Baby taken from parents after visiting hospital

I was just reading this and just when I think I can't be any more shocked, I get slapped upside the head again.

Sheesh. This story is unreal; I can't imagine how these poor parents feel.

Welp, there's a LOT of missing information in that story. And--like so many other stories just like it--we only hear one side, that of the "aggrieved" parents or caregivers. Why? Because the professionals are bound by ethical codes of conduct regarding privacy rights. They cannot divulge details, even to defend themselves.

Sorry, but I've seen plenty of this before. Abusive parents constantly cry foul when their kids are removed; as I see it, these parents merely decided to go the extra mile and found willing media outlets.

Welp, there's a LOT of missing information in that story. And--like so many other stories just like it--we only hear one side, that of the "aggrieved" parents or caregivers. Why? Because the professionals are bound by ethical codes of conduct regarding privacy rights. They cannot divulge details, even to defend themselves.

Sorry, but I've seen plenty of this before. Abusive parents constantly cry foul when their kids are removed; as I see it, these parents merely decided to go the extra mile and found willing media outlets.

They weren't abusive parents. CPS just snatched them. The parents were within their rights to seek additional medical opinions. Now, its time for the parents to start with lawsuits. I'll never move to CA.

They weren't abusive parents. CPS just snatched them. The parents were within their rights to seek additional medical opinions. Now, its time for the parents to start with lawsuits. I'll never move to CA.

You assume a great deal, when in fact you know nothing at all about this case. You are listening to one side of the story. Believe me when I tell you that the "squeeky wheels" aren't always trustworthy.

You assume a great deal, when in fact you know nothing at all about this case. You are listening to one side of the story. Believe me when I tell you that the "squeeky wheels" aren't always trustworthy.

There was no abuse. How do you construe such a notion? CPS came and took the child based on their decision to seek additional medical opinions.

I PROMISE you...I GUARANTEE you....there is more to this story. A LOT more than is reported here.

There was no abuse. How do you construe such a notion? CPS came and took the child based on their decision to seek additional medical opinions.

I would urge you not to trust everything you read on the Internet, friend.

Parents lose custody of baby son after getting second opinion

California parents Anna and Alex Nikolayev have lost custody of their 5-month-old son, Sammy, following an ill-fated trip to the hospital. About two weeks ago, the couple took Sammy to Sutter Memorial Hospital in Sacramento after the child developed flu-like symptoms. Unhappy with the care they received there, they sought a second opinion at another hospital, where doctors released the baby. The next day, though, police and staff from the state's child protective services showed up at the couple's home and took Sammy into custody.

Anna and Alex Nikolayev lose custody of son to CPS

Anna argued with doctors about getting a second opinion. Without a proper discharge, she finally took Sammy out of the hospital to get a second opinion at Kaiser Permanente.

Baby taken from parents who wanted 2nd doctor's opinion | ksdk.com

Police remove infant boy from home after parents seek second medical opinion

Read more: Police remove infant boy from home after parents seek second medical opinion | Fox News

So it goes like this, baby was sick took him to one hospital where he was admitted pending possible surgery. Doctor said not to give antibiotics according to Mom, nurse started to administer antibiotics. Mom questioned why since the doc said no antibiotics . Mom became frightened since she believed the hospital made a mistake about the antibiotics. Asked and argued with docs if he really needed surgery and then removed son immediacy from hospital for a second opinion ( without proper discharge). Took baby to another hospital straight from that hospital. Doctors there said he did not need surgery and he was fine told them to go home.

Police showed at the second hospital (before they were discharged) where the doctors said all was fine. They left only to show up at the couples home with CPS the next day and removed the child. Today they lost custody of their baby.

I really hope there is more to this but all news agencies are reporting the same that the doc at the second hospital said the baby could go home and was not in danger.

CPS can really take your kids whenever they like, a ananyamous tip from someone is enough to launch an investigation and have workers sent to your house.

So the baby was taken from the parents because they didn't get the proper discharge papers?

so in this case, the police/CPS abused authority to make an error that violated the family's rights to decisions in treatment when they weren't being abusive or neglectful.

and in the case of the couple who had TWO children die due to neglect of health care,
NOT ENOUGH was done to police the couple and make sure they didn't endanger children.

http://news.yahoo.com/2nd-child-pa-couple-dies-only-praying-111713837.html

So this just shows the system is flawed.
In one case too much caution became oppressive and violated rights.
In the other case there wasn't ENOUGH caution, where danger WAS present,
and two children died before they could get proper medical help.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...d-after-religiously-denying-medical-care.html

In both cases, maybe the oversights could be prevented by having some ombudsman
or intermediary system, where people who know the families work with authorities to prevent abuses on either side.

Last edited:

The doctor at Kaiser said the baby was safe to go home with the parents

Forum List

Back