Be careful what you believe about rapture

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
The Arkansas Woman Who Thought The Rapture Was Taking Place and Got Killed on a Highway-Fiction!

Summary of eRumor
According to this story, an Arkansas woman is riding in the car with her husband in Arkansas City, Arkansas, when she sees two startling things: Jesus walking along the side of the road and 12 people floating into the air. She thinks it's the event described by Christians as "The Rapture" and suddenly exits the car via the sunroof and ends up being killed on the roadway. The incident causes a pile-up of 20 other cars who were trying to avoid her. Police find that the floating people were actually 12 sex balloons filled with helium that had been in the back of a truck being driven to a party by a man who has been told by friends that he looks a lot like Jesus.

=======================
The Truth
These events never took place.
This fictional story was written by Elroy Willis who has a web page he calls "Religion in the News" Updated 2/7/05. First circulated in about 2001).

A real example of the story as it has been circulated:

========================
The Rapture
ARKANSAS CITY (EAP) -- A Little Rock woman was killed yesterday after leaping through her moving car's sun roof during an incident best described as "a mistaken rapture" by dozens of eye witnesses.

Thirteen other people were injured after a twenty-car pile up resulted from people trying to avoid hitting the woman who was apparently convinced that the rapture was occurring when she saw twelve people floating up into the air, and then passed a man on the side of the road who she claimed was Jesus.

"She started screaming "He's back, He's back" and climbed right out of the sunroof and jumped off the roof of the car," said Everet Williams, husband of 28-year-old Georgann Williams who was pronounced dead at the scene.

"I was slowing down but she wouldn't wait till I stopped," Williams said. "She thought the rapture was happening and was convinced that Jesus was gonna lift her up into the sky," he went on to say.

"This is the strangest thing I've seen since I've been on the force," said
Paul Madison, first officer on the scene. Madison questioned the man who looked like Jesus and discovered that he was dressed up as Jesus and was on his way to a toga costume party when the tarp covering the bed of his pickup truck came loose and released twelve blow up sex dolls filled with helium which floated up into the air.
Ernie Jenkins, 32, of Fort Smith, who's been told by several of his friends that he looks like Jesus, pulled over and lifted his arms into the air in frustration, and said "Come back here," just as the Williams' car passed him, and Mrs. Williams was sure that it was Jesus lifting people up into the sky as they passed by him, according to her husband, who says his wife loved Jesus more than anything else.

When asked for comments about the twelve sex dolls, Jenkins replied "This is all just too weird for me. I never expected anything like this to happen."

Is there a point to this? People go crazy all the time. Now you have to mock the mentally ill to feel good about yourself? Pathetic...truly pathetic. Tolerance my ass. You're every bit as bigoted as that troll Tank, or warwulf...the newest board troll.

Correlation does not prove causation.

All of the scientific theories that have been used up until this day have been proven false except for the ones we hold now.

The rapture is not an individual event for one person as you would portray it which means you are mistaken.

Is there a point to this? People go crazy all the time. Now you have to mock the mentally ill to feel good about yourself? Pathetic...truly pathetic. Tolerance my ass. You're every bit as bigoted as that troll Tank, or warwulf...the newest board troll.

Really?

Is this any more intolerant than what gismo has posted thousands of times. Is there a point to any of that gobbledegook?

Where was your outrage when the RWs mocked the mentally ill black woman beaten by the white cop, which actually happened?

No, I have no tolerance for the slime to bilk gullible people out of their life savings by selling them this silly rapture nonsense. And, I have just as much right to my beliefs as the bible thumpers.

Edited to add - where di you get that anyone in this was "mentally ill"? Or are you saying that all those who believe in "the rapture" have a few screws loose?

Correlation does not prove causation.

All of the scientific theories that have been used up until this day have been proven false except for the ones we hold now.

The rapture is not an individual event for one person as you would portray it which means you are mistaken.

"Scientific theories"?

Oh dear.

:cuckoo:

Really?

Is this any more intolerant than what gismo has posted thousands of times. Is there a point to any of that gobbledegook?

Where was your outrage when the RWs mocked the mentally ill black woman beaten by the white cop, which actually happened?

No, I have no tolerance for the slime to bilk gullible people out of their life savings by selling them this silly rapture nonsense. And, I have just as much right to my beliefs as the bible thumpers.

Edited to add - where di you get that anyone in this was "mentally ill"? Or are you saying that all those who believe in "the rapture" have a few screws loose?

And we mock the hell out of that moron. You are no better than the Westboro Baptist "church" clowns. In fact you're worse because you claim to better than them and yet you resort to the exact same shit as them.

You, just like Gisy and them...are scum...

There were a dozen witnesses to her jumping (falling?) from the car but the only witness to her apparent hallucination was her husband. Hmmmm.

The Arkansas Woman Who Thought The Rapture Was Taking Place and Got Killed on a Highway-Fiction!

Summary of eRumor
According to this story, an Arkansas woman is riding in the car with her husband in Arkansas City, Arkansas, when she sees two startling things: Jesus walking along the side of the road and 12 people floating into the air. She thinks it's the event described by Christians as "The Rapture" and suddenly exits the car via the sunroof and ends up being killed on the roadway. The incident causes a pile-up of 20 other cars who were trying to avoid her. Police find that the floating people were actually 12 sex balloons filled with helium that had been in the back of a truck being driven to a party by a man who has been told by friends that he looks a lot like Jesus.

=======================
The Truth
This fictional story was written by Elroy Willis who has a web page he calls "Religion in the News" Updated 2/7/05. First circulated in about 2001).

========================
The Rapture
ARKANSAS CITY (EAP) -- A Little Rock woman was killed yesterday after leaping through her moving car's sun roof during an incident best described as "a mistaken rapture" by dozens of eye witnesses.

Thirteen other people were injured after a twenty-car pile up resulted from people trying to avoid hitting the woman who was apparently convinced that the rapture was occurring when she saw twelve people floating up into the air, and then passed a man on the side of the road who she claimed was Jesus.

"She started screaming "He's back, He's back" and climbed right out of the sunroof and jumped off the roof of the car," said Everet Williams, husband of 28-year-old Georgann Williams who was pronounced dead at the scene.

"I was slowing down but she wouldn't wait till I stopped," Williams said. "She thought the rapture was happening and was convinced that Jesus was gonna lift her up into the sky," he went on to say.

Paul Madison, first officer on the scene. Madison questioned the man who looked like Jesus and discovered that he was dressed up as Jesus and was on his way to a toga costume party when the tarp covering the bed of his pickup truck came loose and released twelve blow up sex dolls filled with helium which floated up into the air.
Ernie Jenkins, 32, of Fort Smith, who's been told by several of his friends that he looks like Jesus, pulled over and lifted his arms into the air in frustration, and said "Come back here," just as the Williams' car passed him, and Mrs. Williams was sure that it was Jesus lifting people up into the sky as they passed by him, according to her husband, who says his wife loved Jesus more than anything else.

When asked for comments about the twelve sex dolls, Jenkins replied "This is all just too weird for me. I never expected anything like this to happen."

So...All we need to do to cull the herd of stupid people is fill sex dolls with helium in southern states? :)

Obviously Christians and Muslims have equal potential for "mental illness" and/ or radicalism.

This is my fault for not making it clear that this never happened.

Its stated in the OP only three times that it didn't happen but apparently that has not been enough for those who took this story seriously.

I'm sorry I did not say that it did not happen more than the three times. My mistake and I apologize.

Also, I posted it as it came to me but here's a link to its source. Decide for yourselves.

The motorist who thought the Biblical rapture was taking place-Fiction!

Ya just know the new series on HBO "The Leftovers" will result in more stupid people killing themselves and others having worked themselves up into a furor.

Summary of eRumor

=======================
The Truth

========================
The Rapture

So you can be logical and sensible to find the truth in this article, but you don't do the same thing with your political views.
Interesting.

Ya just know the new series on HBO "The Leftovers" will result in more stupid people killing themselves and others having worked themselves up into a furor.

The mentally ill are everywhere. They can copycat anything. If it isn't us they will be getting themselves in trouble another way.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back