Bears leaving Chicago

I suspect that the policing would be a lot better in Arlington Heights, or just about anywhere else for that matter. FYI, AH is not in Cook county. But it IS in Illinois, which ain't the best place to be for any business. Interested to see if the Cubs or the Bears move up there too.
The Atlanta Braves moved several years ago to the burbs. It is a smart move. The Bears are making a smart move. The Cubs play at Wrigley and are locked in. The White Sox though can do a move eventually.

The Atlanta Braves moved several years ago to the burbs. It is a smart move. The Bears are making a smart move. The Cubs play at Wrigley and are locked in. The White Sox though can do a move eventually.
The Sox are in a relatively new stadium though--Even if it is in S. Chicago.

the white sox franchise died when they tore down classic comisky park,they can move away to another country for all i care and i hate teams that move but i also hate tearing down classic ballparks,thats criminal and those owners should go to jail.

the white sox franchise died when they tore down classic comisky park,they can move away to another country for all i care and i hate teams that move but i also hate tearing down classic ballparks,thats criminal and those owners should go to jail.
I was there once at the old park. Sat in the right field bleachers. Neighborhood not the best.

Indeed,moving just 30 miles outside of chicago is hardly leaving chicago,it would be like when the Rams moved from inside the city of LA to Anaheim,they were still in LA the fact Anaheim is a suburb of LA.
Kinda like the Cowboys moving from Dallas (Cotton Bowl) to Irving (Texas Stadium) to Arlington (Cowboys Stadium).

Fair Park is in the worst part of Dallas. Moving away from that Dem plantation ghetto was a positive move.

Nope, but I was there about 10 years ago and thought it was a great park to watch a game in. Don't hang around long after a night game though.
Your joking,the new ballpark is shit,nothing like the awesome classic comisky..well it’s still an old ballpark compared to todays standards these asshole owners have.when they got rid of old comisky they might as well have moved to canada fir all I care,same with the Detroit tigers when they got rid of tiger stadium.the Yankees to their credit unlike those two asshole organizations at least respected history and made their new ballpark a replica of the old one. :thup:

I was there once at the old park. Sat in the right field bleachers. Neighborhood not the best.
Tell me everything you can remember about the stadium,the experience,I was not fortunate enough to see old comisky but did get to see tiger stadium though.

Your joking,the new ballpark is shit,nothing like the awesome classic comisky..well it’s still an old ballpark compared to todays standards these asshole owners have.when they got rid of old comisky they might as well have moved to canada fir all I care,same with the Detroit tigers when they got rid of tiger stadium.the Yankees to their credit unlike those two asshole organizations at least respected history and made their new ballpark a replica of the old one. :thup:
I couldn't care less if MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL and soccer all fell off the face of the earth. They haven't been sports for at least 10 years and I am being kind--more like 45. These mega parks are usually built on the taxpayers dime anyway and the players are no more than a bunch of spoiled rotten primadonnas anyway. There are exceptions.

The Atlanta Braves moved several years ago to the burbs. It is a smart move.
The Braves moved 3 years ago, and it wasn't because of crime, it was because of access and parking. They had hardly any, so people had to park off-site and those sites charged too much. The intersection of I-20 and I-85 was a nightmare to access, and MARTA had no trains that went to Turner Field, so you had to park somewhere and then take a shuttle or a bus to go the last mile.

Imagine driving to this and then finding out the parking lot was already full. Turner is on the bottom, and above it is where Fulton County Stadium used to sit, where I would go all the time when I lived there. Access sucked even back then, with half the highways.

Screenshot_20220726-202941_Maps.jpg

Last edited:
All you clowns attacking Chicago, and most of you have never even been there. Soldier Field is the smallest stadium in the NFL, seating capacity, and Soldier Field is also very old. Even though it was completely remodeled 10 years ago, it still only seats around 45,000 fans.

Every team is getting a new stadium, look at how the Bills fleeced New York, but the location of Soldier Field is one of the best locations in the NFL, it sits downtown, right on the lakefront, and you can literally park your boat at Burns Harbor and walk from the lake to the Stadium in 10 minutes. Parking can sometimes be a nightmare, but if you want to take a train to the game, you are only a 15-20 minute walk from the Amtrak station.

The crime happening in Chicago is nowhere near Soldier Field, and has ZERO to do with the Bears moving and surely wanting a new billion dollar stadium. No doubt a new stadium will have a massive parking lot and twice the capacity of Soldier Field.

Hell. NY has three teams. But only one plays in NY State. The Bills.
Even the Bills stay out of the hood. The play in Orchard Park. No carjackings, No Black creeps exploiting Black children to sell candy bars and magazines. No “yout counselors” In your face after games asking for donations to keep the kids away from drugs.

I'll be happy if the Bears move out of Illinois to a Red state. Let those taxpayers be stupid enough to buy a stadium for a multi-billionaire. None of these teams are a net benefit economically to the cities/states they are in. Taxpayers pay for the cops to direct traffic and keep the peace, often at overtime rates. It's a loser for nearly every city.

Forum List

Back