Baltimore is on the path of democratic ruin!

Gee, I dunno.....a completely biased and twisted headline invoking insinuations that aren't supported by the article might be a place to start.

What does that have to do with anything? Who is the one that commissioned the report? The Democratic Mayor Rawlins-Blake. Why did she commission it? Because she recognizes that the city has significant problems and intends to set out to fix them.

Now, why do these problems exist? Because Baltimore has experienced a long term trend of depopulation coupled with declining wealth, which has shrunk the tax base.

So, the people who run the town, have nothing to do with the problems? Is that what you are saying?

What, you think that the current city council should have forced people to live in Baltimore, going back to 1950? Well, that's intelligent!!

Shayne Kavanagh, a researcher at the Government Finance Officers Association, said the group recommends that city governments engage in long-term financial planning, but few have taken that step.
"Most government budget practices are one-time, year-by-year affairs," Kavanagh said. "What Baltimore's doing is trying to integrate a longer-term perspective."

Read more: City of Baltimore is on a path to financial ruin, report says | Fox News

Maybe their policies scared them off. I never knew it wasn't the leaders of a community, city, state and countrys responsibility.. How dumb of me.

While it's true Baltimore may be a sh*thole on it's way to financial ruin at least they have an MFL Footsbawl teem.

It is INDEED the policies, government etc that have driven people out of Baltimore.. ME BEING ONE OF THEM... I will not move back to the city of my birth.. it is one of the most poorly governed/run areas in this country.. corrupt as the day is long

The only people who should be pissed off about the success of the Ravens are the people of Cleveland.

The Browns snuck out of Cleveland and became the Ravens a couple of years before I became totally uninterested in the clown circus of professional football.

Cleveland shouldn't have treated Modell like shit. He wanted a new stadium and they denied him. So he leaves and they build the next guy a new stadium! What was up with that?

The only people who should be pissed off about the success of the Ravens are the people of Cleveland.

The Browns snuck out of Cleveland and became the Ravens a couple of years before I became totally uninterested in the clown circus of professional football.

No, Cleveland forced the Modell out. They had ample notice and time to make arrangements with Modell, but they refused. They lost their active team for two years, when it was re-instituted.

The best part is how these cities dont account for their states civil servant welfare workers retirement expenses. Like they dont exist. Precious

The best part of the MFL is that the owners get the local populace to pay for new Stadiums even if they don't like Footsbawl.

The best thing the city of L.A. ever did is to tell Al Davis to go f*ck himself.

Forum List

Back