Bachelor Host Chris Harrison Steps aside after defending Racism

It looks like the guy may have defended a woman who was (unfairly?) charged with racist blogs. Lefties whined for the better part of 70 years about the unfairness of suspected communists being "blacklisted" in the 50's and here they are in the 21st century hunting down and firing every person connected to the entertainment industry who might harbor racist thoughts. Welcome to the democrat party's modern version of HUAC.

This is utter fucking idiocy.

Idiot leftist dipshits insist on assigning the actions of the past to the morals of today, and you just can't do that...
That’s why my wife and I have copies of the classics like Huckleberry Finn before the left destroys them all. As well as some real history books. Not the rewritten fantasies the left tries to peddle in schools today.

Idiot leftist dipshits insist on assigning the actions of the past to the morals of today, and you just can't do that...

Sure you can. Slavery was wrong 150 years ago. The people who owned plantations knew it was wrong.

There is nothing harmful or hurtful about a plantation themed party.

Other than the racism and ignoring the human misery.

Harrison had apologized on Wednesday after speaking out on behalf of Rachael Kirkconnell, a contestant who was reportedly photographed at an antebellum plantation-themed fraternity formal in 2018.
In Saturday's post, Harrison wrote that he was "deeply remorseful" for the pain and damage his "ignorance" had brought to his "friends, colleagues and strangers alike."

"To the Black community, to the BIPOC community: I am so sorry. My words were harmful. I am listening, and I truly apologize for my ignorance and any pain it caused you," Harrison wrote.
"I want to give my heartfelt thanks to the people from these communities who I've had enlightening conversations with over the past few days, and I am so grateful to those who have reached out to help me on my path to anti-racism."
Kirkconnell, in an Instagram post Thursday night, wrote that "her ignorance was racist" and that she "didn't recognize how offensive and racist my actions were, but that doesn't excuse them."
She apologized to the communities and individuals her actions harmed and offended, and wrote that she is "ashamed about my lack of education."

Comment: No doubt we will hear the mewling from the usual suspects about "Cancel Culture" and Political Correctness... but man, this guy was tone deaf, wasn't he?

The discussion we won't have. Why something as absolutely as tacky as the Bachelor is on the air to start with.

Maybe she can run against Gov. KKK Blackface in VA?

Harrison had apologized on Wednesday after speaking out on behalf of Rachael Kirkconnell, a contestant who was reportedly photographed at an antebellum plantation-themed fraternity formal in 2018.
In Saturday's post, Harrison wrote that he was "deeply remorseful" for the pain and damage his "ignorance" had brought to his "friends, colleagues and strangers alike."

"To the Black community, to the BIPOC community: I am so sorry. My words were harmful. I am listening, and I truly apologize for my ignorance and any pain it caused you," Harrison wrote.
"I want to give my heartfelt thanks to the people from these communities who I've had enlightening conversations with over the past few days, and I am so grateful to those who have reached out to help me on my path to anti-racism."
Kirkconnell, in an Instagram post Thursday night, wrote that "her ignorance was racist" and that she "didn't recognize how offensive and racist my actions were, but that doesn't excuse them."
She apologized to the communities and individuals her actions harmed and offended, and wrote that she is "ashamed about my lack of education."

Comment: No doubt we will hear the mewling from the usual suspects about "Cancel Culture" and Political Correctness... but man, this guy was tone deaf, wasn't he?

The discussion we won't have. Why something as absolutely as tacky as the Bachelor is on the air to start with.
the R word again---we laugh at it---it means nothing now
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yes, Asian Americans, Caucasian Americans, & Hispanic Americans should be very sensitive toward African Americans by avoiding anything that is hurtful, such as a plantation-themed party.

But it is also incumbent on African Americans to be sensitive toward the other ethnicities, too. In some cities, African Americans are attacking Asian Americans on the street or on the subway. It would nice if African American leaders would denounce such behavior.

Of course, such incidents do not get the liberal media coverage that the "Bachelor" incident has.
.......blacks MURDER whites at TEN times the rate of vice versa.....their culure is self destructive because they worry about STUPIDSHIT like plantation parties [ hahahhahahaha ] and not important issues

I disagree. it's a nothing burger.

But tell me what year is the cutoff for your ultrasensitivity to period fashion?

The 50's weren't so great for Blacks or women so I guess poodle skirts are offensive, there were race riots in the 70's so I guess leisure suits are offensive so where does it end?

Whataboutism is always kind of funny... because you guys often sound so desperate.

The point is, Poodle Skirts and Leisure Suits weren't linked to the racism of the time. Plantations were. Ms. Scarlett's lavish lifestyle of parties were upheld by Mammie and Prissy doing all the hard work, that was the thing.
and there were no slaves at that costume party. if there were no slaves then there was no romanticism of slavery.

all it was was a bunch of college girls playing dress up for a night of drinking and dancing.

There is no reason to think it was a bunch of racists.

You ain't black!

Poor kids can be just as bright as white kids

Bobby Byrd, mentor, friend and a hell of a democrat Party leader

Gov Blackface (d-VA)

Sure you can. Slavery was wrong 150 years ago. The people who owned plantations knew it was wrong.

there were no slaves at the party

I disagree. it's a nothing burger.

But tell me what year is the cutoff for your ultrasensitivity to period fashion?

The 50's weren't so great for Blacks or women so I guess poodle skirts are offensive, there were race riots in the 70's so I guess leisure suits are offensive so where does it end?

Whataboutism is always kind of funny... because you guys often sound so desperate.

The point is, Poodle Skirts and Leisure Suits weren't linked to the racism of the time. Plantations were. Ms. Scarlett's lavish lifestyle of parties were upheld by Mammie and Prissy doing all the hard work, that was the thing.
and there were no slaves at that costume party. if there were no slaves then there was no romanticism of slavery.

all it was was a bunch of college girls playing dress up for a night of drinking and dancing.

There is no reason to think it was a bunch of racists.
..they are so obsessed with RACE that it warps their thinking--they don't think correctly

Working on the assumption you have a job (unlikely) go into the office today and start talking the kind of smack you talk around here, and let's see how long you still have one.

That's the point. The romanticizing of the "Plantation" pretends that they weren't built on the back of the systematic exploitation, torture and rape of black people.

That anyone thought this was a good idea is questionable.

Sure.

But what's wrong is saying that someone whose ancestor owned slaves should apologize for it.

My comment actually should've been in reverse. You can't take the morals of today and assign them to events of the past...

Working on the assumption you have a job (unlikely) go into the office today and start talking the kind of smack you talk around here, and let's see how long you still have one.

That's the point. The romanticizing of the "Plantation" pretends that they weren't built on the back of the systematic exploitation, torture and rape of black people.

In South Carolina, not far from Charleston, are some magnificent plantations. They're truly majestic and beautiful, and you're able to tour many of them, picnic on the grounds, etc.

Should those be closed to the public?

According to the White House Historical Association, over 200 known slaves built the White House. Should we remove our President from it and tear it down? President Biden literally lives in a house which slaves built. How is that possibly okay? Given your position on plantations, you should be at the forefront of advocating the President be given another residence, simply because there's no way to argue that the existence of the White House is, in and of itself, racist.

Slavery and the White House

Why do we still have racism in this country? Because idiot assholes on the left, primarily black but also white, lose their shit when a sorority has a party at a plantation, that's why. In a circumstance where, literally, no racism exists, they bend over backwards to falsely inject racism into a situation...

More ultrasensitive whining.

People need to grow the fuck up and realize that not everything's a personal insult.

So the fuck what if some college girls went to a party and dressed up in old fashioned clothes.

There weren't slaves or people pretending to be slaves at the stupid party

So if the college girls all dressed up like Nazis, would that be okay.

View attachment 457829
These girls are definitely okay by me.
What's it like to be led around by your political party like this?

Are you okay if someone someone wears a Che Guevara shirt? Leftists love to wear their support for Che Guevara.

Maybe you fascists need to police yourselves if everything offends you

Like i said all this was was a bunch of college girls wearing period clothes for a night of drinking and dancing

it was nothing more than that and it never will be.

Better not say the wrong thing! Lefties will come after your job.

Or righties will. Just ask the Dixie Chicks or Jane Fonda.

This guy just said something that was outright stupid. 2018, people should have realized that going to a plantation themed party was kind of tasteless.

The real fault is in not screening your contestants better. It's not a good look to have a racist contestant when you have your first black Bachelor on the show.
So what you are saying that in everything that has a divided nation...It is exactly 50/50 in all political, racial, religious, cultural and anything else in discretions of individuals on supposed sides.

If you have a Halloween costume party are you romanticizing the Salem witch trials? It's a party that never mentions slavery. Wear hoop skirts and enjoy yourself.

Forum List

Back