Ban the "B" word!

Just a thought, but if we eliminate all the emotionally charged words from usage wont we hit each other more to express our displeasure instead of just calling someone a name?

Good point.

Children's shows teach kids to use their words instead of hitting.

And as adults, People who can't think...fight

Interesting thread.

It seems everyone understands the reason for this movement. But maybe others think a better choice of words would be "Please stop using the word bossy specifically to women, it can be offensive".

As pointed out earlier, demanding the ban of the word bossy is directly that...BOSSY.

I also agree that it is a gender neutral word. I don't see any misuse of the word if it's used like, "That's one bossy dude".

I say call it what it is. Most words that are "banned" have an equal opposite meaning we use freely that no one thinks twice about saying. It's important for people to ask who banned the words considered curse words? Was it religion or people in powerful positions :eusa_boohoo:

I like your thinking here. :thup:

Ban Barry...

637885136_obama_shut_63283088732_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Banning Barry's better than banning Bieber. Bieber-boy's bossy but Barry's bossier.

If these women can't take the heat, they need to get back in the kitchen. If they want the "privileges" of manhood, they need to take it like men.

Or you could stop overreacting, that'd be swell.

:thup:

And banning perfectly good words like "bossy" isn't over reacting?

They aren't trying to pass a law, you dufus, they're attempting to influence change on the underlying backwards, paternalistic, and condescending attitude. :slap:

0061b1f5547e9a2b1f9f4728592fa445.jpg

Yea, you aren't delusional at all...

How about you actually try to get things done for yourself, instead of blaming invisible boogeymen for your problems and playing a victim?

Bossy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxuThNgl3YA]Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run - YouTube[/ame]

I see bias comments attacking women for making this movement but I don't see any actual learning or political debate. Let me post this;

Human Evolution on education should be a topic. This guy reminds me of the men in 3rd world Countries and lot's of men I've seen on Forums in the USA. He also reminds me of all of my families flaws I grew up with.

Mom should treat dad like a king. Dad should treat mom like a queen. The children get attention. <--this isn't the American dream, this is simply not happening much anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a new publicity campaign to ban the use of the word, "bossy." It is led by Facebook exec Sheryl Sandberg, and other high-profile women including FLOTUS have gotten on board.

From my perspective I think the initiative is ill-conceived, but maybe that's just because of my personal reaction to the word.

In my mind, the word, "bossy" is applied to someone who acts like The Boss, but has no actual authority. Nobody complains when the actual Boss tells people what to do, or in my experience at least, when they don't like HOW s/he tells them what to do.

But resentment does arise and the word "Bossy" is brought out, when someone who is not the boss, starts telling people what to do - usually in a manner that is irritating.

Regardless of one's level in the hierarchy, if you have that intangible quality we often refer to as "leadership," nobody complains when you tell people what to do, even if you don't have the formal authority to do so. People recognize that you have the right ideas and if they do what you ask, things will work out better for everyone.

But I will have to admit, when I look back at people who I and others have condemned as being "Bossy," it is invariably a female - usually an executive secretary or executive underling of some sort who goes around telling people what to do, even when the instructions do not come from the executive in charge.

Is "bossy" just a snarky way to level unwarranted criticism at a woman who is trying to show true leadership?

Should use of the word be avoided?

I don't think so. It is a legitimate word and it has a well-known meaning. If it applies, use it.

This is what I really think: Some people have entirely too much time on their hands.

Beyonce is a fucking hypocrite. The lyrics in her new song says "bow down bitches". Isnt "bitch" a much more problematic word these days? Do we overlook it because calling women "bitches" is an unfortunate part of black culture?

Last edited:
We have all these high profile people making PSAs; dont you think they should focus on something more important, like all the violence in the black community? Shouldnt we be trying to make sure black students get a high school diploma? Fucking "bossy"? Really!?