Ban all guns?

... and the answer to all of this, then, is to have tough gun laws, restrictive gun laws, laws which minimise the ability of ordinary citizens to defend themselves from harm by a crazed, homicidal, armed, nutter ???

Consider many of those cited cases. Well, let's pick the Breivik one, just for illustration. Imagine yourself at one of the locations Breivik used for a killing spree. Do you imagine that an effective counter to Breivik's murderous rampage would've been to say to him, 'Excuse me, but I demand you stop killing people. I don't have a gun I can stop you with, because our gun laws aren't friendly to the idea of ownership, so instead, will you just wait around for the police to get here and stop firing, until they do ?'

You think that Breivik would've done as suggested ?

Needless to say, the better alternative would have been to have a gun available, and shoot Breivik, and so stop him in his tracks !!!

What could be more obvious ?!??

Answer to the school problem is increased security at the schools. Let qualified and vetted teachers conceal carry and be paid to protect the kids. For that extra pay they are contracted to step in and defend against intruders. When no teachers volunteer use armed security from outside school personnel.

Idiocy.

This would place children in greater danger, not less.

Because teachers can't be trusted around children.

... and the answer to all of this, then, is to have tough gun laws, restrictive gun laws, laws which minimise the ability of ordinary citizens to defend themselves from harm by a crazed, homicidal, armed, nutter ???

Consider many of those cited cases. Well, let's pick the Breivik one, just for illustration. Imagine yourself at one of the locations Breivik used for a killing spree. Do you imagine that an effective counter to Breivik's murderous rampage would've been to say to him, 'Excuse me, but I demand you stop killing people. I don't have a gun I can stop you with, because our gun laws aren't friendly to the idea of ownership, so instead, will you just wait around for the police to get here and stop firing, until they do ?'

You think that Breivik would've done as suggested ?

Needless to say, the better alternative would have been to have a gun available, and shoot Breivik, and so stop him in his tracks !!!

What could be more obvious ?!??

Answer to the school problem is increased security at the schools. Let qualified and vetted teachers conceal carry and be paid to protect the kids. For that extra pay they are contracted to step in and defend against intruders. When no teachers volunteer use armed security from outside school personnel.

Idiocy.

This would place children in greater danger, not less.

I see. You think it is idiocy to actually have armed security at school. It is better to have the kids there as sitting ducks.

Idiocy. Carry on.

Forum List

Back