🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Again show me where miscegenation is accepted in the bible.

and its all about acceptance, no matter how much you deny it.

I already did. I posted over a half dozen bible quotes used by segregationists and anti miscegenation. It doesn't matter if YOU believe it's sinful, they did. How come your bigotry trumps theirs?

Its not my bigotry. I'm fighting for the rights of people to run their businesses as the please. I have no issue selling anything to gay people.

Great way to dodge the question. Why does someones anti gay bigotry trump someone's racist bigotry? Racists believe just as strongly that interracial marriage is sinful as anti gay bigots think same sex marriage is. How come their religious freedom doesn't matter?

I already did. I posted over a half dozen bible quotes used by segregationists and anti miscegenation. It doesn't matter if YOU believe it's sinful, they did. How come your bigotry trumps theirs?

Its not my bigotry. I'm fighting for the rights of people to run their businesses as the please. I have no issue selling anything to gay people.

Where were you in the 1950s when Woolworths ended up not running their lunch counters as they pleased?

I was cheering them on. That's more or less how these issues should be dealt with. (ok, I wasn't actually there, not being born yet and all... but you get the idea ;))

Great way to dodge the question. Why does someones anti gay bigotry trump someone's racist bigotry? Racists believe just as strongly that interracial marriage is sinful as anti gay bigots think same sex marriage is. How come their religious freedom doesn't matter?

It should be OK, as long as they don't work for the government.

And again, as much as you try to equate them, your race does not equal who you like to bugger.

And again, their interpretation of scripture was wrong. There is zero real reference to racism being acceptable in the bible. There is plenty of reference to homosexuality being unacceptable.

Finally, when it comes to non mandatory services such as wedding cakes and photography, the races have the good sense to not try to procure the services of people who don't want to do said service. They also have the infrastructure to take care of their own. Homosexuals don't have the numbers to pull that off, so you have to go outside your group to get some services. You also want the acceptance from non homosexuals, and thus the hissy fits and lawsuits.

Where were you in the 1950s when Woolworths ended up not running their lunch counters as they pleased?

Considering they had to segregate lunch counters based on local laws, again, it was government doing it, and I have already said that should not happen.

You spelled it right. Great job. Now...how come the religious freedom of the anti gay bigot trumps the religious freedom of the racist bigot?

You spelled it right. Great job. Now...how come the religious freedom of the anti gay bigot trumps the religious freedom of the racist bigot?

again, because sexuality does not equal race, no matter how much you try to make it.

Considering they had to segregate lunch counters based on local laws, again, it was government doing it, and I have already said that should not happen.

Oh really? It wasn't a Woolworth's call?

And again, as much as you try to equate them, your race does not equal who you like to bugger.

And again, their interpretation of scripture was wrong. There is zero real reference to racism being acceptable in the bible. There is plenty of reference to homosexuality being unacceptable.

Finally, when it comes to non mandatory services such as wedding cakes and photography, the races have the good sense to not try to procure the services of people who don't want to do said service. They also have the infrastructure to take care of their own. Homosexuals don't have the numbers to pull that off, so you have to go outside your group to get some services. You also want the acceptance from non homosexuals, and thus the hissy fits and lawsuits.

:lol: That is pure conjecture. The laws are on the books and people sue. People sue when they are refused service because of their gender, race, religion and disability. It's not just the gays suing.

Either get rid of the laws that say I must serve you or add me to the list so you must serve me. It's that simple.

Oh, and again, it doesn't matter that YOU think they read scripture wrong. I think the anti gay bigots read scripture wrong. THEY believe it.

:lol: That is pure conjecture. The laws are on the books and people sue. People sue when they are refused service because of their gender, race, religion and disability. It's not just the gays suing.

Either get rid of the laws that say I must serve you or add me to the list so you must serve me. It's that simple.

Its all about you, ain't it. and your dismissal of my point means you have no counter for it.

and now you are adding disability to it? Since when is that even remotely in the same discussion?

again, because sexuality does not equal race, no matter how much you try to make it.

But why should racial bigotry be outlawed but not bigotry over sexual orientation?

Both shouldn't be outlawed, except when government does it, but it still doesn't make them the same.

Its all about you, ain't it. and your dismissal of my point means you have no counter for it.

and now you are adding disability to it? Since when is that even remotely in the same discussion?
You know that disability is protected by law now too...you cannot refuse service based on a customer's disabilities either.

The law in South Carolina at the time. Fitting because the Greensboro protest was the most prominent.

"No persons, firms, or corporations, who or which furnish meals to passengers at station restaurants or station eating houses, in times limited by common carriers of said passengers, shall furnish said meals to white and colored passengers in the same room, or at the same table, or at the same counter."

List of Jim Crow law examples by State - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The law in South Carolina at the time. Fitting because the Greensboro protest was the most prominent.

"No persons, firms, or corporations, who or which furnish meals to passengers at station restaurants or station eating houses, in times limited by common carriers of said passengers, shall furnish said meals to white and colored passengers in the same room, or at the same table, or at the same counter."

Interesting.

But why should racial bigotry be outlawed but not bigotry over sexual orientation?

Both shouldn't be outlawed, except when government does it, but it still doesn't make them the same.

Well sure. But in the context of the conversation, they should be treated the same under the law, right?

Why? How does sexuality get lumped with race, and thus gets the same protection, while things like the fact I am fat, or ugly, or like Star Wars doesn't.

Race had to have certain protections because of this countries history of it, in particular slavery. The only slavery I can connect to homosexuality is based on a fetish subset of the community, and was voluntary.

Who cares about South Carolina? The Woolworths lunch counter event I've been talking about was in Nashville Tennessee.

Forum List

Back