🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Yep, and government has overstepped here. Where does government get it's power?

If you don't like the law...repeal it. It's really that simple.

That's the idea.

Yeah? Where is it the idea? Is your Congressman introducing legislation to "adjust" the Civil Rights Act, removing all public accommodation laws? It has to be Congress you know, since the Supreme Court already ruled PA laws Constitutional. And we're talking about Federal Law that protects religion, race, gender, country of origin or disability status from discrimination in Public Accommodation so it has to be your Congressman...a "people's initiative" won't cut it.

If you don't like the law...repeal it. It's really that simple.

That's the idea.

Yeah? Where is it the idea? Is your Congressman introducing legislation to "adjust" the Civil Rights Act, removing all public accommodation laws? It has to be Congress you know, since the Supreme Court already ruled PA laws Constitutional. And we're talking about Federal Law that protects religion, race, gender, country of origin or disability status from discrimination in Public Accommodation so it has to be your Congressman...a "people's initiative" won't cut it.

As has been previous mentioned, Court decisions can be reversed. So, no, it doesn't have to be Congress. Anyway, first we have to build awareness that these laws are, in fact, wrong - which is what these kinds of discussions are about. It thought you were in agreement on that? Did I read you wrong?

Actually I am simply amazed that anyone is allowed to make cakes at all. Filled, as they are, with SUGAR which, Michelle knows, is BAD for you.

Indeed. The baker should just appreciate the "We the People" allow him to bake at all.

Actually I am simply amazed that anyone is allowed to make cakes at all. Filled, as they are, with SUGAR which, Michelle knows, is BAD for you.

Indeed. The baker should just appreciate the "We the People" allow him to bake at all.

Wow...I had no idea that the Public Accommodation laws we've had on the books for DECADES makes us such the dictatorship...

:rolleyes:

Wow...I had no idea that the Public Accommodation laws we've had on the books for DECADES makes us such the dictatorship...

It doesn't. It just makes us sort of pathetic.

Public Accommodation laws make the United States pathetic? Yeah, go with that.

No where is there any kind of push to get rid of PA laws...there is only a group of people that believe they should have a religious exemption to them.

History Repeats

No where is there any kind of push to get rid of PA laws...there is only a group of people that believe they should have a religious exemption to them.

That's what I mean by pathetic.

Yes, attempting to get religious exemptions from our nation's laws is rather pathetic.

It worked for Hobby Lobby though...

A lot of things would be awesome, just not likely. There is no political will. Even the tribble head Rand Paul is backing of his bullshit on the Civil Rights Act, denying he ever said anything about it. Why? Because there is no political will to get rid of PA laws or to make changes to the Civil Rights Act.

In fact, the political will is in the other direction, protect gays like all the other minorities are protected. Did you know that you can fire people for being gay in about 30 states but a majority of Americans don't think you can and believe you shouldn't' be able to?

Civil Rights rulings are not popularity contests. When the Supreme Court ruled on Roe vs. Wade and Hobby Lobby, those rulings seriously pissed off some segments of society.

So just because a ruling in politically unpopular doesn't close the issue down.

Secondly, the political popularity and the likelihood of a court overturning are not factors set in stone, they're reactive to events and civilizational progress.

Maybe you've noticed what I've noticed, the opposition to anti-discrimination laws has been growing louder and louder because more and more people are noticing that they trample on the human right of free association and they're willing to jettison everything, and take the discrimination, so long as freedom can be restored to people. This used to be a very rare argument a decade ago but look at this thread - a number of people have made that argument.

The civil rights reform of the coming few decades is probably going to be to gut ant-discrimination laws due to their anti-Human Rights oppressive qualities.

What a sad thing.

What's sad is the way to protect minorities are free markets and Democrats are restricting those more and more.

Jim Crow was ... government ....

So liberal logic is that government government had laws that discriminate because businesses overwhelmingly wont, we want the best employees and paying customers. The color we care about is green.

So now government has to cure a government problem with government laws. And it's our fault. Even though the discrimination laws government forced on us were government, and now it's our fault that government needs laws restricting discrimination.

Is there some point you realize how just intellectually vacant all your crap is and let the markets work, as they keep trying to do?

Yes, attempting to get religious exemptions from our nation's laws is rather pathetic.

Yep. And just the general idea that we're so conditioned to 'asking permission' before we dare to think for ourselves.

I dunno, maybe I'm just romanticizing a past that never existed, but I seem to recall when "rights" were something more than just perks you get from government. When more people would think "It's my business, I'll refuse service to whomever I want for any goddamn reason that strikes me".

It is pathetic exempting laws restricting liberty on religious grounds. Everyone should be exempted.

Yep. And just the general idea that we're so conditioned to 'asking permission' before we dare to think for ourselves.

I dunno, maybe I'm just romanticizing a past that never existed, but I seem to recall when "rights" were something more than just perks you get from government. When more people would think "It's my business, I'll refuse service to whomever I want for any goddamn reason that strikes me".

People have a right to other people's stuff, they don't have a right to their own.

Civil Rights rulings are not popularity contests. When the Supreme Court ruled on Roe vs. Wade and Hobby Lobby, those rulings seriously pissed off some segments of society.

So just because a ruling in politically unpopular doesn't close the issue down.

Secondly, the political popularity and the likelihood of a court overturning are not factors set in stone, they're reactive to events and civilizational progress.

Maybe you've noticed what I've noticed, the opposition to anti-discrimination laws has been growing louder and louder because more and more people are noticing that they trample on the human right of free association and they're willing to jettison everything, and take the discrimination, so long as freedom can be restored to people. This used to be a very rare argument a decade ago but look at this thread - a number of people have made that argument.

The civil rights reform of the coming few decades is probably going to be to gut ant-discrimination laws due to their anti-Human Rights oppressive qualities.

What a sad thing.

What's sad is the way to protect minorities are free markets and Democrats are restricting those more and more.

So liberal logic is that government government had laws that discriminate because businesses overwhelmingly wont, we want the best employees and paying customers. The color we care about is green.

So now government has to cure a government problem with government laws. And it's our fault. Even though the discrimination laws government forced on us were government, and now it's our fault that government needs laws restricting discrimination.

Is there some point you realize how just intellectually vacant all your crap is and let the markets work, as they keep trying to do?

So you've contacted your Congressmen about removing all Federal Public Accommodation laws? Is he or she going to introduce legislation?

What a sad thing.

So you've contacted your Congressmen about removing all Federal Public Accommodation laws? Is he or she going to introduce legislation?

Isn't it odd...they want to cry about their rights this...their rights that? Well, they DO have the right to vote for legislation and legislators who can eliminate these Public Accommodation laws. Why haven't they done so? Or is it behind their efforts to get government out of the marriage business altogether?

Forum List

Back