Zone1 Be Thou My Vision, O Lord --Songs of love and trusting in God

There is a Balm in Gilead
African-American Spiritual (Jeremiah 8:22)
Harmony by J. Harold Moyer, Celebrating Grace Hymnal, # 74
Voce Hominum of Concordia College, Moorhead, Minnesota

There is a Balm in Gilead, Canby HS Concert choir

He Leadeth Me
Words, Joseph H. Gilmore, 1862
Music, William B. Bradbury, 1864
Singers, Mountain View Academy at Lumahai Beach, Kauai Beach, Hawaii

God So Loved the World
Stainer - Tenebrae
Tenebrae Choir

This was ever so beautiful. I sang it once in a Presbyterian Choir years ago
I couldn't find it in any Hymnal I have here at home, but I recall every note. It's so like what I believe God Is-the perfect Father of all mankind​

Last edited:
Miserere Mei, Deus, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Fun fact! In the 1630s there was a song only played in the Sistine chapel. The Vatican kept the composition of "Miserere Mei, Deus" secret for 150 years until 14-year old Mozart listened to it 2 times, transcribed it from memory and produced the first unauthorized copy. This is one of the earliest records of musical piracy.​

He Arose
Words and Music,
by Robert Lowry, 1874

Christ Arose
Words and Music by Robert Lowry, 1874
Sung by Acapeldridge

Last edited:
In Christ Alone
Written in 2001 by Keith Getty and Stuart Townsend
So beautifully sung by David Wesley.
I had to play this one twice, it was so perfect.

And again, by one of the authors, Keith and Kristen Getty and Alison Krauss
Absolutely lovely.

Last edited:
God So Loved the World that He Gave His Only Begotten Son
This one gives Easter its deepest meaning and God's great love for his creation, us

by Frances Townsend, 1938

John 3:16: “For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.”​

Last edited:
Following Christ's grisly death upon the cross, it was a pretty hard time for Jesus' apostles and extended family, for he was loved, and before they knew how powerful the promised Holy Spirit was, everyone was pretty sad about losing (or so they thought) their beloved leader, Jesus. Soon after, the Messiah, Jesus came to them. The then knew he would be with them in a different way (after Stephen demanded to see the nail wounds in Jesus hands), through the Holy spirit, given to them and all us believers to bring the joy of Jesus be present with them for always through the Holy Spirit, aka the Holy Ghost. This song is dedicated to comforting the people of Jesus, who is one with God and the Holy Spirit. The work of the Holy spirit comforts, brings joy, and watches over us until our faithfulness brings us to our eternal home, as we believe the Kingdom of God is at hand.

Comfort Ye, My People

Last edited:
Comfort Ye My People
George Frederic Handel

Comfort ye
Comfort ye my people
Comfort ye
Comfort ye my people
Saith your God
Saith your God
Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem
Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem
And cry unto her
That her warfare
Her warfare is accomplished
That her iniquity is pardoned
That her iniquity is pardoned
The voice of Him
That crieth in the wilderness
Prepare ye the way of the Lord
Make straight in the desert
A highway for our God​

Last edited:
I Give you My Hand and I Give You My Heart"

"My people have cried out to me for an answer"
Kim Clement (2014) predicts a great spiritual leader, to restore unity of America and Israel, and restore the fortunes in this nation.
And there will be no more corruption in the White House.

"Rising of the Sun"

Last edited:

"My people have cried out to me for an answer"
Kim Clement (2014) predicts a great spiritual leader, to restore unity of America and Israel, and restore the fortunes in this nation.
And there will be no more corruption in the White House.

Weird. Very very weird. What has this to do with the Christian religion? Nothing or less than nothing? And he uses music - but only on reason of a propagandistic emotional Pavlovian conditioning. He himselve seems to be very far from the music of nature and god. Donald Trump is by the way no Christian. Never was. This is not a reason not to vote for him (- although I personally never understood why he got more than one vote -) but this is also not a reason to vote for him. To vote often only means to vote for a less evil situation and not for a perfect world. But let me warn: It is possible that Donald Trump tries to eliminate the traditional system of the USA and I think he tries to make the USA to an anti-republican autocracy from Donalds grace.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back