Back in the day if I said we were being brainwashed about Vietnam would that be sedition/treason?

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Those of us that are old enough remember George Romney's brainwashing by vietnam comment
Probably the closest thing to the truth at that time, but was viserated over his comment.
Proposes a bit of a quadrium for mItts comment about calsi.

I was just a young fellow at the time but really interested in politics. I liked George Romney. His speech at one of the conventions was a good one. My parents let me stay up late to watch the conventions they were really wild in those days with fistfights and chair-throwing. As a teen, I was pro-Vietnam war and had to defend my stance in class discussions.

Saigon fell a year before I graduated high school. Romney was right, it was his rhetoric that was flawed. ”I was lied to by experts and I believed them.“ makes the same point and doesn’t make him look weak minded.

Saigon fell a year before I graduated high school. Romney was right, it was his rhetoric that was flawed. ”I was lied to by experts and I believed them.“ makes the same point and doesn’t make him look weak minded.
They lied to all Americans and called dissenters traitors.

They wrapped themselves in the flag and called themselves Patriotic as they demanded more troops to “Win this thing by Christmas”

Any politician who opposed the war was called a traitor
Not at all unlike the leftist assholes today, who want Murica to get into WW3 over Ukraine.

There was a lot of fear mongering and misinformation going on back then about the Domino theory and the evils of Communism

Most of America bought into it

So that means there are no paid Russian trolls shitposting pro-Putin threads on USMB, and they didn't interfere in our elections in 2016 and 2020?

I see.

Forum List

Back