Be Honest: There is only one real reason to need to carry a gun.

By the way, the conservatives who slashed the shit out of mental health budgets so rich people could have dressage ponies are just as culpable as the leftists who made it harder to institutionalize them.

Yes it is Ann Romney's fault.

Intellectually empty.

The point went over your head, obviously.

But it usually does.

The important thing is that Ann Got her Dressage Pony, not that all those folks were sleeping on grates instead of a warm bed.

"Any time we deny any citizen
the full exercise of his constitutional rights,
we are weakening our own claim to them."

Well Joe do you have anything else to add? Where did you go?

88mm Howitzer is not a gun ?

Second Amendment doesn't say anything about "guns".

It says "Arms".

As far as nomenclatures, a howitzer is referred to as a "gun", while an M-16 is referred to as a "rifle".

"This is my Rifle..
This is my Gun
This is for Killing
This is for fun!"

(Anyone in the service knows what that was about.)

[ame=http://youtu.be/UCcbftRTZKI]20090725 - SFC (Ret) George Hayden US Army - Stack Arms - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://youtu.be/NBah7dVzIOw]The 124th NYSV present Stacking Arms - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://youtu.be/KnNK3Z0C4Ys]1764 Manual of Arms - YouTube[/ame]
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART SECOND ARMS.

FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

And if FEAR is the reason why Americans carry a gun, can they explain why they feel the need to protect themselves against their OWN PEOPLE?

Would you like to explain why, other than abject idiocy, YOU do NOT fear the most dangerous predator on the planet, ie. human beings?

What else do I need to fear, dumbass, living in the middle of a city of 800,000 people? Mountain lions? Coyotes? Javelinas? Civilization and urban sprawl have left me with only one natural enemy to worry about: uncivilized people.

Duuuhh.

And if FEAR is the reason why Americans carry a gun, can they explain why they feel the need to protect themselves against their OWN PEOPLE?

A lot of people here are not Americans, and they are here illegally.

Imagine what it would be like if Africans could walk across the Indian Ocean to come visit you in your home Down Under.

Why should I be afraid? Unless they pose a threat to me, I would have no reason to feel fear.

Riiiight, honey. You have no fear of other human beings at all. I'll bet you go to sleep every night with your doors and windows not only unlocked, but thrown wide open to let in the night breeze, right? I'll bet you wander down the street alone in the middle of the night ALL the time, don't bother to lock your car doors when you park it . . . fuck no, you're totally FEARLESS, and everyone else is just a bunch of paranoid little pussies, wandering around thinking that there MIGHT be some reason to be less-than-trusting of strangers.

You're either the biggest liar I've ever beheld, or the biggest moron. Possibly both.

A lot of people here are not Americans, and they are here illegally.

Imagine what it would be like if Africans could walk across the Indian Ocean to come visit you in your home Down Under.

Why should I be afraid? Unless they pose a threat to me, I would have no reason to feel fear.

Obviously you lack imagination.

Ok, then remain unarmed.

You know what they say: Liberals are just conservatives who haven't been mugged yet.

FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

Would you like to explain why, other than abject idiocy, YOU do NOT fear the most dangerous predator on the planet, ie. human beings?

What else do I need to fear, dumbass, living in the middle of a city of 800,000 people? Mountain lions? Coyotes? Javelinas? Civilization and urban sprawl have left me with only one natural enemy to worry about: uncivilized people.

Duuuhh.

Don't count on that: a bobcat was sighted several times a few miles outside of Boston. Coyotes have been sighted IN Boston!

Duuuhh.

Don't count on that: a bobcat was sighted several times a few miles outside of Boston. Coyotes have been sighted IN Boston!

I don't live in Boston. I live in Tucson. We see coyotes and javelinas all the time, but they're quite afraid of humans, and run away . . . which ought to be a frigging lesson to dumbasses like Noomi. The ignorant predatory animals of the desert are STILL smarter than she is.

Coyotes? Who the hell is afraid of coyotes?

Anyone who gets to close to one by accident, or has ever seen one rabid.

But as a rule, any coyote who's been around human beings at all runs like a scalded bitch from them . . . which, as I said, ought to tell the liberals something.

Conservatives wanna control who you can marry

this is a trivial (and very defensible) aspect of conservatism since only a tiny % of population is gay

and our wallets.

conservatives want to cut government and cut taxes to keep more of what is in our wallets.

No that's what they say they want to do but tell me has government ever actually been smaller in size scope and cost after conservatives were in power?

Conservatives wanna control who you can marry

this is a trivial (and very defensible) aspect of conservatism since only a tiny % of population is gay

and our wallets.

conservatives want to cut government and cut taxes to keep more of what is in our wallets.

No that's what they say they want to do but tell me has government ever actually been smaller in size scope and cost after conservatives were in power?

That's exactly the problem. The GOP has moved away from conservative ideals.

We have one liberal party. We don't need two.

too stupid!! Republicans sign the pledge, not Democrats. Is it worth talking to someone who deoesn't even know that????

02-No-True-Scotsman.jpg

The problem isn't that the GOP stopped being "conservative". If anything, the Dems are more like the Republicans were back in the 1950's and the Republicans have gone batshit crazy.

02-No-True-Scotsman.jpg

The problem isn't that the GOP stopped being "conservative". If anything, the Dems are more like the Republicans were back in the 1950's and the Republicans have gone batshit crazy.

Jefferson created the Party in 1793 to stand for limited governemnt. Today Republicans sign the pledge, not Democrats.

Can you put 2 and 2 together????

FEAR

And for the last 12 years Karl Rove has spoon-fed fear to the far right. And it has worked up until now. That's why Obama was reelected. People are tired of the bullshit and Karl Rove looked like the total idiot that he was on Fox that night.

Is fear the reason that you wear a seat belt? (I started wearing seat belts before the law said I had to)
Is fear a reason that you have a first aid kit?
Is fear the reason that you got an education?
You do those things in case they are necessary or because they are useful.
I carry just in case I need it to protect myself or others.
If you are carrying a gun and you are affraid then you have done something VERY wrong. If a gun makes you feel safer then you are deluded. If a gun makes it OK to go down that alley or cut through a part of town that you would not without your gun you are an idiot.
When you wear a gun in accordance with the law (permitted concealed carry) You pick the places you go with care so as not to put yourself into a position of having to use it. In most confrontational situation you will walk away to diffuse the situation. In those very rare situations where you feel there is no alternative because lives are at stake then you have it and the mental, physical and emotional readiness to use it wisely.
I sometimes lost my temper - not enough that it concerned anyone but it happened. The strange thing is that when I lost my temper I never thought of using a gun. I may have gotten ready to hit something but never about getting the gun. The last time I really lost it was before most of you were born - I hit something made of oak and glass - severed the tendon in my hand and had surgery the next day. I set up an appointment with a shrink the following monday. It has been a very long time since I have lost my temper - I guess wisdom does come with age and practice.

Forum List

Back