taking out refinery tanks.

.50 BMG (.50 Browning Machine Gun, 12.7x99mm NATO) rifle ammo ammunition - AmmoSeek.com

.50 BMG APIT bullets;

AmericanSpecialtyAmmo.com

APIT Armor Piercing Incindery Tracers.

Legal to buy. Apperantly not classified as explosives.

Seems to me that we have enough legal and insane access to weapons that have no real civilian use.

Yes, we do need some real controls on nonsense like this. And it is perfectly legal to do that, same as the laws concerning Thompson Machine Guns.

When did this happen? Or maybe it's just another could'a maybe could sky falling story?

seriously though, your information is out of context. So you are wrong about his clearance.

so laziness is to blame for this situation.

What is there to dispute? He had "secret security clearance".

If you have private information that he did not have this clearance, well hell's bells you better email the Senate right away because they are about to hold hearings on this on the Hill.

A simple email from you with your private information could save the taxpayers a fortune.

in 2008 which makes it irrelevant since he left the navy in 2011.

How did he get on the base Plas? I'm dying to hear your explanation.

Let's see, Russia warned the Feds that a couple of Boston terrorists were planning bad things and the Police warned the feds that a guy with a security clearance was behaving irrationally.

but but but but it is all the AR-15 fault!!!!

the guy clearly displayed symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia, but nobody WARNED gets interested.

Government accountability at it's best.

And our hysterics with gun derangement syndrome want the government to be the owner of sensitive medical information of the people.
Fuck, NO
Nevermind HE didn't HAVE an AR-15...The MEDIA so wanted to belive HE DID...

Last edited:
Well I'm not hearing back from you Plasmaball, but if you pop into the thread again you can learn something.

Secret' clearance granted in March 2008

Alexis was given a "secret" security clearance in March 2008, shortly after he joined the Navy in 2007.

He carried that clearance with him when he was honorably discharged in 2011, Kirby said, and could use it in another position so long as he is hired within two years.

Alexis was hired by a company called The Experts in September 2012 to work on a HP contract in Japan refreshing computer systems.

"Because he wasn't out of work very long before this next job the security clearance went with him," Kirby said. "We're taking a look at all the run-ins with the law if anything should have been done differently."

The initial background investigation on Alexis was done by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, Kirby said.

A Defense Department statement issued Tuesday night said "according to applicable federal investigative standards, an individual with Mr. Alexis' non-critical level of eligibility would only need to be reinvestigated once every 10 years."

Vetting military contractors: How did Navy Yard gunman get in? - CNN.com

Here endeth the lesson. :)

Last edited:

If you have private information that he did not have this clearance, well hell's bells you better email the Senate right away because they are about to hold hearings on this on the Hill.

A simple email from you with your private information could save the taxpayers a fortune.

WHY do you waste your time with that guy? He knows nothing. Knee-jerk wannabe.

Plas dismisses the process in which a CIVILIAN Contractor(s) get vetted to come on to a base. I HAVE a CAC Card to access equipment we maintain for the US Navy in NE Florida...and the process is arduous...SOMEONE dropped the ball on the warning of this freak...

Plas dismisses the process in which a CIVILIAN Contractor(s) get vetted to come on to a base. I HAVE a CAC Card to access equipment we maintain for the US Navy in NE Florida...and the process is arduous...SOMEONE dropped the ball on the warning of this freak...

There were so very many red flags on this young man. It's like Major Hassan all over again.

At least this young man compared to Hassan was literally crying out for help. No one listened.

And I find it really freaking shocking that someone in the Navy administration could ignore the Police Officer's warning.

There were so very many red flags on this young man. It's like Major Hassan all over again.

Yep...all over again...Superiors were alert about Hassan...disregarded as BIGOTRY...(PC IN EFFECT HERE)...
At least this young man compared to Hassan was literally crying out for help. No one listened.
What was it with these people? WHY was it ignored?

And I find it really freaking shocking that someone in the Navy administration could ignore the Police Officer's warning.

Not around here. LEAST little infraction? Yer done. REVOKED for review.

Someone dropped the ball. Let us see whom the scapegoat(s) will be?

12 people never went home from work.

as it was explained in the news, he got a clearance as a contractor to work on base doing whatever.

Its as simple as that dipshit.

Well I'm not hearing back from you Plasmaball, but if you pop into the thread again you can learn something.

Alexis was given a "secret" security clearance in March 2008, shortly after he joined the Navy in 2007.

He carried that clearance with him when he was honorably discharged in 2011, Kirby said, and could use it in another position so long as he is hired within two years.

Alexis was hired by a company called The Experts in September 2012 to work on a HP contract in Japan refreshing computer systems.

"Because he wasn't out of work very long before this next job the security clearance went with him," Kirby said. "We're taking a look at all the run-ins with the law if anything should have been done differently."

The initial background investigation on Alexis was done by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, Kirby said.

A Defense Department statement issued Tuesday night said "according to applicable federal investigative standards, an individual with Mr. Alexis' non-critical level of eligibility would only need to be reinvestigated once every 10 years."

he had clearance as a contractor...thats how he got in.

he had clearance as a contractor...thats how he got in.

What part of "his initial secret security clearance was good for 10 years" don't you get?

You can't arrest every one who hears voices. I bet the nra would support letti.g this man get a gun even though he heard voices. :)
You would lose that bet and I'm sure you know it. So why reach for such an unlikely affront?

The NRA supports the mentally competent, law-abiding citizen's Second Amendment right to own firearms. The vast majority of gun-owners are mentally competent and law-abiding. Exceptions like Aaron Alexis, and others, are to be expected. One way to eliminate such aberrations would be an absolute ban on all firearms. But the only way to effectively enforce such a ban would be the imposition of extreme totalitarian methods.

Forum List

Back